Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Payza-payza.com

AlertPay accounts can be hacked and many times heard that hackers use stolen accounts to venture with hyip programs or exchanging programs etc,

AP should provide any better security options to prevent these kind of fraudulent manipulations,

until then some category of clients keep on having negative thoughts to use AP.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@archu

Oh really? I didn't know about that, thanks for your informations. Could you tell me what kind of strategy which is used by hackers usually to steal our account?

If in LR, hacker usually used phishing e-mail or sometimes it used spyware software.

AlertPay accounts can be hacked and many times heard that hackers use stolen accounts to venture with hyip programs or exchanging programs etc,

AP should provide any better security options to prevent these kind of fraudulent manipulations,

until then some category of clients keep on having negative thoughts to use AP.

Any account can be hacked especially if account in different payment processors. Even though these processors have a high security,

a lot of users now are experts in hacking, even softwares. Like in Liberty REserve, they have Liberty Guard, but still

there are a lot of phishing attacks circulating in LR's members. I don't think that there's really a way to solve this hacking conflict.

Strong passwords aren't that enough too. Just be wise when to withdraw your funds so that if ever you get hacked, nothing will be taken away in your account.

latest news updates on AP site that they are just few 'likes' to hit their goal of the 10,000 likes !

We're trying to get 10,000 Facebook "likes" and we need your help! Spread the word about AlertPay and help us get to 10,000 fans. The day we hit our goal of 10,000 likes we'll give away five $50.00 AlertPay PrePaid Cards. "Like" us and you'll get a chance of winning a fully loaded AlertPay PrePaid Card!

We're exactly 394 "likes" away from our goal! Spread the word about AlertPay and let's see if we can get 10,000 fans by Monday!

Have a great weekend everyone :D

latest news updates on AP site that they are just few 'likes' to hit their goal of the 10,000 likes !

It's somehow a good news to all of us 'cause they will be giving five $50 Alertpay prepaid cards. But even though

I don't have any idea about this kind of card, for sure it will just be available for members residing in States and Canada, what do you think?

I don't think that they will give those promos to other countries. Not sure though, I'm just having this kind of thought.

Anyway, what's the link of AP's fan page? I will join their page to help them out with this one.

there has been no update since that on 1st April regarding their 10,000 'likes' goal,

I am sure AP will update that definitely once they reach the goal,

I think they yet have to reach that 10,000 and if people know this news they will definitely complete that 394 likes needed.

i just realized AlertPay have the affiliate system lol..i know this one from PTC-Investigation..we can got $10 for each our referral..but the rules is hard..the referral must open the bussiness account and then must have the record transaction at least $250 lol..

latest update from AP warning that there have been some cheaters around that can try to contact us via facebook, we should just ignore these messages from scammers.

An important note for all of our members:

If someone contacts you by direct message or Facebook chat claiming to be the AlertPay "Facebook Assistant" or asking you to participate in a new AlertPay contest, please ignore the message/user. This Facebook member is NOT affiliated with AlertPay and his website is not associated with www.al...

latest update from Alertpay to prevent scam,

follow the instructions in this update as on 8th April,

and save your accounts from scamming people around !

Friday, April 8, 2011

Phishing alert: Recognizing the latest scam involving AlertPay's name

Some of you may have heard about a scam taking place through Facebook regarding our payment platform's name. Someone out there has been posting messages on people's Facebook walls telling them about AlertPay's "Own0" contest. The message directs readers to a website that looks just like our login page, but it actually IS NOT in any way affiliated with the real AlertPay.com.

How can you tell if it is not indeed our own website? Well, it's actually quite simple. Our URL is "AlertPay.com", not "AlertPay.own0.com". So if you come across a URL that reads like the latter, DO NOT enter your login credentials as this will compromise your security and the confidentiality of your personal information. Here is what it looks like on Facebook:

It's really quite a clever scam in that the con artist is actually referring to the contest as "Own0" -- the extension at the end of the fake AlertPay URL (what appears after "alertpay"). This subtle move is just enough to convince people that the URL is legitimate when, again, it is NOT.

It's also important to note that the alleged "AlertPay Facebook assistant's" post is not well-written. Although we are far from the best writers in the world (there can only be one Hemingway), but we do pay much attention to spelling, format and grammar.

How it works

If you click on this link, it will whisk you away to a FAKE AlertPay login page and you will be prompted to enter your login credentials. It will appear that the page is reloading and will actually redirect you back to the original login page. Why the reloading? Probably to confuse you. After entering your credentials and clicking on the login button, the scammer is actually recording the information you entered into the "Email" and "Password" fields. Once they capture those details, they can come straight to our website and gain access to your account to do what they please. You do not want this, so do not click on the link. If it does not say "AlertPay.com" or "AlertPay.com/[name of one of our sub-pages], avoid clicking on it at all costs.

