Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Is forex and gambling the same ?

gbengustic

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you leave your position to chance then yes its a gambling but if you going to trade using analysis then you are trading. Forex trading is hard and I know that chance are you going to loss instead of making profit. But one thing I learn in forex trading is that the higher the climb of the price the deeper the price will fall also. That's why if the pairs you are trading is bullish don't just open buy position because its going to reach a point in which it reach overbought and the price will go down.

Trading and gambling are different things, so we can not equate the two to each other. We must have knowledge and experience in forex, and we need enough long time to be a successful trader here. Need patience to facing problems, not greed.

haha you get there, patience is something that every trader need have, if they only have greed in their mine, then they change forex become gambling, and that will equate forex with gambling for that trader, but if that trader have good skill and also patience trader, i am sure they can make difference between forex and gambling

haha you get there, patience is something that every trader need have, if they only have greed in their mine, then they change forex become gambling, and that will equate forex with gambling for that trader, but if that trader have good skill and also patience trader, i am sure they can make difference between forex and gambling

Indeed, there are few personal ablities which can make forex trading a stable business rather then gambling. Good management of emotions, proper planning and adjusting to the market conditions are some of them, it can be easily said, but when it comes to live account trading in very volatile condition it won't be that easy and i have had enough experience in that.

Thus, there are necessary things that a trader need to have in trading. In gambling it's just a win or lose in the game. But in Forex we can prevent those possible losses and that we can learn the market thoroughly while we are trading. And the chances to see the different market situations and it's volatility. It's going to be frustrating because of we need to have good decisions.

Indeed, there are few personal ablities which can make forex trading a stable business rather then gambling. Good management of emotions, proper planning and adjusting to the market conditions are some of them, it can be easily said, but when it comes to live account trading in very volatile condition it won't be that easy and i have had enough experience in that.

yeah and i think it will be a challenging thing for traders, trading in real account with demo account basically is same but what makes them different is the real condition and also the atmosphere :D, well i think about gambling that is all about perspective and i think that is doesn't matter if people said it is gambling or not because i think that forex don't need much luck to gain profit, it is different with gambling which require a lot of luck :D

if traders just speculate without make necessary analysis, we can say that its gambling. the result determined by luck if they are able to win. but luck won't work forever and if traders continue to take speculate approach, soon enough their account will be empty. to gain profit consistently need proper analysis and this factor that make forex different than gambling.

Trading and gambling are different things, so we can not equate the two to each other. We must have knowledge and experience in forex, and we need enough long time to be a successful trader here. Need patience to facing problems, not greed. And we can use market news analytic from our broker.

We are taking some risk in forex but that's not gambling if we know how to do analysis and if you think forex trading si gambling then every thing you do in your life is gambling. If you buy food in restaurant that's gambling as theirs a chance that you will buy a rotten food and so on. That's why I don't consider forex trading as gambling but we need to have good knowledge to earn some how.

As a matter of fact, that we are using our brain to have best way to gain profits and not to just rely and think of luck which gambling is. I think that Forex trading is already known different from it and it's simply have ways or strategize for better winning chances in trading. And in gambling it will be 50/50 chances unlike in Forex.

if traders just speculate without make necessary analysis, we can say that its gambling. the result determined by luck if they are able to win. but luck won't work forever and if traders continue to take speculate approach, soon enough their account will be empty. to gain profit consistently need proper analysis and this factor that make forex different than gambling.

of course, analysis is something that every trader need to do before take action, with analysis people will have better chance to get more profit from every action they take because they do analyzation first and then make some decision for it, and you are right if we only depend on speculation it will looks like more sophisticated gambling

of course, analysis is something that every trader need to do before take action, with analysis people will have better chance to get more profit from every action they take because they do analyzation first and then make some decision for it, and you are right if we only depend on speculation it will looks like more sophisticated gambling

I dont think it is a gambling but we can say it is completely Legit though it is Legit in front of law . Many think that forex is a gambling but it is not gambling because we need to make our self analysis about what is forex and how the system work every thing . Then only we can consider it is a legit business .

I dont think it is a gambling but we can say it is completely Legit though it is Legit in front of law . Many think that forex is a gambling but it is not gambling because we need to make our self analysis about what is forex and how the system work every thing . Then only we can consider it is a legit business .

even gambling still legit in few countries if you talk about LAW. but what we mean by gambling is something that really depend on luck without do some analyzation, it is just like guessing thingy, so that is why forex need some preparation like analyzation of market condition before decide to buy or sell currency

• 1 month later...

Gambling depends upon luck but Forex profit depends upon your trading capacity and your trading strategy. Forex is trading market so we can't able to say that forex is gambling. For trading we have to take risk, those risk taker who trade with good strategy will earn profit from forex market but profit form gambling depends upon your luck.

indeed with forex, there are lots of things we have to learn. it is like we have taken an extra study or course just to be good in forex. unlike in gambling we don't have to learn a lot of things. in forex , you would need to have focus because you have to remember a lot of things so that you would be able to learn how to minimize your loss.

@bimal: even in forex there are someone who depend on luck and i think that is fine because some of them win that thing too and get profit from trading, but i think only rely on profit will not give any benefit or i can say constant earning for traders, if we use our skills i am sure that 99% we can earn from forex, rather than 1% with rely on luck only.

@bimal: even in forex there are someone who depend on luck and i think that is fine because some of them win that thing too and get profit from trading, but i think only rely on profit will not give any benefit or i can say constant earning for traders, if we use our skills i am sure that 99% we can earn from forex, rather than 1% with rely on luck only.

I don't think luck is useful to make profit from forex. Only good strategy and knowledge can win in forex market. I am not agree with your statement. Most of newbie who believe in luck are facing daily losses, first time when I inter in forex market I also believe in luck now I realize that luck is nothing we should have to make good strategy inorder to make some amount.

I don't think luck is useful to make profit from forex. Only good strategy and knowledge can win in forex market. I am not agree with your statement. Most of newbie who believe in luck are facing daily losses, first time when I inter in forex market I also believe in luck now I realize that luck is nothing we should have to make good strategy inorder to make some amount.

i totally agree with you,one just have to learn and understand how the market move before thinking of trading forex and the best place is with the demo account,though personally i think forex and gambling has some kinda little element that make then relate to each other but the primary primary truth is that we need proper understand and money management before profit can be made

Forex is not a business that is similar to gambling, there are many who say that forex is very similar to a gambling, but in fact we need a knowledge in analyzing the market movements in order to benefit from forex trading and we also have a good calculation of the set risk of trading and of course this is very much different from a gambling would only rely on luck to be able to get benefits

yes in gambling we don't actually need to analyze things ahead. in gambling , luck is the most important thing. but in forex, we need to have knowledge and understanding of the market and other things. so i think that in forex we need to be educated which we don't really much in gambling.

I think as we all said before that forex need some analyzation skill for traders so they can trade better and do better analyzation and after that reach profit from each trading that they do, but in gambling we only depend by luck, if we have good luck then we will get profit from our gambling.

It will be requiring of either technical or fundamental analysis. But then, the chance or making unlimited profits will be in Forex and you have more chance also to know when to have you take your risk to gain profits. We entirely accept only in gambling to have the luck and also the 50/50 chance without having analysis requirement and just make a decision without any basis.

Forex and gambling will never be the same. I do like to see myself earning good and earning well in forex and I can only do that if I know how to make good analysis. I don't think its worth it to try to invest my time and effort in just playing around and do gambling. Because the chance that I can make profit is less and the chance that I will loss money is more if I will just think forex as gambling. But if I think forex as a trade then I will do analysis.