Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

So there is a big difference between the demo and real accounts. Well closing the position in demo account is not that fast compare to real account that when we are already profit we will close it. This is really good but not giving much profit. :D

I don't think there is any technical difference between the two types of account as the activities which can be performed in Demo account can also be performed in Real account. The only reason why our account performance is better in demo accounts is due to the fact that we are not afraid to hold a position in either big losses or profits while trading with virtual money unlike real account.

I don't think there is any technical difference between the two types of account as the activities which can be performed in Demo account can also be performed in Real account. The only reason why our account performance is better in demo accounts is due to the fact that we are not afraid to hold a position in either big losses or profits while trading with virtual money unlike real account.

So in demo accounts we are very confident and we are very patient in waiting to have big profit. While in real account we are quite so afraid and even close the position immediately. I dont know if demo will give us good performance if we are in the real trading. :D

So in demo accounts we are very confident and we are very patient in waiting to have big profit. While in real account we are quite so afraid and even close the position immediately. I dont know if demo will give us good performance if we are in the real trading. :D

Yes the mind set does change if we trade for real money. We become a bit more cautios with our trades and do get excited looking at the small profits and book it. However by doing this, we are missing the chace to grab something big which we could have done is demo account.

• 1 month later...

Just the timing in transaction completion which differs between demo and real accounts, traders try to find some arguments to say that they win very well in demo, then begin to lose or margin their accounts when they shift to live, although they are working with the same plan and using the same strategy, i think this is not true, it is all about the emotions effects.

Its true its all about emotions and pressure. If you dong demo. You don't feel pressure. If you loss you just going to laugh and open another account no hard done. But if you use real money. If you loss then its a loss and you need to invest again in order to trade. And if you loss money theirs no reset features that will automatically give you another funds to trade unlike in demo account.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so i guess i need to learn how to change or control my emotion in real forex trading as it is really affect my trading strategy. Well i think we also set our mind of not afraid to loss in trading. :D

Tips: or what I do. Before I trade I already put the stop loss price. for example. 1 dollar. Now if you going to loss 1 dollar is it okay with you? Then you going to put stop loss in one dollar. How you going to do that? Its about your Lot and your margin. Do some little computation. Actually if you trade few times with the same pair and take note. You will realize that if you loss 70 pips you will going to loss this much if you have this lots at this margin. trial and error does help also. Focus more in your strategy and not on your earnings or losing.

Yup. Thats a great tip indeed. I have started already to use stop loss and take profit. In addition i already stick and slowly analyzing the strategy i am using since the movement will be slow or fast sometimes. Well that is right that i have doing trial and errors to make it comfortable and figure it out to learn from the mistakes.

Yup. Thats a great tip indeed. I have started already to use stop loss and take profit. In addition i already stick and slowly analyzing the strategy i am using since the movement will be slow or fast sometimes. Well that is right that i have doing trial and errors to make it comfortable and figure it out to learn from the mistakes.

Yeah we learn of our mistakes, and we canimprove a lot by trials and errors and for doing these trial and errors/experiments demo account is best as we try whatever strategy we like without any risk.

And also to familiarize the interface of the forex trading platforms. I just noticed that in different brokers they have different interfaces which at first have different locations and different icons but those are same functions. Well that is indeed what we learned in using demo accounts.

• 3 weeks later...

That's true. Also not only the features but also the settings. If you see leverage 1:100 does it mean you will have the same result as other broker if we put 1:100 leverage? The answer is no. Simply because theirs also what we called Lot and margin call percentage. Theirs still many factors. The best why to check is to use forex calculator.

And also to familiarize the interface of the forex trading platforms. I just noticed that in different brokers they have different interfaces which at first have different locations and different icons but those are same functions. Well that is indeed what we learned in using demo accounts.

Yes, those are the advantages of forex. to be comfortable with trading and the trading platforms themselves and to really understand all the forex principles and put them into practice. The only thing missing in a demo is all the emotions because this is not your money and you will feel not much qualms if you loss it although you will still feel bad because loss in whatever form is never palatable.

Yes, those are the advantages of forex. to be comfortable with trading and the trading platforms themselves and to really understand all the forex principles and put them into practice. The only thing missing in a demo is all the emotions because this is not your money and you will feel not much qualms if you loss it although you will still feel bad because loss in whatever form is never palatable.

Yeah, I agree totally. This is one of the major disadvantage of a demo account. I experienced this first-hand. I was trading demo and there was no emotion at all. It does not matter if I win or lose. Its a lot different when you are into real trading. It can get very frustrating.

Just the timing in transaction completion which differs between demo and real accounts, traders try to find some arguments to say that they win very well in demo, then begin to lose or margin their accounts when they shift to live, although they are working with the same plan and using the same strategy, i think this is not true, it is all about the emotions effects.

i agree especially because controlling the emotions is the most important key after adequate knowledge to successful forex trading. Another reason why i feel demo accounts perform better is because people has high amount to trade with in their demo account compared with the real account. It will be easier to risk more amount and enter some markets that are very wide.

Its better because first in demo you have a big funds to use while in real account you have few funds. Second. If you trade demo you don't feel any emotional stress for you its a game a challenge that why you become successful. In real account you are afraid to loss money and you become defensive and in the end you loss money.

absolutely right and that's what I experienced when I first tried forex, when I use a demo account there is no little emotion here and want to lose no matter what I do not feel the loss but the results are the benefits I get. when I've dared to try to use a real account, emotions suddenly appeared and I could not control myself and I have experienced losses that nearly caused me to go bankrupt fortunately I decided to compose myself to sleep :)

Well we can use demo accounts to have good application of different strategies. However, not all will work when we do it in real trading already. We need to find which of those will be both suitable or working in demo and real trading. Still emotions have a big impact of differences in trading.

And we are not afraid to try out many strategies when we are trading via a demo trading account. And this might lead to many winnings. You cannot do this using real money because you would not like to risk it.

That's true. In fact I have one demo account that has an active trade for a month now. But I don't care to close it even if theirs a negative simply because my funds is just too high in demo that I'm sure I will not going to get MC. Second in demo I don't see that I got charge with swap. Unlike if your trading real account you got swap deductions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's true. also in demo account we have thousand of dollars so our margin can handle the volatility. But when we trade real account I think most of use only invested in hundreds and not in thousands so that becomes our limitations. Secondly I also notice that in demo account theirs some features that is linient than in real account. For example in demo you can go negative and still its hold. In real account you get MC automatically.