Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How long do you use demo account?

It is a good idea, your reasoning are good about this one. The more here is better but i think like one year is enough. Spending a lot of time in demo account isn't good because demo account does not reflect what you will get in real account which has some different aspect.

One year is long time dude, I don’t really back myself to be patient till that long and as you said demo is not always going to reflect the exact thing when you start on real, so we should just try to gain basis knowledge and bit experience, but don’t need to get stuck down with it for long time like one year. How long did you worked on demo account? I just tried it for first1 month, as I was learning from Baby Pips, so I was just checking all their lesson, but after that I switched to demo contests which was similar to giving me practice, but at least there was chance to win something and with OctaFX broker’s cTrader I can participate every week and give a shoot to 400 dollar prize.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sasanka: 6 months is a nice period i think, from my perspective that is not so long not so short, basically you can grasp the basic thing about forex and also able to deal with most of the condition, but with one note that you should trade at least once in a week or twice in a week.

It's depend to trader ability. we could learn how to use good money management with demo account so although we didn't use real account,

we still could learn something and if you wanted to learn psychology, it must be done slowly but sure. Low amount of capital

is good to start it. 

Demo accounts will always use because I will make my demo account to practice trading skills with a demo account and then we will be able to test trading strategies. for that, a demo account is important for both the beginner trader trader or professional traders still need a demo account

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is very important to know forex trading practically before we invest in it. Demo is a solution for it. Demo gives us good idea all about trading atmosphere. Traders know how lots, leverage and risk is used in trading. Demo should be continued until you ae not enough experienced to face forex market.

sometime we still need a demo account to test our strategy for updated. Demo account is very powerful for beginner trader or expert trader. Demo account is very useful for us to make a change in our strategy and test it because it will save to loss our real money. But if we already have a good strategy that give a consistent profit, we can stay in live account for permanently. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Up to now i still use demo account is has been a long time, and you know demo account could be a good place to test something. If you have new strategy that you want to test then demo account is a suitable place to do that. You don't have to be afraid of losing because of that. Just ask many experts, i am sure that they still use demo account no matter what.

I am already use real account now, but I am rarely to open trades, and often my plan as swing trading strategy with hold position sometime more than few days, but I think also good using demo account to learn and practice in real market condition using vitual money, and I see certain trader he willingly to spent practice in demo more than two years because he won't to fail in real account

Demo isn’t limited to days or time, we need to use it forever as long as we’re doing Forex trading, it’s use able for multiple reasons, we can use it to enhance our strategies or we can use it for creating strategies, it’s basically for everything, so that’s why we should never be hesitant in using it. I don’t like demo account which is why I prefer to go with alternative route and that’s with OctaFX broker’s demo contest, It’s equally handy and gives me big push, so that’s why I am able to trade really nicely. I like Southampton Supreme demo contest so much more to do with unlimited prizes to be won while it’s just 90 minutes making it even better, so I like it so much and helps me with trading in terms of practicing.

Demo isn’t limited to days or time, we need to use it forever as long as we’re doing Forex trading, it’s use able for multiple reasons, we can use it to enhance our strategies or we can use it for creating strategies, it’s basically for everything, so that’s why we should never be hesitant in using it. I don’t like demo account which is why I prefer to go with alternative route and that’s with OctaFX broker’s demo contest, It’s equally handy and gives me big push, so that’s why I am able to trade really nicely. I like Southampton Supreme demo contest so much more to do with unlimited prizes to be won while it’s just 90 minutes making it even better, so I like it so much and helps me with trading in terms of practicing.

Is a good tool to train you trading skills and strategies. Keep practicing to make you profitable in real account. It's a simulation that you can test your trading system before you put it on the go on real account.

4 months was not a bad idea I use demo account but now I still keep it so it is not a new thing at all forex trading is good but for this reason I think we need to try our best and be learning how to develop our skills and knowledge and this need to be done in the demo account

Some traders are always in the haste that is why they get stock half way when dealing in the forex market because it is good for us to always try and learn with passion and know what can make us to succeed.

Six months is always the right time for us to stay in the demo account and during this period more and much can be gotten from the trader

Veriy good if any trader beginner they willingly to spent time practicing in demo account not only a day or a week, because on these period of time not yet enough to understand many kinds market condition, practicing on few years will better than rush investing their money, if in demo still often fail hence will not differ much in real account,

There is nothing harm to trade in demo account throughout the trading career because the more we can practice a lot ,the more we can learn and can gain the experience and confidence with time ,its all about the facing the odd situation of the market with ease .

I get bore with demo trading, because as I get 50,000 USD ( which is never possible for me to trade in real), so I trade one sided and do averaging from each low, and I make sure shout profit, where is the same strategy will not work in real trading account due to margin short fall, but we should at least trade for six month to learn patience and some strategy.

I get bore with demo trading, because as I get 50,000 USD ( which is never possible for me to trade in real), so I trade one sided and do averaging from each low, and I make sure shout profit, where is the same strategy will not work in real trading account due to margin short fall, but we should at least trade for six month to learn patience and some strategy.

I think we can use amount deposit equivalent with money that will invested later in real account, if we will invest money 100$ hence in demo account we can use 100$ and learn to manage these amount money, if we can making profit and confident with our performacne trading hence we can start in real account

In demo account many things can be learn ranging from good money managment to how to control our emotion this are all good way to keep our trade well errect.

So if you are a good forex trader be sure to always take your learning process as this could bring something positive for you

4 months is ok but what I have to say is that we do not really need a particular time for that because in as much as you keep trading then you must surely ensure that you keep learning.

Our learning process have to do with our profit the more profit that you made the better your chance to win more so we keep on learning till we win more profit to our satisfaction before we can stop

I have forgotten when last time I used demo account, I am so much into OctaFX broker’s demo contest like Southampton Supreme that I haven’t been required to put time into ordinary demo anymore and I believe it’s not even needed. I can practice well on their demo contest especially Southampton Supreme, it’s happening every week on Monday, so I can get great scalping practice and have unlimited prizes, but there are longer contest as well like Champion where there is 1000 dollar prize pool, so this is ideal for long term practicing, it’s so fun and enjoyable with such contest, I believe we can learn so much through these and helps in basically every manner we can think about.

Each and every trader should continue demo trading till they get the confidence of trading in the real field but i will say that traders have to practice the demo throughout the trading career so that they can develop the experience and knowledge as per the trading situation .