Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

forex closed on weekends

matiskater

Its actually close just one day and half since its open sunday night america or monday morning in Japan and the forex market close friday afternoon in america or saturday early morning in Japan. So its just close one and half day. Since forex is open 5 days and half each week and that is a good thing since we can have one day rest enough to do another analysis for the week

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, that could be possibly because of the time zones that's why there's difference in the closing on US and in Japan. Also means that we have given time to have other activities or tasks and we all know that we can't work around the clock and Forex market traders can't possibly trade or use all of the time that the market has.

At the end of the week days and in the beginning of the week days that they would be big gap in between the Forex market. that is why I am also hoping that that would be forex trading on the weekends. But we all know that it is not possible. That's why you sweetie I would just close my trade by the end of the week days which is by Fridays night in my local time

Well, it's just really confusing sometimes that's why you have to familiarize yourself about the time zone, you must have a world clock where you can easily check different time zone. Though, this is a good way to relax to freshen up, after a stressful trading, because every week there will be always something stressful in Forex trading.

• 2 weeks later...

i think this thing is already well-known in many traders, right? and about what is the exact time, i think that is depend on the brokers so far i don't check this thing personally but when i want to trade in weekend(saturday) at 7 AM in my GMT time, i see the market is closed and i cannot trade there.

Yes i know forex is closed on weekends that is Saturday and Sunday . so i think this two days traders will be in rest and will make them self prepare for the coming week . Some may be thinking that it would be good if market opens 24/7 but i think that is not fare because traders need some time to take rest .

• 1 month later...

Actually I am so curious to say, forex is not close on Saturday and Sunday. But, the trading system and many brokers and also futures companies do not do the trading on Saturday and Sunday. So, the system is closed, and that is why we can see the gap during the closing and the opening

• 5 months later...

Yes, its closed on weekends but then if you're on the western hemisphere, you can begin to open trade on Sunday at six pm since its opening of Tokyo which is one day ahead of you so you're good on Sunday night then if you're on the West side of the globe. Now, its closed on the weekend but you can still practice in a demo and hone your skills and then think about how you will trade on the weekdays. You can buy low and hold it over the weekend but I don't recommend it though since there is swap fees and also it might dip way too low. 

• 2 months later...

Without a doubt, forex market is actually opening 1 day day-to-day within 5 nights every week. Currency markets is actually finished with Thursday as well as Wednesday because there is no
action within financial institution with days gone by. Aside from, I think that is good when foreign exchange simply exposed within 5 nights because all of us necessary time for it to sleep from investing
far too proper?

Forex is a 24/5 market whereas stocks is a 8/5 market depending on the country and the exchange anyway. What it simply means is that Forex will only open for 5 working days while the remaining weekend would be a kinda rest day. This makes it the reason why some see it as a professional business.

• 10 months later...

i think everyone need rest too but actually the market still move even weekend, but i think trader need to take some rest and to see what they already achieved this week. but i think it will be good if forex opened for 24/7 :D, not 24/5 because trader could reach more money :D

That is right the market still moving because the biggest movement of the market actually come from the bank and guess what? Bank only active for 5 days and that is only business days so in weekend forex seems like sleep and many small retail traders stop trade too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well yes the market is always closed on weekends just like the weekend is not a working day in other offline jobs as well, same is the case with forex trading traders get to have rest on the weekend and the market reopens on Monday. It is a good thing because consistent trading is not that much good for our health as well.

Forex is a professional business that is recognized by a lot of people and that is the more reason weekends are always trade free days. Those who labour during the week to excel in Forex take their rest on weekends and take that to even analyze the market and how they will trade during the day.

Actually still thereis transaction but usually big banks that has action to do that, and to be honest it is very small amount of trading and also the spreads during this time is so big, so usually only one or two or even there's not transaction. Even it said closing for retail traders but it is not like what it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly feel confused as why so many people think Forex should be on even on weekends. It is great to have a rest not just to relax the mind but also to enjoy life otherwise if we have to work 24/7 than there is no use of earning any amount of money. I personally love having a break it just refreshes me to do much better. In fact, I

also keep majority of my trades long for weeks or months so It does not make a difference to me if there is a holiday or not since I am hardly on the terminal and because of OctaFX brokers facility of Swap free account, it helps me to make solid returns with over 50% I get as compare with the spread!

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly feel confused as why so many people think Forex should be on even on weekends. It is great to have a rest not just to relax the mind but also to enjoy life otherwise if we have to work 24/7 than there is no use of earning any amount of money. I personally love having a break it just refreshes me to do much better. In fact, I

also keep majority of my trades long for weeks or months so It does not make a difference to me if there is a holiday or not since I am hardly on the terminal and because of OctaFX brokers facility of Swap free account, it helps me to make solid returns with over 50% I get as compare with the spread!

Forex is tied so strong with banks, and as you can see banks only work for 24 hours for 5 day even the prime support is around  24/7. If we want to trade, those who works on the bank must work too, and that is not fair. I agree with you resting is important. Even the real market is always moving even on weekends but i don't see any points to trade with very high spreads and low movement.

• 4 months later...

FX robot will stop automatically after 24/5 and they won't trading. The spread is getting bigger during weekends, this is something that i don't know why but i am sure to prevent much people intervene the market, primary bank only gives retail traders and all mid-level or few corporation to access market 24/5 not 24/7.

hm, Instead of wanting to make corrections but we talk about forex and its relationship with the weekend. As we know, forex closed for most or almost all banks are closed. Bank as the liquidity provider is the main source of retail traders, with liquidity provider such as banks we could enter interbank market.

hm, Instead of wanting to make corrections but we talk about forex and its relationship with the weekend. As we know, forex closed for most or almost all banks are closed. Bank as the liquidity provider is the main source of retail traders, with liquidity provider such as banks we could enter interbank market.

That is just intermezzo and forex isn't actually closed, the bank that closed their services. Actually bank can access forex 24/7 but as retail traders that use banks as the service only take around 24/5. They are the one who give access we are the one who use that access through brokers who also use bank access to the real market.

In a broader context, Forex is a 24/5 business and that is the main reason a lot of traders see it as more of a professional business. That not withstanding, it is also a business where you can trade in it only during periods when you feel your analysis seem right because it is not about going to the market but going in profitably that matters.

But you need access as retail traders you need broker and mostly brokers does not have any access so they are using banks which is the main provider which also called as market maker, because they are the one who set price based on supply and demand. Market is actually exist and open for 24/7 but not for retail traders or brokers which is only 24/5.

• 5 months later...

Technically forex doesn't closed but brokers and liquidity providers doesn't open the access during this 2 days. So retail traders or even someone or company who depend on liquidity providers cannot do that. As you can see banks also closed during weekends as the result the volatility is too high here with high spread and also low liquidity.

• 4 years later...

Traders can open multiple instrument trading on their chart. There is a possibility to face low responding platform due to open too many instruments on the chart. In my sense numbers of pairs are having no value. Because I work with only one pair. But my Trader ForexChief is able to work with multiple pair including CFD and stocks. There are more than 100 trading instruments from forex currencies. But this is my choice to work with only one pair. I would like to suggest if anyone just enter this business not to go for using this facility. First, you need to learn risk management to reduce the percentage of losing your trade as well as your profit. Leverage facility always comes with risk. Without risk you can’t use leverage. Higher leverage makes higher your risk. It is multiplying your money as well as multiply your risk.