Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How many lot size that you use in trading?

• 2 months later...

Same here it depends on my funds or trading capital. If I have bigger capital then I will try to have .05 or 1 lot size if not then just stick to have here 0.01 lot size or whichever the minimum lot size. It's important to know how these lot sizes work because ones we got mistake here then we might suffer big losses.

Yes you are right if a trader is newbie its much more adviceable for them to go for small lot size because this will enable them to go into the market with minimal risk and make all that they can make into the market with small risk and comeout with good profit instead of lossing the little that they had.

Its always good to have the minimum lot size. But many traders will depend their lot size or volume to their deposits or trading capital. Since, it will affect our profits or loss since the smaller lot size we have the smaller risks. So its usual for new traders to use lot of 0.01 and some have tried to have 1 lot size when they have good trading capital.

The lot size that i trade varies and it depends on the amount of my trading capital. I switch between micro 0.01 and 0.02 depending on the amount i want to trade with. Whenever i'm trading with $50-70, i use micro 0.01 while i use 0.02 for $100 which is the maximum capital i've traded with in my trading career

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are asking for a particular order, then i am using according to my money management plan. If you are asking totally, then i may used 100 market lot size. I invested huge and huge funds and learned many things by my own loses.

Can you share your account? 100 lot size is just in my dream. If you are trading 100 lot size and your using money management then how much is your capital? 500 thousand dollars? Right now I only have 300 dollars in my account. lols. And my dream is only to have 10 thousand dollars capital. But just imagine having to trade 100 lot size means you really have big capital. Hope you share your account to inspire more to trade.

If you are asking for a particular order, then i am using according to my money management plan. If you are asking totally, then i may used 100 market lot size. I invested huge and huge funds and learned many things by my own loses.

I think that you learned many things in forex. And we hope you share more. But you opened trading account wih how many money is.I think you dare use 100 lot size you must have be very rich.

I do not have any fix lot sizes to trade as I check out the sentiments and the probability of my position to being a winning one. If I find that my position can have maximum chances of ending up on positive site, I take as much as 10 cents per pip worth positions or usually take a position worth 2-3 cents per pip. It all depends upon the sentiments of the market.

• 1 month later...

true once the capital of $ 100 if we use a lot size of 0.05, then we will form a very strong capital resilience at all although we do trade the long term it will certainly remain secure our account of the loss but the advantage we get is not too great though so we will we can improve our lot size if we have the additional capital from the profits we get

• Downvote 20

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It depends on what conditions I have been given and what my main mood is to do. If I am given a violate condition then I would use low lot size but with scalping I might use higher one. I am trading with OctaFX broker so they allow me to use any technique which includes scalping, news trading and hedging so I can easily trade with higher lot due to such freedom and whatever profits I make can be withdrawn instantly.

I do trade with 1 pip 10 cents value. So if I earn 10 pips that is about 1 dollar profit already. I think I will just going to hold in this kind of arrangement. Its does not matter if I trade in mini or in lite or in micro or in cent account. I just adjust my lot size so that the value of my pip will be 1 pip 10 cents.

0.01 -0.05 lots. Depend on the condition and also according to my confidence about the news that i am following, if i want to take more risk usually i prefer 0.01 lot but when the condition for example CPI with clear trends(good or bad result) then i won't hestitate for 0.05 lot size for one position.

I usually use small lot size because i also just use small amount for trading in forex. And i think if we are new in forex, we should use small lot size first.

Of course, we must learn how to minimize the risk in forex, and using small lot size we will be able to minimize the risk in forex. In TenkoFx, i also use small lot size. As a trader, try to more improve our trading skills so we will get more maximal profit in forex.

"Invite your friend, get $10 and win $5,000"