Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How long do you use demo account?

I think almost all traders will agree with me if demo account is important in trading. So in your view, how long that is commonly

enough time to use demo account? If my view, I think for newbie traders who wanted to learn about how to trade, it will need

at least 1 month until 3 months but after that they still could use it if that is necessary.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is no secified time to trade in demo as a newbie but must be trade in demo because of getting knowledge, and for this 15 days or 30 days is enough i think and i also do that before and when he will understand that is ready to trade in real then only should come in real.

@Nikhil

Yeah, 15-30 days is enough to know about trading platform and familiar with how to use it well but it's not good enough to make

strategy which is suitable for us and also we must decide which pair that we will use to trade, we must know its characteristic and then

we must make risk management and then we must train how to make profit in many conditions. I think for fresh newbie, it's more than

a month mostly but for some people, it could be a month only.

@silenteyes

Yeah, I think it will be better if we used more time to learn and we didn't too hurry to trade in real account but I am not too much

agree with you. 3 months is long enough and 6 months for me that was too long and that was wasting too much time in demo account

only. There are something which we could learn only in real account so we shouldn't waste our time in demo account only. We could move

real account and demo account at once.

@Nikhil

Yeah, I am agree with indieover. That will be better if we used demo account a little bit longer. In the first month, it could be used

as training to know how to run the platform well and to decide pair which we used in trading, and second month, we could try to

determine our trading plan and did that.

Since we all know Demo account practice is the first & key of success in Trading platform, although I have passed my practice experience some days ago &now trying to concentrate on real money trading... some times I feel unlucky whenever it does demo help me to get back to my past position... So demo practice is very important as trader....

@mowna

Demo account is not important as our training about trading but also it's important for us who didn't have any strategies yet or we wanted to try our new strategy.

We didn't need to try in real account directly because that was risky, demo account could be used as testing account. We could also determine the right trading

plan which suitable with us with demo account first before we used in real account. It will be more profitable.

Since we all know Demo account practice is the first & key of success in Trading platform, although I have passed my practice experience some days ago &now trying to concentrate on real money trading... some times I feel unlucky whenever it does demo help me to get back to my past position... So demo practice is very important as trader....

I think you are moving correctly in forex trading . its good news that you getting success in demo and definitely will success in real also , i think just follow in real what you done in demo but keep in mind money management also.

@Nikhil

Not always like that because real account is really different with demo account. We didn't feel the psychology when we used demo account

in our trading but we will feel that when we used our real money. It will be harder to follow trading plan, to open or close position, to do cut

loss or not changin Stop Loss.

@andry777 I think it is emotion which is involed 100% in real and there is no % in demo . when trade demo we can open trade any condition without fear of lossing but its totally difference in real when we trading our real money . so you are fully correct surely.

@Nikhil

If you used demo account for trading in contest, there is few psychologies which you could learn although that was different with our trading

in real account. If we wanted to win the prize, so we will calculate as good as we can and we will avoid to get some losses to win the prize

which is given, especially if the prize is really high.

@Boniez

That was too risky, what could you learn from one day only in demo account. I don't think there are many things which we could learn instantly

in a day, except you are genius person. I think 1-3 months is the most possible time to learn about forex from beginning. Less than a month,

that is not effective.

@Boniez

That was too risky, what could you learn from one day only in demo account. I don't think there are many things which we could learn instantly

in a day, except you are genius person. I think 1-3 months is the most possible time to learn about forex from beginning. Less than a month,

that is not effective.

indeed it is very risky, so I've spent my money in the forex market.

but although however, I do not feel comfortable being used in the demo account. because I do not think our psychological challenge is train properly in the demo

@Boniez

Yeah, our psychology couldn't be improved if we used demo account. Demo account is used to improve our strategy and our

planning in forex market. We could also learn about money managment with demo account but if you wanted to train your

psychology, you must use real account.

@andry777 you are absolutely correct about this that our psychology couldn't be improved via demo trading but it may give us knowledge and strategy .but about money management i think its fully depend on us and there is no more need for demo for this i think.

@Nikhil

Yes, we could learn how to use good money management with demo account so although we didn't use real account,

we still could learn something and if you wanted to learn psychology, it must be done slowly but sure. Low amount of capital

is good to start it.

Low amount of amount is good i also think where less risk involve and i think from first to start with low amount but not after big amount because i seen if we start with big and than less amount than its hard to concentrate when with low amount low profit .

I used the demo for one month or less, but now i know better, the demo is a place where all newbies must be till they are able to trade successfully and develop new strategies that they will use in their trading when they get to the live accounts. You are not supposed to leave the demo without learning all that is necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the demo for one month or less, but now i know better, the demo is a place where all newbies must be till they are able to trade successfully and develop new strategies that they will use in their trading when they get to the live accounts. You are not supposed to leave the demo without learning all that is necessary.

This is a nice thread and one that newbies will have to read because of what they will learn from the thread And I agree with chuna when she said that "you are not supposed to leave demo". You can never stop learning and re-learning when it comes to forex, so a demo account must always be around.

yes its true and better and have to trade untill we will not understand we are ready for trade in real . and for this we must success in demo and it need continue few days not sudden profit . but the problem is that most of the newbie come in real after shorttime of demo trading and it make them trouble.