Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

What Leverage Are You Using?

gaban

@garban, sure, that's right and I think risk management is always the hub of it all. It is not worth skipping as it can likely result to huge losses once the leverage is high. Why I try to stay with 1:100 is that from whatever angle you see it from, it still offers you some relief and even though you lose, you don't lose out. There are times when the market can grow so bad that without risk management, it is almost useless.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be careful in choosing the leverage because leverage as a double-edged sword. leverage can give us an advantage, but can also provide leverage for our trading losses. to choose the leverageĀ  the right we can test it through a demo account. With a demo account so we can test the leverage that we will use.

I am using leverage of 1:100 to trade. When I want to be greedy and make more and more profit, I will use 1:200 but before I will use this type of leverage, I will know that I have been able to make a very good analysis and that I set my stop loss very well. This thing will make me not to lose very much when I lose.

be careful in choosing the leverage because leverage can be detrimental to your trading if you can not be wise to take advantage of the leverage that you choose. leverage associated with margin,. with great leverage, the margin required is very small so prone to greed arises trading.

• 2 weeks later...

leverage basically help traders to trade even with small amount of capital. brokers give credit via leverage which lead them to not necessary to trade with standard contract. in stock market, leverage doesn't exist which make traders trade with standard contract. which mean, require them to spend high amount of capital to start trading.

Newbies should always be cautious of the type of leverage they choose because a high leverage looks so sweet but in the real sense, it is a killer when it comes to what the trader would lose when he has a failed trade. Choosing a right leverage system that is moderate gives you profit when you trade well and minimizes the chances of you losing.

• 1 month later...

1:500 is enough forĀ  me to trade in forex. I try to maximize that leverage which my trading capital in TenkoFx. Although i just use small capital for trading, 1:500 is very helpful for trading. Leverage for trading must not high leverage, the most important is we know how to maximize leverage for trading.

• 1 month later...

I just use 1:100 leverage in all of my trading accounts as much as possible. In this way I can handle my trading account and still end up surviving about 100 pips loses. So far it does work for me. If my analysis is good some how I can survive the most volatile day and even weeks of enduring loses. But same time I do know the lower your leverage the lower your profitability.

leverage used 1:100 usually. however, traders can choose to use higher leverage ratio. its based on traders goal and strategy. however, smaller leverage ratio enabling traders to trade with minimum lot size. which make small capital able to cover many pips losses.

I use 1:100 leverage ratio usually. its safer since I can trade with 1 or 10 cent minimum lot size value. and if I have high amount of capital, I can increase the lot value and choose to trade with higher lot size. and if my capital small only, I will stick with minimum lot size value.

@decub, is quite high. But if we can utilize good use of leverage is chosen it will be very beneficial for our trading. As long as we can control our emotions trading. very important to control emotions when using leverage 1:1000. And use SL when trading then greater risks can be minimized.

Well, I think that's when things work out well. But where the real deal is what if the other end is seen. I mean in a situation where the trader loses. Yes, you have a higher capital by making use of a high leverage and if at the end of the day, it fails, you only end up losing so much of your capital as well.

leverage ratio point out how small or high minimum lot used to trade. small leverage ratio enabling traders to trade with small lot size. which mean, traders has chance to trade though has small capital in trading account. the best is when traders use high capital, but if they are prepared with small capital, they can choose to use small leverage ratio.

leverage ratio point out how small or high minimum lot used to trade. small leverage ratio enabling traders to trade with small lot size. which mean, traders has chance to trade though has small capital in trading account. the best is when traders use high capital, but if they are prepared with small capital, they can choose to use small leverage ratio.

Even if we use the maximum leverage allowed we can still use the minimum lot size allowed and that is 0.01 lot size. Leverage can control our maximum lot size use but not the minimum lot size us. And your free margin also is bigger as the higher the leverage the higher the percentage of funds you can use to trade.

Ā 

I prefer trading using leverage large as $ 1,000 from instaforex. With substantial leverage the opportunities to be successful in this business is very high. So it is very beneficial for us all. for that we need a lot to have a good psychology because of the substantial leverage also has a very large risk

@Tenko, that is right. When you have a small capital, which by extension, is the main reason we are able to trade in Forex, then higher leverage helps you boost the capital to something reasonable and you would be able to make a profit that is decent enough without necessarily going for a much higher capital.