Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How much capital that you used in trading?

• 4 weeks later...

For new comers, I feel anything under 100 USD is okay and right amount to kick off with, but if we have experience and knowledge then we should invest 250-300 USD which I feel is really decent amount to go with, but of course all these things are necessary to be done wisely in order to get correct results and massive factor is selection of right broker like I have done with OctaFX which provides me giant bonus up to 50% on deposit.

I couldn't agree more with it as some broker even offer minimum deposit for below 100USD so novice traders won't hurt much when use this much. Not to mention there are other aspect such as your skills, strategies and risk management that helpful to decide how much money.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two points we need to consider, first how much profit we want and how much risk we want to take, too less capital will force you to take big risks as without them you shall not be able to earn significant income, so you should have such lowest capital that make you good profits without big risks. 

• 1 month later...

I hate brokers with having huge minimum to starting, as that never makes me feel happy because the risk is simply too high then and with one bad day, it might out us out of trading completely, so that’s why I fancy brokers like OctaFX which is very high on quality and reputation yet the minimum they offer is the lowest as it gets since it is just 5 dollars and surely that’s something all can afford easily. I love to do scalping with them given that I could start with low investment and there is no fear of losing it while if I win, it will be 2-3 times to the initial capital which honestly is all we can look for.

• 2 weeks later...

There's no really specified or particular trading capital we are going to invest or will accumulate. There's no connection that our investments will always be having our profits depend also. That should be in our management of our capital and how we accept the risk in trading. If we want higher profits we need to consider both the capital and the risk we are dealing. 

for trading capital depends on the individual trader. if it has a good skill so it is better to try to trade using large capital but if you're new to forex trading then it would be better to use a small capital so that the risks to be faced in accordance with our capabilities

I am currently using around 1k capital with Vinson Financials Company, as they are one of the top rated brokers in the industry and I always feel safe and secure investing with them, it is really cool for me to do trading with them since I always end up in decent profits. Also, their conditions are pretty cool and straight forward which includes having stable spreads fixed 1 pips or flexible been just 0.7 pips, I don’t worry about either of them and makes me feel comfortable.

Start from $100 to now, forex trading is a fair place to increase your money, the only limitation is your knowledge, ability and skills.

If you want real earning i recommend $2500. The ratio to hold more losses is bigger especially if you only use up to 0.1 lot or you usually use 0.01 lot size. The more is better but i think that is as good or better start for traders, you can see significant earn if you earn well rather than lower than that also that much could hold a lot of losses before you collapsed.

Actually capital suitable for trading  is $ 100. Because so then we will have a capital good resilience. Forex is a business that has a high risk, so we need to be careful when choosing a capital for trading. The greater the capital to trade, the greater the risk

Gaban, you are right 100 USD is nice amount to work from, but if we are entirely new then we should not start with real investment instead we should use demo account. I used demo contest option provided by OctaFX broker. They at present have 3 of the best demo contest in Champion, cTrader and Southampton Supreme, it’s all very unique to each other with having superb prizes as well, so pretty good to participate on there regularly, as this not only give us opportunity to win prize (money) but also give us ample practice and opportunity to understand how real market works without any fear of losing real money and then once we feel we are ready, we can start off with 100 USD which is fair amount.

convenient for trading capital is capital that according to psychology and our capabilities so that we can manage capital well. for that we need to be able to measure the extent of our ability so that it will provide profit and we can trade with the right capital

Kim, I think that is wise thing to do, but still 3-4 brokers are bit too much for my liking. I am working with one broker from last 3 years, I do have multiple accounts with OctaFX broker, I feel pretty comfortable given I get all my payments instantly, so that really helps me work well knowing I will get all my payments instantly. I still won’t say your idea is entirely wrong or bad, but at times it is too hectic to concentrate on that many brokers especially in early stage of our career, if we get settled than what you said is right and we should try to work on various brokers, but at present I am really satisfied with OctaFX broker.

So how much money you have there @kim? We are talking about the size of money we should have in our account for the sake of make bigger profit or at least to survive some worst cases that could happen to our life. Also i want to say it seems that each trader has their own, since for me $250 at least is the best number.

I mostly prefer using 500 to 1000 USD on my long term account but when I am doing scalping, I usually prefer to go with 100-150 USD, I believe this is the best way to work out, it is way too risky to invest more when doing scalping. I still get great support with OctaFX broker through their low spreads which is just 0.2 pips for all major pairs while there is also smooth trading platform like cTrader, it is also very handy given there is no trouble over re-quotes, delay or slippage which really is something that makes me feel pretty comfortable and allows me to get profits easily, therefore I really prefer to invest so much with them and gets be great profits.

$500 isn't bad. $1000 also not worse than $500, as long as you have big enough bucks and don't use much lot size you will find your total investment is enough. I think the one who invest too low is too risky since they must make it equal by use high leverage. Just look at broker who offer small deposit limit, they will have 1:1000 or even more.