Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

What is your favorite Time Frame?

My favorites timeframes in Forex trading is M15 and H1... However, I sometimes do check H4 charts to set my SL and TP... M15 timeframe is the one I most commonly use as I don't hold my positions for long period of time and M15 is perefectly suited to the trading type which I do. However, sometimes I use H1 to take new positions as it is more accurate and provides the facility to earn better pips than m15 timeframes.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm that sounds not good in 5 minutes timeframe for me. I always used the 15M timeframe as i can see slightly the trend and give me some good profit if i have entry in correct position or correct time. Others have used 4H to see better trend direction and better analysis using different indicators.

• 3 months later...

The 4 hour time frame is my favourite time frame and that is so because I do not really perform well in analysing the other time frames. With the 4 hour time frame, I can see the activities of the market near term and make good forecast that can span information to as low as the 15 min timeframe.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My favourite time trade in 5M or 15M chart I know they are risky but I like them personally

Its all depends on what time frame we are comfortable with. Me I use form 1M to daily time frame. But that's because I uses many strategies depends on the market conditions. the more strategy that I know the more options I have to trade. I'm but same time its also good to have a good lead strategy that you can use as often as you like.

My favourit timefram is 1hours timeframe this always make me trade forex easyly and make sure that I come up with a wining trade,but aside from this I do make use of 5minut and 15minut time fram which is for scalping method if am using scalping I do trade with this time frame but when trading long term I think 1hr and oneday is the bet for me.

• 1 year later...

It will all depends on the type of traders you are. I use all of them to gain a vast knowledge on current and past market condition. I will want to see how it has been performing. I also use news to understand price movement. Now I do scalp too so I use h1, m1, and then all else. I enjoy looking at m1 but I think h1 is the best and give me the best picture of how the market is trending. 

personally i like to trade the long term,i dont like to trade the short term due to the noise on the lower time frame.i guess the time frame we trade depend on the kinda trader we are and how much time we have to trade the market but as for me,am a long term trade and i like to hold a trading position for long,so that i trade long term

I think we must look at all of them for short term and long term trading to gain an insight into how that pair is moving. I think looking at moving averages also give us an understanding of how things will work for the pairs. I also like to look at peaks and lowest points so I know when to enter and when to exit. I also like to see how it moves on a certain day but m1 and h1 are my favorite as they give me a clearer picture for my current trades. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To the best of my knowledge, there is no best time frame and all time frames will just be good for any trader. What matters is the best trading skill and strategy to be used in a particular time. Trading in Forex is more like choosing the time frame that matches your strategy.

• 3 months later...

M5 and M15 is my favourite time frame. I don't like to spend too.much of my time to trade in the forex business and that is the reason why I usually choose that time frame so that I can be able to scalp in one hour, pick my pips and move to another thing.

M5 and M15 is my favourite time frame. I don't like to spend too.much of my time to trade in the forex business and that is the reason why I usually choose that time frame so that I can be able to scalp in one hour, pick my pips and move to another thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer to use all time frame to see the common trends. At least I know how long I need to hold my position before I can make profit. I do know a lot of investors are really earning good amount of money in forex trading simply because they know how to trade and make good profit. Lets all hope that we can all become a big time trader in here if we can.

I think we must look at all of them for short term and long term trading to gain an insight into how that pair is moving. I think looking at moving averages also give us an understanding of how things will work for the pairs. I also like to look at peaks and lowest points so I know when to enter and when to exit. I also like to see how it moves on a certain day but m1 and h1 are my favorite as they give me a clearer picture for my current trades.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer to use 4 hours time frame. But I can and do checking from five minutes time frame to daily time frame and sometimes even monthly time frame. I do believe I can make good income if I do have the feel of the current trends. I'm sure in the long run we can all make good income in forex trading if we only know how to handle our trading account.