Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Lost 20 trades. Do you advice I quit trading?

flybiz08

If i am on the same shoes i will never quit, especially after such losses and i must recover. Also i must ask to myself why i loss 20 trades, there must be something wrong and i must find that something and fix it so later i can recover and start the whole new trading. Quitting sometimes does not give any solution.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we are lose some or even many of consecutive losses, does not mean that we are fail as a trader. has chance still to recover previous loss result, as far as we are has has willingness to be improve, and take lesson over previous losses and failure.

According to me some traders may not made for forex, they can find other jobs that more suitable or more promising to them, but there are some that actually love forex and see this job as the most suitable job for them to earn even it means more risk that they should bear, just like me. So since i am the second type man then i won't quit.

we are lose money and even margin call. sometimes, it occur many times. which make us disappoint and frustrate. however, when we are patient and remain persistent, we will able to solve our problems. this business require logic and dilligent mind, not emotions. if there are problems, we should observe to make it solves.

• 1 month later...

Dear as u know its a commen thing that a trade make loss in forex but if u recover that loss then its a better for u so you should make more practise to make profit in the forex market .if have good skill about the forex then we can earn huge profit un the forex work.so get some skill and try again to get profit.

Nice advice well actually a trader also should be focusing on their own trading and never let loss but that is a nature if we loss since we can't be a perfect trader, and with 20 loss consecutively you have 2 options, keep trading in future and fix your mistakes, or quit. Both of those options are available and i don't see anything wrong with quit, but if i were you then i would keep trading.

• 2 months later...

If you lost keep trying but if you lost later rethink what is your mistakes and fix it or you can simply quit, well foreign exchange is not for everyone. This business does not make you rich in relatively short time even the profit is big enough for us.

• 4 weeks later...

I am pulling the conclusion of your posts that we must know the right time to quit trading isn't it? But here it comes the problem when we want to do the same thing like you said. When is the right time to quit trading? are 20 trades enough for us? I am sure this is different for each traders who trade.

• 4 weeks later...

My advice for you is to join Nova FX broker, it might not solve all your problems, but temporary it will make you feel comfortable and relax. It is due to their Risk Free Option where you will get license to thrill on the very first 3 trades where no losses will be counted and it will get refunded completely up to 500 dollars, so that really makes me work with ultra-comfort and I am so pleased to be working with them!

Don't quit trading because you have lost trading. If you are the type of trader who knows how to maintain what you want and also knows how to make a good understanding of your losses, then you should also find it easy to understand what led to your losses and be able to easily recovery fro it. It is good always learning from your losses and learning how to recover from it.

Don't quit trading because you have lost trading. If you are the type of trader who knows how to maintain what you want and also knows how to make a good understanding of your losses, then you should also find it easy to understand what led to your losses and be able to easily recovery fro it. It is good always learning from your losses and learning how to recover from it.

Of course, they say winners never quit. But then, if someone has lost as huge as 20 trades, then he needs to go back to the drawing board. There is definitely something yo are not doing right and that alone might be the simple reason the person has been losing. It is therefore more important that the person looks at what makes him lose and face it squarely.

Quit or not is your decision, but i suggest to stay there and fix what you still lack of. After all forex is just another high risk business you can see the disclaimer below of FX broker said this business is high risk so loss is actually a common thing beside of its big profit. Before stepping into forex you should know about it.

Quit or not is your decision, but i suggest to stay there and fix what you still lack of. After all forex is just another high risk business you can see the disclaimer below of FX broker said this business is high risk so loss is actually a common thing beside of its big profit. Before stepping into forex you should know about it.

That is true but let us assume that in this case, the trader is a newbie trader and does not even know what to do or is in a confused state. I think the advice that I will personally give him or her is to go and check where he or she is not getting it right and be able to make things up. There are room for correction if you have failed and this is the main reason why the trader should learn how to do things right.

@stekin: Really bad if they quit since we know forex is not for everyone that is why maybe they think this business is not worth for them. From my perspective, should be done by evaluating trading style that has been adopted is that enough means and did not have a problem, if yes then it should be fixed if it is not then should just quit.

We all have our own target in life. For me, losing 20 trades is a big thing and could it have been that the person has not been learning or what. If you are able to keep losing until such a time when you must have lost such number of trades, then it becomes very difficult for you surviving it.

First of all, it's good for the trader to realize the way to earn and it is also good for the trader to know what it means for someone to lose or for someone not to get that thing which he wants to get. But what he or she should have at the back of his or her mind is the fact that it is even more important that he or she realizes how to recover from losses or how to prevent a complete damage to his or her account because I believe that losing 20 trades means entire damage.

• 1 month later...

As long as this is not consecutively and also you still have large amount of capital to support you back then don't quit. If your margin dropped so much you can quit since that means you already loss, take a breath for a while study what you lack of and then trade again when you are ready with new strategy and experience.

• 2 months later...

First of all, it's good for the trader to realize the way to earn and it is also good for the trader to know what it means for someone to lose or for someone not to get that thing which he wants to get. But what he or she should have at the back of his or her mind is the fact that it is even more important that he or she realizes how to recover from losses or how to prevent a complete damage to his or her account because I believe that losing 20 trades means entire damage.

Losing 20 positions even in consecutive way for sure entire damage for everyone who has it. If you have plan to change your habit in trading i recommend don't ever quit but if you still have that kind of habit then you should just quit because in future i am sure that you will keep losing more money.

Losing 20 positions even in consecutive way for sure entire damage for everyone who has it. If you have plan to change your habit in trading i recommend don't ever quit but if you still have that kind of habit then you should just quit because in future i am sure that you will keep losing more money.

It's a real pain, though. And you just got 2 options: go back to demo and evaluate everything so you could do better in the future or if it was losing your entire sanity, you may quit trading. Everyone has the painful moments in their career and only less of them who could survive going through that pain.

Quit is not in my dicitionary right now i have been lost for more than 20 trades, near hundred maybe if i don't make any mistakes recall my history. That is such a pain to loss that much but honestly if you want to learn and be pragmatic, you can change your loss to your profit, even i am still struggling right now but i don't even reach 100% margin, my margin is at 4000% right now and i trade with around 0.05 lot- 0.08 lot depend on the condition.

Quit is not in my dicitionary right now i have been lost for more than 20 trades, near hundred maybe if i don't make any mistakes recall my history. That is such a pain to loss that much but honestly if you want to learn and be pragmatic, you can change your loss to your profit, even i am still struggling right now but i don't even reach 100% margin, my margin is at 4000% right now and i trade with around 0.05 lot- 0.08 lot depend on the condition.

This is what I called a great trader, Thumbs Up!

I mean, come on. Even an experienced one had a worse journey than this thread's case but was he quitting? No! They (experienced traders) tried to stick to their aim in this business and never stop learning and evaluating themselves...