Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Lost 20 trades. Do you advice I quit trading?

flybiz08

Not really, and this is because quitters never win. Instead of quitting Forex, then it is wise enough to consider going back to the drawing board. Everything can be gotten right depending on what we do to make things scale through. Forex doesn't in any way come easy for anyone and in other to make out something from it, we must learn to learn from our failures.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When traders are met with losses especially the new traders, they tend to think that quitting the forex market is a better option. Some who have the zeal to continue will refuse to give up while some in this same situation believe that it is impossible to win. Do you think it is better for such a trader to quit trading? 

consecutive losses does not mean that traders fail. its just a phase that explain if traders doesn't prepared yet to handle the risk and pressure of real market. traders should take further learning in order to gain improvement, both in trading results and skills.

@standart, exactly. We all fail to learn and there are a lot of ways to learn. When we lose, it only opens a room for us to learn much better and in a much better way provided we can learn from the lessons it drops. Losing from a trade isn't that bad and we should understand the need to take things corrected from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Its good if we can continue trading and hoping that we can make great income in here. In two to three years time I can really make so much profit that I really don't mind trading in forex without any problem. Yes we can get MC and we can loss money. But each time we trade we are expected to learn and earn and eventually will be making good income. I'm not worried at all.

losses is part of the business. no traders able to avoid losses since it part of the risk. make profit possible still when traders has good trading strategy and risk management plan. if traders has no good knowledge, they are has no chance to make the risk of loss remain minimize.

• 2 weeks later...

I loss five trades and I'm already frustrated. 20 trades? I guess I'm going to stop trading. In forex trading theirs only one reason why I love forex trading and its because I can make some good income in here and in two to three years time I'm really sure that I can make so much profit in forex trading than theirs nothing to loss but every thing to gain for me in here.

But in the real sense, a trader that kept losing up to 5,6,,7... should have found out what already is the problem. It is not about trading without result but about a fruitful trade that is devoid of those craps. There is no trader who would be happy with losses and that is the fact and in other to curtail it, we simply have to learn from it.

consecutive losses normal. especially when traders newbie still and has lack knowledge and experience. losses and mistakes give traders lessons. when they are accept it and learn, to not make it happen again, they are improve basically. and obviously will able to generate better result on next trading opportunity.

@Standart, I don't think that consistent trading is normal because it means that there is something wrong with your strategy which you have to correct. If you are losing consistently, it will mean that you have to go and look for where your trading system is faulty.

• 1 month later...

Probably you picked wrong broker, which places hidden charges or apply incorrect conditions to your trades. It is not likely from math standpoint to lose 20 trades in a row, because even odds was on your side. I suggest you to use mine broker Hotforex, I trade with them more than 2 years on real account and one year on demo, still trade with it. For me it is a perfect fusion of professional services and mindful client approach. Check it out yourself: http://www.hotforex.com/en/

does not necessary to quit just because traders suffering many losses. its just a sign that traders need to take further training. when traders has lack knowledge, they won't doing good and make many mistakes. but if they are has proper knowledge, and know what they should do or don't, they are has chance to make profits more than losses.

• 2 weeks later...

The question you need to ask yourself is this. Can you recover? Did you learn from your loss? Right now I keep on trading even though I loss money in forex also. I do believe that I can really handle my trading account without any problem. I don't mind if I have hard time earning before. As long I can make money for me I am happy. Forex trading is all about taking risk. We we need to take risk.

• 1 month later...

Lost 20 trades then you should stop for a while, there must be something wrong with your strategy i don't want to discourage you about this one but it's very dangerous to keep continue with the currenct strategy if you keep lose your money like that. You can quit if you want but if you can recover then just continue it but with different strategy.

• 5 weeks later...

I don’t have exactly the record of my performance but I have lost many trades as well yet it never made me think of quitting and it is all credit to OctaFX broker because hardly any of my losing trade is too bad due to the rebate service that I have in place which leads to 15 USD profits whenever I complete the lot size trade and also I can always get it instantly due to their payment setting to automatic.

• 3 weeks later...

consecutive losses explain that there are something wrong in trading approach and strategy. the best way is conduct review and found the problems by traders end up with such many losses. quit is not an option if traders willing still to become successful in this business.

I do agree with you, this is the best way that a trader could do, if you really think that forex is not worthy then you can quit from this business, but my advice is stay and learn from the mistake that happen.

consecutive losses does not mean that we are fail. its only a phase where we need to stop temporarily to perform evaluation. there are something wrong perhaps, on our trading approach or strategy. we need to found the root of problems, before we are start to trade back on live account.

But there's a time where forex trading is not for you, i see few friends who stops trading and that is worthed for them, they have been trading for around 2 years and the one who introduced me to forex, and their life to be honest is better than me now. In fact forex is not for everyone, i don't mean to discourage but i think some people should just stop, but for me consecutive losses is not because i already earned well and forex helps my life too.

Do not quit,infact you are on the right track.you only need to chnge your strategy and appect lower leverage next time you are making a trade.Forex is all about going otu there and looking for the best trade that will make you win it.you should try to change the broker and trade with at least three or more.Do not use a lot of money and go for long-term trade.

Quitting is a game of the weak. Even though you have lost uncountable number of trades, it's one of the things that are in Forex and it wouldn't be a reason to quit. In the wisest sense of it, no one makes profit or becomes successful by quitting, rather, by working towards correcting it.

some of consecutive losses does not mean that we are fail as a trader. such result indicate that we are need to take further training and learning. unprepared yet to deal with real risk and market pressure. tried to found the problems or mistakes, before we are back to trade on live account.

Well this is all up to the trader's decision, some traders who really loss it i am sure have their own reason, in this case maybe they think forex is not more suitable place for them, and as we know forex is not a place for all people in this world, isn't it? But if you think that forex is suitable for you, even loss 20 consecutive trading you musn't stop and keep trading.