Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Attending Forex Academies?

ahmar

The rise of the forex academies and them touting that it's hard for you to dabble with forex without taking courses (costing thousands of dollars) with them makes me wonder, is it a necessity to take up a course in these academies or you can do your own research (books, articles, forums) and then practising with real life account? Personally, I do not attend any courses in these academies and prefer to self-learn. What do you think?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rise of the forex academies and them touting that it's hard for you to dabble with forex without taking courses (costing thousands of dollars) with them makes me wonder, is it a necessity to take up a course in these academies or you can do your own research (books, articles, forums) and then practising with real life account? Personally, I do not attend any courses in these academies and prefer to self-learn. What do you think?

It depends on ones rate of assimilation. Some might decide to pay and be taught because of fear of failure

Good to know that even professionals also do it. I self learn. I learn't forex without paying a dime. People who teach forex in my area charge very high fees, i always have this belief that you can get anythin you want from the web so i set out to learn it there. I registered wit forex ptp sites and began building up from there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well better check on youtube tutorial videos that way it is somewhat easy and convenient, it's like having a one on one teacher where you can ask the uploader on some clarifications. I don't need to spend money to educate myself in forex, there's a lot of means in the net and it's for free.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

its waste of money if you come to academy and you fail in forex

because many people out there not come to academy and they success in forex

It can be a waste of time and money. But we all have to take risk and attending a basic forex course is not that risky as you will be able to learn things which you can use in your trading.

It can be a waste of time and money. But we all have to take risk and attending a basic forex course is not that risky as you will be able to learn things which you can use in your trading.

for me since so many forum giving you lesson for forex i can learn it from there

and i think so many forex academy is expensive

so we can use the money for deposit in trading account maybe

for me since so many forum giving you lesson for forex i can learn it from there

and i think so many forex academy is expensive

so we can use the money for deposit in trading account maybe

Well, yes, some of the trading course being offered are expensive. For basic understanding, you can check the web for learning materials. But if you are into strategies, it might be better to invest and spend some amount of money and attend a seminar or a training course.

• 4 weeks later...

Its not a waste of time at all. do you know how much bank trader earn? the minimum is 1,200 dollars or about 60,000 pesos. You can't just go in the bank and give your resume and say that you learn how to trade in forex trading and they will going to give you a job right away. Theirs so many exams to pass before you can even see the trading room.

Having the backup of such an academy can be really helpful to your online forex trading career. This is not to mean that you cannot be sucessful in trading online if you have not been to such an academy. It just means that you will have more of an advantage because you had someone to walk you through the process and guide you in ways you may have not been able to do yourself.

i never know if there is academy for forex, as far as i know there are only for IM like wealthyuniversity LOL, but can you give me some link, because as far as i know Forex only need practice and with that things we also can increase our knowldge by read some good post and tips in forex forum

• 2 weeks later...

Are there really forex academies and if there were, what exactly will they be teac hing in those academies that are not found everywhere online. Its really not a bad idea anyway but I think it is not necessary. All a new trader needs is a proper forex introductory course after which the trader can carry on from there.

• 10 months later...

I think Its now easy to learn Forex ourselves with lot of information and free webinars available on the internet. Previously these academies where more necessary when we did not access to large information like it is today.

with internet we can do that all, but can you give some guarantee that learning material will be useful for me, or it is just redundant material that uploaded to internet?, i know few forex academy even not like high school thingy but one of my friend said there are many good materials there, and they also get some tips when it comes to trade in some other situation, and also they sharpend their skills there, with demo account trading

Well, I can say that there are ways to attend seminars or lessons online and yet, we can really say it can be via internet as well. Although, it's better to have our trading and this means that we can have the physical aspects which we can learn better and understand Forex trading. Although, I haven't experience yet these things.

• 1 month later...

i have a seminar in my country, and the price is good enough for a complete seminar, it will held for about 10 days and only for 2 Million IDR. from what i see many people like it and gain profit after practice what that seminar told. Well i think there isn't any problem with following something like that but we need to know is that worthy enough for us or not.

Truly I've seen a lot of individuals and or corporate groups organizing tutorial classes or trainings for would-be (i.e prospective) forex traders. A lot of them, here in my country, are scam as they had never traded live accounts before or rather have not made any success in forex. We must ensure we look for the least expensive means to acquire the necessary knowledge. There are adequate materials to help a starter on the internet. We may not have to pay (I mean money) to know the basics of forex trading. I, for example, this forum and others like it have widen my horizon in forex.

Truly I've seen a lot of individuals and or corporate groups organizing tutorial classes or trainings for would-be (i.e prospective) forex traders. A lot of them, here in my country, are scam as they had never traded live accounts before or rather have not made any success in forex. We must ensure we look for the least expensive means to acquire the necessary knowledge. There are adequate materials to help a starter on the internet. We may not have to pay (I mean money) to know the basics of forex trading. I, for example, this forum and others like it have widen my horizon in forex.

For free knowledge, you can get them in many forums or blog about forex. They share the basic for free and you can learn wihout hestitaion. But for more advanced knowledge and some trick, you cannot get it in that kind of blog, even if they share it will be seldom to happen