Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

how much time we should spend in demo before going to live trading

Levie

Hm this is actually a bit complex since not everyone which post after me will agree but according to me a trader should spend more than 6 months and trade intensively in demo account before they switch to real account, because you need experience and a good place to gain experience without need to lose your money is demo account. But if you willing to risk your money for experience then you can just jump into real account.

Hm this is actually a bit complex since not everyone which post after me will agree but according to me a trader should spend more than 6 months and trade intensively in demo account before they switch to real account, because you need experience and a good place to gain experience without need to lose your money is demo account. But if you willing to risk your money for experience then you can just jump into real account.

I see between 3-6 months first people will gain rapid understanding about forex, so i agree with you but there are few traders who need to trade more than 6 months like 1 year maybe or less a bit than that so they are confident enough. But my own indicator is you must make at least 80% consecutive profit every trading.

But i think for me, it takes maybe a year for you to be really well on trading. specially new trader, they need to make sure that they really practice a lot on demo account before they go live. Forex trading is a risky business, anything may happen during trading, you just have to be prepare for it. 

That is okay then, i mean more than 6 months is preferrable in many cases so a year better. But in that year you must keep trading, i suggest at least 4 times trading in a month, so the total would be 12 *4 = 48 times of trading in one year. I see trade at least once in a week would provide us better experience but as long as you willing to learn.

I think  practice in demo account will good if at least practice on six month, because so many trader get fail and can't mantain account more than six month, but maybe not all beginner willingly to spent practice in demo more than six month, because they lazy and have desired to making quick profit in real account, forex is not easy and rush in trading will often causing loss

You say nice that at least 6 months demo trading is needed for practice in trading . Just 1 or 2 months are not enough it will not give you good experience of trading . After 6 months too you have to be careful in live trading. You may not same performance in real trading as you were doing in demo due to many reasons.

Or maybe, as long as you know to yourself that you still need to practice, then go. it is much better to be fully prepared before using real account. I think more practice can lead you to better trading, because you can think of effective plans that you can use to profitable trading. but make sure that you manage your funds so you won't have difficulties when you trade.

That is why we must spend time in demo account for the sake of safety, if you lose easily in real account tht would be disaster not just for you but to your honest broker who lend you money. Praciticing in demo account after long period is boring because no profit just virtual one, but to be honest you may get million experience.

• 1 month later...

Traders have to spend according to their skill and talent actually before going to the live trading because not all traders capability is the same and for that traders have to judge their trading experience that how much they prepared themselves for the real account trading .

Traders have to spend according to their skill and talent actually before going to the live trading because not all traders capability is the same and for that traders have to judge their trading experience that how much they prepared themselves for the real account trading .

Totally agree with the one you posted here. Talent is playing important part here where trader should focus on. Not all have the same capabilities to turn foreign exchange trading into their own "backyard", but mostly traders usually spend round 7-8 months or even up to 15 months to trade in real account.

That is why we must spend time in demo account for the sake of safety, if you lose easily in real account tht would be disaster not just for you but to your honest broker who lend you money. Praciticing in demo account after long period is boring because no profit just virtual one, but to be honest you may get million experience.

Demo account using virtual money, but this is very important for early preparation, so many trader beginner get fail becuse also one reason thet not prepared seriously in demo account, many trader might can't maintain account more than six month and practice in demo at least six month will bettar to know how performace during practice on tehse period of time

Traders if they can experiment the impact of new trading strategies in demo accounts before the implementation in real accounts can know the pros and cons of such strategies and indicators so that they can utilize those properly in the real trading field to get the best result. 

P:ractice in demo account is best place to learn in real market but with free of risk, any trader they can use demo account and learn seriously at least six month in my opinion because so many trader can't maintain account more than six month and get margin call less than six moth, but will good in demo start also with small capital  equivalent that will inversted later in real account

In max cases its seen that traders fail to trade with a proper money management and for that they face margin calls pretty early ,for that demo practice is a must for all traders so that they can have a clear ideas about this factor and can trade with strong analysis with more accuracy .

@radex78: Hm, 6 months, right? I've been heard that same advice by lot of traders out there. Dunno if that is right but most of the testimony they spend around that much and already start to earn some bucks. Some people actually prefer longer period like one year or even 2 years but overall it is about are you ready to trade or not.

@radex78: Hm, 6 months, right? I've been heard that same advice by lot of traders out there. Dunno if that is right but most of the testimony they spend around that much and already start to earn some bucks. Some people actually prefer longer period like one year or even 2 years but overall it is about are you ready to trade or not.

Yes indeed will better spent time on demo more than a years, I see certain trader also prepared in demo more than two years because he said    don't want get fail in real and practice i demo if not yet having profitable system and skill hence will stay in demo before investing real money

Actually you shouldn’t have fixed time, I mean everyone is different, if you take the look around the world, you will realize there are many traders who actually learn trading in very short time, but there are many who have taken long time, so everyone has their own time for learning.

We should spend time in the demo account but not our entire life in there I think 4-6months is ok when spending this amount of time we will be able to know what to do and the understand what to trade and how to trade this is the only sure way of making good money through forex as there is no other alternative

Everybody in this thread keep saying 4-6months that is never the right thing for me I will say that as a forex trader you keep learning till you start seing profit in your trade and become more successful.

Yes that is true you just need to try and abide by the rule of such trading system which will help you have the best

@tray22, 4-6 you need to know that all traders level of knowledge and understanding are not the same this do varies from traders to traders as well so it is not adviceable to do that what I think is that traders need to keep learning till they start seen positive result in their live account.

''thou this thread exist somewhere''

• 1 month later...

4-6? Please hansonudo2 make it clear what you mean by that, is that 2-4 weeks, 2-4 months or 2-4 years? To be exact this kind of answer is easier to know. Actually, there are only a matter of personal choice, there are some who feel that only 2-4 months is still too early, some are saying that age is worthy to be able to trade in a real account  especially when trained quite extensively.

Might will better as trader practice in demo until they sure with their own ability, which as trader need learn seriously how to trade and manage money in uncertainty market condition and might will good if any trader spent time in demo using capital equivalent with money that will invested in real account later

@radex78 Sure that is what we should do now and not less than that. Spending what you can afford even that is your time, this is investment in fact. Spend around 5-6 hours to trade in demo account every once or everyday in a week would give you much insight how to deal with forex loss or even to control yourself when you make profit, this is very important before you can start to earn money as forex trader.