Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How do you trade the news in forex trading?

How do you trade the news in forex trading?

news.jpg

A lot of people have been asking on how to trade the news.

although i strongly do not recommend just trading based on news only, but here’s some pointer.

1. News are categorised into the level of impact. low, medium, high

just like the word high, high impact news can change the trend of the market. changing a downtrend into an uptrend and vice versa.

some medium impact news do have such capability too.

2. watch out for the upcoming important news weekly and daily.

and note which pair will the news affect.

3. if you are in a position and there will be an upcoming high impact news in 2hrs time.

take either half your profits first as the market will start going frenzy usually 2hrs before the news. shift your stoploss to breakeven. this way, if you are going long and the news impact reversed the market, you still got half your profits and broke even on the other half.

4. if you are not already in position before the news. wait for 10 mins after the news is out before entering. as in the first 10 mins, you will see price go spiking around and it happens alot of time when once the news is out, price goes spiking up real fast. you will be there thinking if you don’t catch the boat now, you are going to miss a hell lots of pips. and when you got in at the high, price went spiking even faster downwards. what the..?!

did this happen before to you? Don’t worry,it happens to every one.

this is how the market works.

one reason is that when the news is out, major players throw in a sum of money enough to move the market up. when people sees the market moving up, they jump in to push it even higher as they went in with the ‘fake’ movement. the major players then wait for price to go up high enough and then they step in to throw in large influx of money to short it. gaining great amount of pips in a short period of time. i know this happens, and it happens a lot of times.

the other reason is that, the market is based on sentiments. even though the news is positive, and people start buying it long. making the market move up. but if the general market feel that the news is not as good as expected or for some other reason. the big players and professional traders will start shorting it. leaving the losses to those who just traded on positive news.

therefore, one way to go around it is to wait for 10 mins after the news is out to evaluate the REAL market movement before entering.

but as always, i highly recommend adding price action confirmation to it. then you have a high probability winner.

i hope this article helps and leave me a comment to let me know how you feel or any additional input you would like to add are welcome.

Ezekiel Chew

Asia #1 Forex Mentor

Indeed, its really important to the have news in our trading. Although, I'm more of technical analysis here. As I don't have know what are the best resources for the news so I can depend and also have idea. Its definitely, that the news will not instantly affect the market if could few minutes after the news or few hours.

Just good to trade with the news. Some how its 80% accurate. Just don't panic if its not going in your way as forex trend just goes volatile before and after the news and usually we end up having false sense of direction. that's why its better that if you trade with the news try to support the trend patterns with H4 time frame and check MACD for the volume movement.

• 1 year later...

News create crazy trends and so dangerous for long term trader too. Its a time to sell for good pips but too high to enter for the long term. If you enter high and it might just sink in a couple of minutes since its so erratic, you might want to stay away form it if you're a long term trader. Now, watch out for news daily and you will do well. News can empty your account really quickly or give you some really good pips to trade. 

Inorder to trade the news , it is more important is to learn to train mental trading ( trading psychology ) using a " live trading " or forex trading using real money . Because of course be very different psychological conditions while trading with real account of thumping - debarnya . we have to train the trading mentality and emotions .

• 2 weeks later...

news especially high impact news give traders chance to get high profit. however, difficult to predict the news impact direction. when traders know how to analyze the market properly, they will able to take advantage from news impact.

many traders in this business for them to trade in forex in the hope they will be able to get them to be successful in trading using high-impact news because with this high impact news traders have the opportunity for more profit in trading

I only use tekhnikal analysis when trading. This analysis, based on mathematical calculations. I only read the forex news only to support the Technical Analysis course. I think, a pattern of market movements is influenced by past data. so I prefer to use technical analysis rather than fundamental analysis.

At first we need to learn more about forex and then we can start our trading. So we need to start a demo trading first and then we need to start our real trade when we will be a good trader. So demo trading is most important for a new trader.

• 4 weeks later...

traders not necessary to pay attention with small impact and medium news. because it give small range movement impact only in price. if traders want to trade with news, and get decent profit, they should pay attention with high impact news. news such as NFP could give market range movement more than 100 pips.

@standart: the small maybe yes, but for medium impact i still take care with it, especially where there isn't other news for 3 hours later, the movement is usually around 30-35 pips totally, so i just targetted half like 15-20 pips only, it still works even not 100%, i also agree a big impact news is totally awesome indicator for fundamental trade just like NFP, but remember in december and january market is harder to predict and it happen just like previous NFP news.

Trading news can be very dangerous as well if you don't know what you're doing. You can get account wipe out in seconds as well if you do not pay attention or do not set sl or do not follow up. Long term trading can be dangerous when bad news arise and you can get kick out of your trade if you do not set sl properly or do not follow up on  your trades. News is bad sometimes for newbie. News is more for experienced traders. You can scalp some but its not easy but trying to catch the wave is just too hard. 

• 1 month later...

Trading the news can really be lucrative if the trader understands how to trade around news time. Usually, the high impact news can turn the market and give you a chance to make profit. Entering just few minutes after the news release gives you the best time to take advantage of the market.

• 3 months later...

News trading is very dangerous and the trader will have to be very very careful when he or she is trading with the news. This thing will make many of the traders to lose their money from forex and be able to blow their account because when you don't understand how to trade in the news, you will lose.

• 2 months later...

News trading is rather unsafe as well as the trader must be quite really thorough when he or she is investing Together with the news. This thing could make many of the traders to shed their cash from forex and have the ability to blow their account for the reason that when You do not know how to trade inside the information, you'll shed.

I do trade good trading news in forex trading. The more strong the news is the more I end up making some good profit. I do hope that I can sustain and maintain my trading account after the first break. Usually if I do earn good trading news I end up getting MC later on. This is the main reason why I love to focus on forex trading. Eventually I do know I can handle my trading account well enough to make me earn good profit.

when traders use fundamental analysis, mean that they'll use news and economic data to point out the trend and good entry level. when traders has no good understanding how to analyze the news, they'll wrong to predict the market direction. the best is take advantage from high impact news. it lead traders to gain big profit just in few hours only.

News trading is just about understanding of economic data. A trader can trade fundamentally provided he can read and understand the economic data well. Another is the person's ability to watch and be able to know too well, how he can also cope with high impact news. This has always been the cause why some traders lose big.

• 3 months later...

That is nice way to represent your news trading strategy. As for me i also news trader and my plan is simple. Check just high impact news and follow the result if the prediction is out from those prediction in forex news site(whether it rise or fall). And wait around 3-6 minutes before open position by following the trend. If the result fall then SELL and if the result rise then BUY.

That is nice way to represent your news trading strategy. As for me i also news trader and my plan is simple. Check just high impact news and follow the result if the prediction is out from those prediction in forex news site(whether it rise or fall). And wait around 3-6 minutes before open position by following the trend. If the result fall then SELL and if the result rise then BUY.

What's for? If you do fundamental analysis you don't need to wait for 3-6 minutes. In fact when trading the news you need to open a position before the news so that you already position yourself to make some profit in here. I don't recommend that you wait 3-6 minutes. You can get hit by spikes and when that happen you end up blaming news and trends for wrong info.

Yea using fundamental analysis is very important because from the look of things I think that fundamental analysis sometime do give the trader a backup for them to trade with

Of course, trader must understand fundamental analysis to to able to get more maximal result in forex. We can try to maximize forex news from broker and try to more understand about market,the characteristic so we will know when the right moment to make order