Furthermore, our Security team is highly skilled in the art of busting people like this, but this is no excuse to be complacent. Your knowledge of these things is ultimately your responsibility so please do a little homework on the types of scams that can (and do) take place regularly in the online world.

We are not trying to scare you all, but we believe we need to be blunt and just a little frightening to communicate the gravity of these types of scams.

For more information on phishing and how to safeguard yourself against malicious individuals concerned only with personal gain, please visit our Security page.

Thanks for reading and take care!

Thanks for this great info. Now members are aware of the scams happening in AP. This info that you have posted is very useful to all Alertpay users because they will now know how to prevent such scams and to save their accounts against unintentional fund loss.

latest update from AP warning that there have been some cheaters around that can try to contact us via facebook, we should just ignore these messages from scammers.

well we should really be careful when getting these e-mails. i dont get one from AP and LR but i get some from PAypal fakers. its essential to review the whole page first before doing any actions. i usually trash the mails the moment i see them.

I agree. I usually received emails coming from LR admin but i am not going to entertain such emails even if it is legit. I haven't received any emails coming from AP but if I will receive any of those, same manner, I will delete it and will not even try to read it because I always consider emails from payment processors as not valid.

it is the best bank online i saw ever because of the security there beside you received e-mails for any thing happened to your account like personal settings have been changed or others but in LR you get many hackers e-mails only , but after the bad thing happened to LR , we got message from it if the IP which logging into the account has changed.

• 2 weeks later...

We can't compare one payment processor over another. There are lots of investment sites who prefer AlertPay and LR. If there would be two options to choose from and AP and LR will be there, I'll choose AP to invest on the site. AlertPay provides transaction dispute facility, we can filed disputes within 30 days from the transaction date. Recently, AlertPay becomes very popular among investors who do investment on HYIP, PTC and other programs. Because we can get full refund if we complain about anything related to our investment money.

latest update from AP blog as on 25th April, regarding safety measures to be taken while browsing the internet, thus safeguard the AP account as well !

Monday, April 25, 2011

Guest blog: Browsing the Internet Safely and Securely

***This is a post by our new guest blogger, Britney Baker***

safe%2Bbrowsing.jpg

Understanding how to safely browse the internet is one of the most important lessons any computer user can learn. Anti-virus software alone isn’t enough to protect a computer from threats online, and these are threats that can easily compromise bank information and other important credentials, as well as cause irreversible damage to any given system. The internet is a breeding ground for the latest variants of worms, Trojans and other malware that seek to compromise user security and damage system functionality.

Fortunately, there are many ways to protect a computer from malicious software infections, even before anti-virus software needs to be deployed. It starts in the browser, targeting harmful code that executes itself from a web page.

Follow these simple instructions to set up and use a secure browser:

1. It is important to use Mozilla Firefox as a primary browser as it has been proven by software testers and internet security professionals to provide users with the safest online experience. Users should make sure they’re always updated to the latest version of Firefox as the company’s updates provide critical fixes for security issues and other errors. To download the latest version of Firefox, visit Mozilla’s official website.

2. Once you’ve downloaded the latest version of the browser software, it’s time to set up some basic settings to make Firefox more secure. Go into the "Tools" menu in Firefox and click "Options". This will take you to a menu with several different options. Select the padlock labeled "Security" at the top of the screen. Make sure that "Warn me when sites try to install add-ons", "Block reported attack sites" and "Block reported web forgeries" are checked. You can come back later to add exceptions to the security menu if Firefox blocks a legitimate website.

3. Navigate to the Firefox community add-ons website and perform a search for NoScript. NoScript is an important add-on because it automatically blocks the execution of all scripts and a number of other browser items to prevent infection. Users can easily disable aspects of NoScript’s protection for trusted websites through the NoScript button on the bottom right of the browser window; specifically, users can choose exactly which scripts to run on a page.

4. In addition to NoScript, perform a search for Adblock. Adblock automatically blocks pop-up ads, banner ads and ad services on websites. Internet ads can often contain links to malicious websites or code, or can interrupt the browsing experience by requiring a user to take a survey before entering a certain website. This is just another script to enhance browser safety, although it should be disabled for trusted websites since most websites with free registration make the majority of their profit from ad impressions and ad clicks allowing them to stay open and free without charging their visitors a membership fee.

5. The final add-on for essential browser security is Flashblock. It can easily be downloaded from the Firefox website. The add-on blocks websites that haven’t been added to an exceptions list from displaying Flash (.swf) files which can contain malicious code and infect a user’s computer. If a user wants to run a Flash file, they can click on the Flash file placeholder on the web page and display the file.

