Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Is forex and gambling the same ?

gbengustic

I don’t think so. you will always come up with that if you don't know what you are doing because just like gambling you are just relying on luck, and not to your skills. The best thing you can do is to trade using a demo account because forex trading is not a gambling.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its good to compare forex with gambling because may be both are risky business . but the main loophole here is in gambling you can just win depending on your luck but that is not right in the case of forex . In forex you can get survive to earn profits if you are well skilled and have good knowledge . so in my opinion it is not at all fit to compare forex with gambling .

forex is not gambling. but when trader rely on luck only in trading, can be sure they are doing gambling. while if trader gambling, the result will always not good. even though get profit, usually trader will unable to maintain it in long term. to make trader success in long term is skill. and if trader trade based on trading skill and strategy, they are not doing gambling.

forex is not gambling. but when trader rely on luck only in trading, can be sure they are doing gambling. while if trader gambling, the result will always not good. even though get profit, usually trader will unable to maintain it in long term. to make trader success in long term is skill. and if trader trade based on trading skill and strategy, they are not doing gambling.

i think many people already know about this one, luck is the only thing that made difference between forex and gambling, and as we know that forex and gambling is totally different. to be a successful trader, that trader need to made forex as their main jobs and not gambling.

Only traders and ordinary people who do not understand say forex trading is similar to gambling. It's clear that trading is different from gambling, we need the ability to analyze the market when trading, we need the ability to manage money, not just relying on luck only.

In gambling a person can earn with out gaining or knowing any knowledge about the system . but when we consider forex we need to have a very good understanding and knowledge about forex . And in gambling you c\may not earn huge profits that is possible in forex . that is the reason many people are very craze about forex . the only things similar are only risk .

Actually in forex we learn strategies which we don't learn in gambling. But forex is more like a business than a gambling. And so Forex is recognized as legal which gambling may not be depending in your place you are at.

I think that Forex is gambling if you don't know what you are doing in Forex trading. But if you have skills and know the basic forex trading rules and strategies then you are not gambling your trading. That's why we call ourselves traders and not gamblers in forex trading.

But I think that if you are not careful and don't learn Forex well and keep on trading then you are just gambling your money in forex. Even if Forex is not gambling at all but you are making looking Forex as such.

There are a lot of things at play when you are dealing in Forex and an educated mind will be able to do better analysis and strategize to ensure that they are better placed to make profit. A gambler can just close their eyes and choose any trade and randomly make trading decisions whereas a learned trader will choose trades carefully and make informed trading decision.

Some people just like the gamble things when they can secure profit if they would learn things well. But some people do not like to spend a lot of things learning that is why it is like gambling for them. But for those who are willing to learn that forex is not a gamble at all but a real business.

well, the key here that draws the line between a gambler and a good forex trader is knowledge and application of that knowledge to trade. Good traders learns and understand forex before getting into it, plans for their trading so the decision that they make are well thought out.

But I think that if you are not careful and don't learn Forex well and keep on trading then you are just gambling your money in forex. Even if Forex is not gambling at all but you are making looking Forex as such.

This is a thing that many people already know before, it seems the thing repeated over and over again, if we have logic of course we will know that when we invested our money in forex and trade without know anything about it, it's just like a blind man or someone who want to gamble with forex market.

Well, certainly It won't be the same as we always learn something from forex which we can't do in gambling. So I think it's more profitable to be in forex as well. That's why I just focus in Forex and I don't consider going into gambling at all.

Forex is gambling, I haven't considered gambling myself because I have no influence on the outcome or the result at the end of the day. If there was somehow that I can do some preparation or do better analysis that will guide me on what to place my bet on in order to increase the chances of success.

Forex is gambling, I haven't considered gambling myself because I have no influence on the outcome or the result at the end of the day. If there was somehow that I can do some preparation or do better analysis that will guide me on what to place my bet on in order to increase the chances of success.

Hm, interesting can you told me why you think that forex is gambling, i must say that forex has some part of gambling but this field is not a pure gambling like what TS said, in both of this field we are predicting but in forex the way we prediciting something is different rather than in Gambling.

Undoubtedly forex and gambling are not same and they can never be. There is big difference between forex and gambling. Gambling is completely luck based and Forex is not like that. You need good knowledge also to get through it.

I think forex is not gambling, because in forex we not only speculative but we are required to be able to analyze the market and the movement chart, traders who rely only speculative will never succeed in this business.

not at all, but you can see there are few speculative traders that still gain some bucks also, sometimes few of them agiants the trends too which i think is not good at all. when everyone keeps buying they prefer to sold and vice versa. but in the end that is trick and also experience that will make traders get profits.

not at all, but you can see there are few speculative traders that still gain some bucks also, sometimes few of them agiants the trends too which i think is not good at all. when everyone keeps buying they prefer to sold and vice versa. but in the end that is trick and also experience that will make traders get profits.

Yes I also never encountered such a trader, but to be able to run a forex trading as this certainly requires a much greater capital than the traders who are trading correctly, with the strategy and the knowledge of forex to make money.

I don’t think so. You will always come up with that if you don't know what you are doing because just like gambling you are just relying on luck, and not to your skills. The best thing you can do is to trade using a demo account because forex trading is not a gambling.

Forex trading and gambling is never the same. If you know and can explain why you open that position in forex then its trading. If you don't know how to explain then its gambling simple as that. I do hope to see myself really making good income. I'm really happy that some how I do end up earning good amount of money in here. I'm really happy that some how I see myself earning good and earning well in here.

I dont consider forex to be same as gambling neither do governments. I am a citizen of India where gambling is strictly prohibited. There are laws to punish gamblers but there are no laws for forex or stock market trading. They allow it which clearly means that they do not consider forex to be a gambling activity and neither do I.

• 2 weeks later...

Forex is gambling. Since theirs really no certainity that we can make profit in the end. So we really rely only in one thing and that is our analysis. The more we learn how to trade the more we can end up in profit in the long run. That's why I don't really mind if I'm going to invest and loss money as long I give myself an earning chance.