Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

how much time we should spend in demo before going to live trading

Levie

• 2 weeks later...

I think its hard to time specifiy for demo because not every man have same ability to learn and for this its may differ from man to man but 6 to 1 year is good time for newbie before real world.

While this is true at least we must set it at the lowest time as possible considering that nearly all people have the same concept of what it means as a good trader or be able to trade in the right way. Well, i prefer 6 months but if that is not enough try for one year and i am sure that is the longest for majority of people who want to involved in forex.

• 2 weeks later...

Who will be crazy? I am not crazy buddy but let me tell you spend your time in demo account will give us better environment to trade, as this will lower your change to lose. I must admit that it will waste your time but do it right you won't waste any single drop of your time in here, i can say it is good place to learn and experimenting.

Demo Trading is very much essential before entering the real market, you need to trade with Demo Account for atleast 3 to 4 months according to me.

Yes it is pretty much essential for someone who realized that demo account is very good service for them, at least it will teach them how to trade without need any kind of risk or losing or worriment. I think with this condition a trader maybe able to focus more and able to perform well, and this is what we find in the most case of newbie.

this from way back 2009 the first thing i understood that demo trading for newbies would require you to produce good results in spam of at least 6 months, and hopefully the new generation would understand this is necessary. but when i opened an account with lmfx since it was not my first broker i went straight to live :)

That is just myth because each trader has their own version, some traders just need to spend few months while the others maybe need to spend less or even more than that 6 months standard which become myth. Actually this topic is quite broad and we cannot define the single point when we should switch from demo account to real account.

Actually we can test any software like as robot use demo account, and also we can test any system and strategy with free risk use demo account, this still very useful if trader they can learn well and seriously using demo account, if already confident using test system in demo they can trying use real account

This is entirely to do with individual since if one has the capability then even few months could be enough while otherwise it could take pretty long, but the problem is no matter what no one is willing to wait for that long and that’s where things get ugly. I was similarly with starting real very quickly, but then I realized my mistake and when back to the drawing board and thanks to FXOpen, I was able to enjoy things especially using their promotion offers from here https://www.fxopen.com/en/bonuses-10/ including No Deposit Bonus, so all went nicely and today I have my own real account.

Might some trader they not willing to spent time practice in demo account for few month because they have reason trade in demo account only waste of time because although making good profit but unwithdrawable, but actually demo account is free place to finding suitable and profitable system trading

Few months is not enough. How about one year and also you should trade at least 3 business days in a week excluded the holiday. I think by doing that you can feel the experience and feel of how to trade in foreign exchange, also later when you switch to the real account you won't groggy and able to perform your trading better.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no specific time for the same. It depends on the learning capability of the trader with continuous working on a good strategy. Most do it around 6 months or so which is a fairly good time, IMO. You need to select a good broker too for your journey in forex. I have selected FreshForex for their services which provide both Demo & Live accounts. It also provides Forex Education which helps the newbies in their learning! Later they can migrate to Live with host of features

It depends on many things like whether we enjoy learning or not and also how much capable we are to learn quickly, it changes person to person because some are quick learners while other take their time, so it’s just like that, I don’t think you will see too many people giving fixed time. However, I believe we can say that around 6-8 months should be perfect for the foundation. I enjoy practicing even now after 6-7 years in this industry and that’s entirely to do with OctaFX broker where they have amazing demo contest like Southampton Supreme which is just 90 minutes yet got unlimited prizes to be won, so that’s seriously awesome and helps up with working nicely for me.

Because so many trader get fail less than six month, hence will better if newbie at least they practice and using demo account for learning purposes, at least six month and look performance trading during these time experience, if along six month still often fail they need add more time to learning again

yes demo is important for newbies while because it will help you to learn more on how to trade to avoid so much loss when you start on real trading,but it is good to learn firstly and if you are smart enough you might not even take such long before you learn on how to trade on forex,so that is it.

About how much time we have spent in a demo account, it depends from individual trader of its own, if the trader of his strong-willed to practice continuously, may be able to more quickly understand and can switch to a real account, but on the contrary if the trader does not often do the practice, would be a long process to understand and also switch to a real account. And now i'm has been trade with real account FBS,and was train the trading psychology,

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are no issues if we start both at the same time, but we just need to make sure we get enough knowledge and experience that we don’t do anything silly and use of common sense is most important when it comes to real trading. I did demo trading for only few weeks after which I started up with real account, but I never completely left demo instead I started doing both, as I was using long term strategy on real with weekly or monthly targets, it was just helping me make good profits and thanks to OctaFX broker swap free account, I wasn’t worried for paying overnight charges and at other side, I was continuing with learning and today, I am doing trading very well due to all knowledge I gained from regularly working on demo.

That depends upon you, you need to do Demo Practice till the time you feel confident enough to trade in live account, you could make lots of profit if you done it correctly and you may lose a lot if not take it seriously.

Now I am already using real account on my broker although skill making profit not always reached target, but I am still like using real account than demo account,except not yet capital in real account usually using demo account for backtest and learning again

I think that depends on your time, learning ability, strategy being followed, etc. I traded with FreshForex’s Demo before going real for nearly 3 months. I also used their free forex education to gain skills. When I migrated to Real, I still followed all the rules and as such don’t take very high risks and always cover my risks. Don’t be in a hurry to learn & earn though!