It's important to note that although these add-ons provide a more secure browsing experience, they will frequently break web pages that rely on Javascript or Flash in order to be displayed properly. In this case, the user can disable them on individual websites, but should be careful to do this only for sites they trust.

Britney Baker is a freelance blogger who normally ranks prepaid phones for PrepaidCellphones.net. Her latest review covered the Tracphone.

Image: Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

it's true use the alertpay has its own advantages over other payment processors and even e-currencies . although we may be using other payment processor or e currencies already, we Would stil have some use or lots of use for alertpay .

I use AP for the purpose of investing to other online investments. Most of the good programs are accepting AP and that's why I needed it to fund to other online sites. It's very convenient when transacting using this payment processor.

AlertPay is one of good payment processor and I found some sites tried to use AlertPay as their payment processors. Some of those websites are PTP, HYIP, and some online stores.

But I don't quite like to use this e-currency because its high amount of fees.

AlertPay is one of good payment processor and I found some sites tried to use AlertPay as their payment processors. Some of those websites are PTP, HYIP, and some online stores.

But I don't quite like to use this e-currency because its high amount of fees.

If you don't want to have fees then you can just be a personal starter. Only upgraded AP account do have fees in here aside from withdrawing your earnings through your local approved bank. I haven't tried using this to shop online because it's not like popular in online shopping like PP.

latest update from AP blog, some useful tips using AP, a secure platform, as on 3rd May, 2011 !

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The pros and cons of working and making money online

The internet is a vast universe in which anyone can do or find just about anything. Some people even think it can tap into the collective unconscious of humanity and predict the future, but that's just a highly imaginative theory. It's an awesome human invention that connects people and ideas the world over. It has also created new ways to earn a living. Because of this, lots of people opt to work from the comfort of their living room without being confined to a cubicle or being exposed to petty office politics.

But it's not as easy as it sounds. There are many pros of working online, but there are also cons, and if you are interested in pursuing an online career, you need to be doubly aware of the drawbacks.

Pros

- You can work in your pajamas. No stuffy business suits and squeaky shoes.

- No bosses or micro-managers. Although you may be contracted by someone in some cases, you are still very much your own boss.

- It's a good way to supplement an existing income. Holding down a second job is hard enough, so why not make it easier by finding jobs that allow you to work from home?

- Very low start-up costs. Depending on what you plan on doing online and what you aim to sell (products or services), your costs can be minimal.

Cons

- Not a lot of variety in easy money-making ventures. If you want to get rich quick, you are in for a disappointment. Sure, you can get paid to view advertisements and do surveys, but these jobs do not pay as much as you would think.

- Freelancing is not easy work. If you have an aptitude for writing or consulting or whatever else, you better have the necessary survival skills (see below).

- You can lose more money than you make. If a money-making opportunity is asking you to pay to work for them, you risk losing that money if you do not read their "Terms and Conditions" carefully or if you do not do your research. Also, be weary of how some businesses use the word "investment". A lot of the time, it's not an investment; it's just a way to lose money without really trying.

- You might not make enough money to replace a full-time salary in a more conventional job. If you think you can make a living doing online surveys, think again. However, freelancers can make a decent living if they know what they are doing.

Now that you know about the pros and cons of working and making money online, let's discuss the type of skills you must possess if you really want to be successful (by this, I do not mean Oprah-rich, I mean you're paying your bills, living relatively comfortably and not struggling to survive).

- You are good with deadlines. If you are freelancing, you may want to be punctual since no one is micro-managing your every move. It's your responsibility to get your work done on time.

- Superb attention to detail. If you are a freelance writer or designer, you want to be really good at catching errors and inconsistencies not just because you are doing your own quality control, but because it will help you build a positive reputation.

- Money management skills. You can hire people to do this for you when you're rolling in dough, but until then your money is your responsibility. Learn how to keep a budget and stick to it. You should also have a good track record for saving money. You never know when the rope is going to snap and you'll need that proverbial safety net.

- Excellent communication skills and assertion. If you're easily pushed around and can't name your price with confidence, you may not make it. I hate to say it, but it's true. Learn how to ask for what you want and for what the person paying you wants. You should also be a decent writer since email is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to communicate with people far and away.

- Passion and ambition. Your job is your baby. You need to love what you're doing in order to stay motivated and keep on keeping on. There may also be a lot of competition out there, so you will have to stand out. Passion and credibility can help you do just that.

Why are these skills important?

They are important because you are the only one in charge of your own success whether you are a freelancer or entrepreneur or getting paid to click on and view advertisements. The more work and dedication you put forth, hopefully the higher your returns.

