Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

forex closed on weekends

matiskater

Hi all, im just starting on forex like many already might know...and i woke up today and found that the market is closed on weekends..=/ i really didnt know this before

so it means that all forex market is closed on weekends? i thought it never closed

by the way im using etoro to trade my forex

thanks for responces guys

regards,

matiskater

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, forex market is opening 24 hours everyday in 5 days a week. Forex market is closed on Saturday and Sunday because there is no

action in bank on those days. Besides, I think that is good if forex only opened in 5 days because we needed time to rest from trading

too right?

yeah, of course forex market will close on weekends, because it just like on the real business, their employee needed time to rest as well, but no matter if we still have an order which havent execution yet, because it will continous in the next period

yeah i find it great, everyone needs a rest..lol im trying to get on the most time as posible to trade and learn with my practice account, and since its closed its great actually, i just didnt really know why it was but thatnks for the answer guys

regards,

matiskater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Forex is like every other financial or non-financial business that runs from Mondays to Fridays the only difference being that in forex, it is 24 hours within that period. Over the weekends, the markets are generally closed to traders but exchanges still take place.

• 5 weeks later...

i think everyone need rest too but actually the market still move even weekend, but i think trader need to take some rest and to see what they already achieved this week. but i think it will be good if forex opened for 24/7 :D, not 24/5 because trader could reach more money :D

• 5 months later...

very true if the forex does not have a holiday then it will make the trader will be very tired but many of the traders who want to trade every day without a day off in addition to increase their profits become larger as well as those who have become addicted forex trading will feel very bored if not trading in a single day

true rizal83, if we find a merchant like he might be called greedy and only concerned with the world. Why forex has a day off, because that forex traders have the opportunity to calm the mind and stabilize the emotions and psychology that they experienced when they trade forex. with the holidays they can relax while eliminating fatigue and relieve emotions, so when they started to actively trade will feel fresh again.

very true because if forex is active on a daily basis and do not have a day off of course is only going to make a lot of traders are also impaired his health and would not be good if we continue to take the trade, maybe if we do trade always profitable then it will would be good but for traders who often experience a loss of course this will only make them more depressed and will continue to trade

• 3 weeks later...

with a day off in forex trading you can analyze any deficiencies that need to be improved to get maximum results, because in the absence of the holiday we did not have enough time to analyze the data deficiencies that we have so that we can not fix these shortcomings and targets we have planned well will not be realized.

Yes, the Forex market is closed on the weekend. But, actually the running price is not stopped on the weekend. I still do not know where to find the running price during the closing date on the market. The running price on the closing date on the market will create what we call it gap.

• 2 months later...

Yes, the Forex market is closed on the weekend. But, actually the running price is not stopped on the weekend. I still do not know where to find the running price during the closing date on the market. The running price on the closing date on the market will create what we call it gap.

everyday it will be up or down, but i don't know where is this kind of rules come from that we cannot trade, as i don't dive much into forex history, but this gap is a good thing for me, because i can re-evaluate my own trading result for 5 days. and then later trying to change to just stay and stick with my own strategy

Forex market is open 24 hours in five days, Monday until Friday and forex market is closed on weekends. Traders usually spend their weekends to make evaluation for their trading and they also refreshing. Refreshing is very needed in forex, because if the mind is not fresh, we can not trade well.

Thus, they are open in weekdays. There is a chance of not that good to trade in early Monday or closing Friday for the big spikes happened in the weekend. Since, the world is continuing with the market only we have closing of Forex market in the weekends and some in holidays. I agree that the weekends are often preparation for the next week.

yes, forex closed on weekend and its a good time to trader take a breather after 5 days they work for profit. rest is needed to keep the trader mind and physic remain in health and then they will ready to face the next week with optimism feeling. weekend holiday also used by banks and brokers to calculate and report all of the trading day transaction.

also the can re-evaluate their own action in this 5 days, sometimes i do that thing too, and when i come up with the new plan i simply try it later when market is open again, but until now i don't know what is the real reason of this thing, why they would close the market even market moving now and everytime we breath