Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Should I put a lot of indicators on my trading chart?

flybiz08

From understanding perspective or not, i find out that trader who put a lot of indicators(at aroud 5 or more) tend to have less accurate analysis, so far there are a lot of traders who get at around 2-3 and they make nice profit even not so nice but overall it is better and their earning is higher than others who have higher amount of indicators on their chart, one thing that i like about indicators that they could help me in my fundamental analysis based trading so one or two won't kill me and make my chart looks clean.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i don't see any reason why putting a lot of indicators could help trader a lot compared when you don't put that much indicators. Just as i said before it will make the screen crowd and in the end it will make you harder to focus with your trading, it is enough to put one or two indicators at maximum.

It could be a good idea since you get much more views, but too much confusing if you are not really an expert. Usually a newbie who did this must be told by someone. Most of traders i ever find put at most 6 indicators, but they usually take longer time to predict the market since that requires more efforts with more indicators which sometimes contradict to each others.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be a good idea since you get much more views, but too much confusing if you are not really an expert. Usually a newbie who did this must be told by someone. Most of traders i ever find put at most 6 indicators, but they usually take longer time to predict the market since that requires more efforts with more indicators which sometimes contradict to each others.

Wow, I can say that's too much. But it's still fine as long as you understand those indicators and know how to use them well to improve your analysis so you would put an order on the right place. Make sure you learn and try it well on demo account before you use it on real account.

As long as you can manage it but i still on my own standing and still think that put a lot of indicators is one of the bad idea even if you can manage it then it would require a lot of efforts to manage it all. Since i am fundamental based traders so technical analysis is playing less part.

• 4 months later...

I do wonder why people still want to put so much indicator in front of their face, that is just overkill and also won't make you focus to your trading.Indicators surely help a lot of trader to make money and predict more accurately or to be a basis for the next signal which they could get.

There are many but one of them is preference and also to make a non bias analysis. I know some people have their own way to think and maybe they can work well with that much indicator because maybe they find out that 2=3 indicators are not enough and could be more bias rather than for example 6- indicators. But for me, 1-2 indicators are fine.

• 2 weeks later...

2 up to 3 indicators are fine, i use around 2-3 indicators but nothing wrong so far everything seems under control. I think the problem is not for someone who put the right amount of indicators but someone who put a lot of indicators, and i want to say  that this is over bearing, you should think of yourselves too and how good you are when it comes to use that indicator.

I do wonder why people still want to put so much indicator in front of their face, that is just overkill and also won't make you focus to your trading.Indicators surely help a lot of trader to make money and predict more accurately or to be a basis for the next signal which they could get.

Indeed in forex business there are many kinds trader and having own interest to using tool trading, sometime I am also watching chart like as art with many line with various colour and indeed this is making chart look beautiful, but as trader also need understand how to work using these tool, and there are trader which they only use naked chart analysis simple but if understand also possible get profitable

Indeed in forex business there are many kinds trader and having own interest to using tool trading, sometime I am also watching chart like as art with many line with various colour and indeed this is making chart look beautiful, but as trader also need understand how to work using these tool, and there are trader which they only use naked chart analysis simple but if understand also possible get profitable

These kind of tools, we use it to help our analysis so that we can know where to place our trading orders with low level of risks.

• 11 months later...

You need to ask this question to yourself whether it’s going to help you or not? I believe the answer is very much simple and that’s NO. I don’t think putting up too much makeup makes anyone look beautiful or at least not for too long. Hence, it is better to go in decent way, as that’s how anyone will look better. I use few indicators, but only if I am confident about them and that’s why I find it easier with broker like OctaFX, as they have excellent guidance and also demo contests like cTrader and Champion through which one can work out things nicely and even have chance of winning prizes.

It is a good idea because mostly that popular indicators are doing well, and also have been proven over the time. But don't put a lot of indicators in your chart, it polluted the chart to the core and as long as you put the right amount of indicators your analysis would be more accurate and profitable.

• 3 weeks later...
It is a foolish idea for trader to put a lot of indicators on your own chart. The chart will be totally crowded to see and when to analyze the chart will be harder. Clean and informative chart is all you need, around 2-4 different indicators already enough just make sure that indicators could support each other and contain lead and lagging indicators.

• 8 months later...

It is a foolish idea for trader to put a lot of indicators on your own chart. The chart will be totally crowded to see and when to analyze the chart will be harder. Clean and informative chart is all you need, around 2-4 different indicators already enough just make sure that indicators could support each other and contain lead and lagging indicators.

Well don't know why but some people prefer think the more indicators you use the better. But those who has gone through a forex school or have discussed about indicators, they know that using a lot of indicators is going to help but confuse the trader.

• 4 years later...