All Pips

What Leverage Are You Using?

gaban

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

for the moment, I am more comfortable for trading with small capital and leverage large as 1: 1000. Trading using little capital and a big leverage will allow us to trade with a maximum leverage large because then the margin required is very small and it is very profitable for traders

• 2 weeks later...

Well to be honest your leverage i mean the one you choose for your activity is too high, i do wonder what kind of broker which allow its client to use that high leverage. The highest i've seen so far and still safe is 1:500 but that is only few traders who choose that and usually they have big capital in their account. To me 1:1000 is way too high or overleveraging.

Well to be honest your leverage i mean the one you choose for your activity is too high, i do wonder what kind of broker which allow its client to use that high leverage. The highest i've seen so far and still safe is 1:500 but that is only few traders who choose that and usually they have big capital in their account. To me 1:1000 is way too high or overleveraging.

no, for me it was quite fitting leverage, so that I could have a chance to earn even greater profit, so it will allow us to trade with the maximum. if we have RM and MM good and then trading with great leverage will be very beneficial for us

Since you said like that it seems your mind has been set about this amount, but still be careful i already considered yours as overleveraging and usually a broker which offered that much doesn't often play fair with the traders. Because when we trade with margin, we share the risk with broker. Offering very-high leverage seems unreasonable to someone like me.

• 1 month later...

When I was a newbie I used 1:500 leverage with Hotforex but later as my deposit grew I switched to 1:100 leverage because the bigger is your deposit the less should be the risks, its an important part of any money management. 

Yes, trade with higher leverage will make risk will be higher too. That's why we need to be careful and be wise in using leverage for trading. Keep discipline with our money management and risk management.

Yes, trade with higher leverage will make risk will be higher too. That's why we need to be careful and be wise in using leverage for trading. Keep discipline with our money management and risk management.

That's why we should consider when sellecting the leverage of our account that based on our own capital...

I now use as much as possible 1:100 leverage. This leverage is good for me to earn good amount of money. My main goal and objective is to make sure that I can run great amount of money in forex trading. I'm so sure that stability is the most important thing in forex trading. So its good to really make good income in here. The risk is some how lower if we use 1:100 leverage.

Yes 1:500 is the highest yet the most suitable leverage amount for traders to use. More than that will lead to overleveraging. I myself see that is as the bad way to trade if you choose more than that. The lowest should be at around 1:100, since lower than that need more capitals and less risky.

I use 1:100 leverage with Hotforex cuz I have more than 5K in deposit and don't want to lose it fast. I want to diminish risk as much as its possible and best way to do that - use more own money and less borrowed. 

I also want to use 1:100 but that is still lower compared to 1:400. My capital isn't as big as the others maybe with 4 digits dollar i may use that much for the sake of stability and profitability at the same time. 1:100 still the lowest leverage ratio you could get for the more efficient use, 1:50 is for American but i think 1:100 for global traders.

• 3 weeks later...

1:200 still my favourite leverage, to some people their own leverage are various, some prefer 1:100 some even more like 1:400, 1:500 or 1:1000. As long as your leverage isn't really high you shouldn't worry about that. I myself prefer 1:200 because that is good enough for me in long term.

If any trader they already use big capital might will safe using low leverage than use high leverage, because it will prevent from greedy in trading due low leverage if want to open big lot size also required higher margin requirement, and if get margin call account so not all money will lost, but high leverage will useful for trader that have small capital I think

I am using 1:100 at my broker hotforex but I don't normally concern to leverage, I only trade safely with light volume.

I have seen some brokers also offers 1:3000 which seems bit unreal. I suggest keeping the leverage low at first to get used to the market as higher leverage might lead to higher damages.

I have seen some brokers also offers 1:3000 which seems bit unreal. I suggest keeping the leverage low at first to get used to the market as higher leverage might lead to higher damages.

Choose too high leverage is not help much and maybe only will killing account shortly if high leverage leading them to become greedy in trading, I am usually choose medium leverage like as 1:400 or sometime 1:500,as long as we can control our decision and always safe trading low risk use medium leverage still reliable for me.

@radex78 It will happen if those traders cannot focus and only think about the temporary matters. Basically, leverage is so much helpful and help traders a lot, and the more traders feel helpful they overuse this powerful feature, and this si the problem start, because of the high leverage traders can obtain bigger lot which they cannot bear.

@radex78 It will happen if those traders cannot focus and only think about the temporary matters. Basically, leverage is so much helpful and help traders a lot, and the more traders feel helpful they overuse this powerful feature, and this si the problem start, because of the high leverage traders can obtain bigger lot which they cannot bear.

Maybe if forex without leverage hence only hedge funds of big trader which they have huge capital to trading, but with leverage this feature help much among trader although as retail trader like as me still have opportunity to trade in forex business, many broker offer high leverage now included forexmart