But remember that the only guarantee is that there is no guarantee. When you opt for a life of freelancing or making money online, this is the rule rather than the exception. However, if you possess the aforementioned skills, you may have a shot at a decent living. Don't expect to become the next Bill Gates, but you might do all right.

Now, what can AlertPay do for you?

As an online wallet of sorts, you can arrange to get paid for your work through our easy-to-use and fully secure platform. Your contractor only needs to quickly set up a free account with us to send you instant payments by credit card or e-wallet. It's free for them to pay you, and it's even free for you to receive money with our introductory Personal Starter account (receive up to $400 a month without paying our competitive receiving fees). If you already have an account, take advantage of it! If you do not, sign up for your free account and collect payments with ease and safety.

I think this payments processor is popular because it allows us to invest in hyip with AP. and because of the dispute future on this payment processor .

Well. This is really a good thing if we use AP to invest to other sites because we are safe with the dispute system in AP. Any bad thing that will happened in the site we do have a protection by using such dispute.

AlertPay team wishes us all a Happy Mother's day ! latest update from AP blog as on 6th May, 2011 !

Friday, May 6, 2011

Send your Mama a gift for Mother's Day!

What is a "mother"? She's more than just the person who brought you into this world; she's the person who holds your hand, wipes away your tears, cooks your favourite meal, nags you about your hair, job or the way you wear your pants. She is the number one person you can count on in life.

It's only appropriate that many countries around the world recognize a special day in her honour. In Canada, we celebrate Mother's Day the second Sunday in May. We usually give her flowers, take her out for lunch or dinner and give her gifts (my Mom especially likes perfume and has dropped many hints over the last few weeks).

Almost every country has their own Mother's Day tradition. Here are a few examples:

In Afghanistan, Mother's Day is celebrated in June. In Brazil, it's an unofficial holiday celebrated on the same day as in Canada. India and Pakistan also celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May. In China, carnations are the most popular flower to give mothers, and the day was adopted to help poor mothers in rural areas. In Greece, Mother's Day falls on the Eastern Orthodox feast day of the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple on February 2. The Thais celebrate Mother's Day on the birthday of the Queen of Thailand, Queen Sirikit, on August 12. Americans celebrate it on the same day as Canadians, and the Brits celebrate it on the fourth Sunday of Lent (April 3 this year) and call it "Mothering Sunday".

Regardless of the differences in the way various cultures celebrate Mother's Day, they all have one thing in common: they recognize that mothers are people of great value not only because of the life they give, but because of their unconditional love and devotion to their children. Yay for Moms!

If you are celebrating Mother's Day this Sunday and are unfortunately far away from this most wonderful of people, why not send her a gift through AlertPay? It's easy, instant and 100% secure. If it's too late to send flowers, chocolates or perfume, sending a little money is a nice gesture so she can buy whatever she wants.

To all you mothers out there, Happy Mother's Day from the AlertPay Team!

Source:

Wikipedia

another fast update from AP on 9th May, 2011 regarding annual meeting between 10 to 12 of May !

Monday, May 9, 2011

AlertPay is attending the Electronic Transactions Association's annual meeting and expo

Between May 10-12, AlertPay will be attending the annual meeting and expo of the Electronic Transactions Association (ETA) held in San Diego, California. The ETA is an international association representing companies like AlertPay that offer electronic transaction processing products and services. The ETA helps set industry-standard best practices through education, advocacy and the exchange of information. AlertPay has recently become a member and is looking forward to attending this year's event.

Since our main product revolves around electronic payments, a few lucky AlertPay representatives and key leaders have been selected to represent our interests at this year's meeting and expo. This will give us the opportunity to learn about new trends and developments in the electronic payments field, and meet many of our partners and service providers face-to-face. We also have the opportunity to meet new people and develop even more partnerships so we can continue delivering our products and services to you, our members - existing and prospective.

This expo is considered the "most diverse and comprehensive" in the payment industry so we intend to return to Montreal with an arsenal of new information, expertise and stronger relationships with our business partners who make our product possible.

Not only will there be a Golf Tournament to kick off the two day conference, but there will also be a discussion featuring Apple Computer Inc.'s Steve Wozniak on entrepreneurship, technology and their impact on electronic payments. There will be workshops and talks on government regulation of debit cards, PCI compliance, fraud, security, e-commerce, global updates on the EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) chip and much more. There will even be a "Party on the Harbour" to reconnect with colleagues with the San Diego sunset as a backdrop. Not too shabby!

But all of this fun and excitement will serve the very important purpose of strengthening our business relationships and learning as much as we can about major trends and changes in the industry so we can confidently move towards a productive and fruitful future.

For more information on the meeting, check out the Electronic Transactions Association's website.