Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

what is matters most in trading forex experience or skills?

in forex trading there are two things which matters most your success in this field and your profit, which are the experience and the skills.

is the experience is the ultimate key to the success or you can defeat it by your born skills. can you gain more profit than a experienced man by your born skills????

although the experience matters the most but what you think can you defeat it by your skills??? give your opinions

well to my knowledge i think experience matters the most because by your experience you learn the variations and the affects of different things on the Forex trading

but the skills are of the importance to some extent and you can gain profit by it i think the mixture of experience and the skills can do astonishing works.skills without experience and the experience without the skills are not the complete key to success in Forex trading

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

yes i also think both are important and both are realted to each other because if there is no expereince then how we get skill and only expereince give us skill. so to gain skill we need trade continue to getting experience which give us skill in future.

• 2 weeks later...

many things can be a reason for people to be a good trader but I think the important one is money management....you need to have good money management to be success in forex....don't open too many lot if you only have small principal....only open not more than 10% of your principal on one trading can save you from MC....

Why do we have to separate those two concepts, experience and skill? Experience is a valuable thing and can improve your skill. I would like to take the relationship between those two concepts as a causual relationship. When you accumulate experience of trading you can see some enhancement on your skills, which would probably help you profit from the forex market.

I think experience is a vital matter in any business or process. Basically over 20+ or more experience members can make any forex agency. According to my opinion it's need to study at-least 1 year to enter this forex own-self. Somehow many user took place by guide of old experience member. The matter is we have to calculate total no of units pass in each year. Then collect latest business process news. After that apply in each field to make an assumption. So study this process and make an experience of necessary.

I agree with the one year idea. During the one year, a newbie must be seriously engaged in forex trading and focus not only on the profits and losses in balance but also the improvement of skills. A newbie must take the initiative and does not hesitate to think about his trades.

experience and skiills will go hand in hand together. i don't know think you will get skills without experience. and also our experirence would only be profitable if we try to gain skills out of those experience we had. so i think both are very much important in trading.

This thread is getting more and more philosophical. While it is very intriguing to discuss the relation between skill and experience, for a trader, it is more important to keep it simple and stick to learning. Sometimes, attitude matters the most. So why not engage yourself in serious forex learning? You can improve a lot without knowing by heart the relation between skill and experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I think experience and skills is two things that are very important in forex market. And if you want to choose which one is better to use, I think both of them are same and important. You need skills to handle your market but also need experience to know better which condition is perfect to open position in market. So if you can combine those two you can be a good trader.

@indieover

I am agree with you, skills and experiences will help each other. But we should have knowledges first before we had experiences.

It's important to trade with basic knowledges about forex first so we will know our target and our direction on learning forex. Skills

will be sharpen with a lot of practices, and also experiences will be gotten with a lot of practices too.

I think both of them is very useful in forex. Experience can make us to trade better and skill can give us a comfortable in trade. I still far away from both. I still nubie in forex and less in experience. Skill still been developing, need more practicing and demoing in demo account to make one good trading strategy.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not prefer following trading signals without own analysis, however if i will follow one, i try to chose those with big targets and reliable stop loss, it should persuade me strongly with specific reasons for chosing the TP & SL points, if you followed just 4 of those good signals with 100 pips in each, you will provide extra 400 pips monthly in addition to your work sure, not bad at all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting question... experience is something which does matter a lot as our past experiences and losses in Forex, teaches us a lesson and we therefore, know what decision is appropriate at a given instance in Forex. Trading skills do matter as well but experience is something which helps us to trade safely..

Look if you don't have skills then what experience will you get? Skills is what you learn from studying and observing. Now experience is what you get if you keep on using you're skills. So you can't choose between experience and skills. Because the more you enhance your skills the more experience you get.

Look if you don't have skills then what experience will you get? Skills is what you learn from studying and observing. Now experience is what you get if you keep on using you're skills. So you can't choose between experience and skills. Because the more you enhance your skills the more experience you get.

Skills is something that needs to be developed by either demo trading or learning forex trough number of resources both available online and offline. Experience does come with trading and monitoring Forex markets continuously. So once the skills have developed, a trader will sooner or later get experienced in Forex.

i guess, you will not become very skilled until you get enough experience. you can gain knowledge about forex trading by reading articles in websites, but gaining experience happens when you try forex trading.

Having Forex knowledge is the first and foremost important thing to have a successful trading career. Having knowledge will surely help a trader develop trading skills. However, through continuous trading for months or years, a trader will have a lot of experience and by these three elements of Forex, a trader can become a Professional in this business.

that is right. i do not think one can become a forex expert overnight. it may take many years before a forex trader can be called an "expert".

an expert should be someone, who has done a lot of trading in the past.

Becoming a trading expert requires a lot of hard work and labor. A trader should learn all the trading knowledge and develop trading skills to be called as an expert. With continuous trading, a trader will also develop experience in Forex which is another important factor in Forex.

• 1 month later...

How can you develop skills and how can you develop experience? I only have one thing to say. You read all the books about forex and you can develop skills, You can pass all the exams about forex if you read books and study. But no amount of study and no amount of certificate can give you experience. Its the actual trading that will give you experience.