Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How many lot size that you use in trading?

I use low lots in trading as 0.03 . I never used more than 0.05 per trade. As much you choose higher lot it uses more money as margin from your trading account. With an average investment this lot size is suitable for  me . I can make reasonable profit with it if my analysis is good.

It is already big enough, you earn 0.5$ for one pips imagine your target just 50 pips. You can get as much as $5. It is quite big only for one position I myself still back to 0.01 lot right now after quite huge loss recently. It is pretty low but i think could minimize the risk while i slowly gain my income back overall just make sure you use lot size which suitable with your capital.

@ronnie: As long as you don't have much problem with it i think being aggressive with use bigger lot size i mean more than 5% of your total risk, but still that is bring much risk to bear and most traders cannot bear it. It requires a lot of things from trader. How many lot size is always dynamic, to me not more than 5% of my total equity since that is my own risk management

I used the minimum lot size or the smallest lot size which is 0.01. Since it is good for me not to lose easily. And can trade for longer time and able to have analysis and try to figure if its time to close the trade if ever have profit. I dont yet tried higher lot size since i still not that fully understand how small lot size will be used in good trading. 

Well i think we have to decide the lot size after reviewing our account capitals because if you dont follow this then may be your account may not be longer. We have to follow the risk and money management must when we are doing trading because we can be secure only by doing trading with these ways.

Myregister, I believe this is down to the capital, I mean i generally look to do that sort of stuff when I am okay even with losing, I believe it is not bad to give these sort of technique a go at least once in a while, but we can’t obviously be doing it regularly especially if we are unsuccessful on majority of the time. I like to use high lot size for 2 reasons, firstly I need to pay spread starting from just 0.1 pips and secondly, I am also using rebate service with OctaFX broker, so that means even if I use 1 lot size, I am recovering 15 dollars upfront and then even if i close at zero level, I still take away 15 dollars home and that’s pretty fair amount.

• 2 months later...

it depends on your capital ( amount deposited ) If you have small amount of money account then you can only using small lot size, but to increase how much lot size you are able to use you need what we called as leverage. It helps leveraging your account and make you able to afford higher lot size but of course with more risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, i agree with you i think that use bigger capital means that it allows us to use bigger lot size, but once again you can use small lot size also with bigger capital, but it is actually riskier for small capital traders to use big lot size, because the chance they will burn their account is high.

Usually I will start with lowest lot size in my trades, but also sometime depending with my strategy, if work as scalping sometime I can use bigger lot size because have small pips target, but usually also split order in different price with averaging strategy, forex is like as art business which we can use many strategy and chose one strategy that suitable

Usually I will start with lowest lot size in my trades, but also sometime depending with my strategy, if work as scalping sometime I can use bigger lot size because have small pips target, but usually also split order in different price with averaging strategy, forex is like as art business which we can use many strategy and chose one strategy that suitable

That is make a sense since most people start with relatively small capital thus use lower lot size is a very good idea. If my current capital doesn't diminished to below $150 now, i would use higher lot size. 0.01 or 1 micro lot is the one of the most suitable LOT SIZE for someone who have capital under $2000.

That is make a sense since most people start with relatively small capital thus use lower lot size is a very good idea. If my current capital doesn't diminished to below $150 now, i would use higher lot size. 0.01 or 1 micro lot is the one of the most suitable LOT SIZE for someone who have capital under $2000.

I think for safe trading will better use smallest lot size, because also during trading will more comfortable and not full with tension, different with if we trade using big lot size which usually will making tension higher and maybe will disturbed emotion

Manage mney in uncertainty market required good risk management and money management, if we have small capital will safe using small lot size and if we trade for long term also will strongest because will make strong margin to withstand price movement

Well, i think you can say that the safest, because it means small loss if you lose but if you make profit in order to attain the same amount you must gain bigger pips which could be more risky. Trading with big lots surely disturb your emotions and making tension higher but you must be spend a lot of time in forex isn't it? Learning how to control is essential for trader, also with a good risk management 2-3 consecutive losses won't be so bad.

• 4 years later...

In the forex market, a Lot is the least available trade size which you are allowed to place when trading the Forex market. In normal conditions, brokers will view lots by an increase of 1000 or a micro lot. It is vital to know that lot size have a direct effect on the risk which you would be taking on a trade.*With this in mind, it will be helpful to get a suitable lot size with a tool like a risk management calculator or maybe a trading tool with a chosen output. This will help you whether in a live or practice account as well as help you understand the amount you are willing to risk.