Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Can I lose more than the fund I deposited?

That is right if you depost 1dollar and and make profit of $10 with your deposit when you get M.C be rest assured that what you loss is $11 and there is no remedy when you loss in forex you have loss so its very much important for the trader to have a good back-up skills for his trade.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our trades are set to close by the broker as our account balance move near 0, as without taht brokers may be in big poblem as people may make big losses and all that have to be borne by the brokers. So as often trades are closed before our balance become 0, we do not lose more than what we have total deposit.

Am not agree by your opinion what I know is that in forex trading you have to get the proper knowledge because if you dont have the right knowledge what you will be gotten is nothing but continue loss and when your account got a margin call and your broker close your account its not of a broker fault because if you really traded properly the broker wouldnt have close your account.

So its a broker responsibility to do that.

• 4 weeks later...

No you cannot lose the more of the funds that you deposited. Of course you cant the balance never goes negative

Well, this is not correct at all. In forex trading, we have the term of Margin Call here. We have to understand this. Margin Call is to add our money to the Capital. But, if the trading still lose the money here, then we are able to lose the money from the first fund we deposite before.

You will never going to loss more than you deposit. Thats' why theirs margin calls to prevent you to have negative balance. But I do advice that each time you make profit you try to withdraw as many funds as possible. Because this is the only way you can maintain your account without risking too much and same time earning. I usually withdraw my earnings once a month.

• 3 weeks later...

It i not possible to lose more than the fund one deposits no matter how hard you try. Except one wants to separate bonuses as not being part of funds deposited. This scenario does not stand to reason, and it is even hilarious. One thing though is to no be scared of the likelihood of losing all your money, rather it would be better to set your eyes on the expected profits and work hard for it.

It's possible if we did made our profits then we lose up to the margin call or when we reached the zero balance in our trading account. For instance, we have 10 dollars and gain profits of 5 dollars then, we lose 15 dollars which is higher than our trading capital or initial investments. Anyways, I don't think there's really good reason we should know about this.

• 2 weeks later...

It i not possible to lose more than the fund one deposits no matter how hard you try. Except one wants to separate bonuses as not being part of funds deposited. This scenario does not stand to reason, and it is even hilarious. One thing though is to no be scared of the likelihood of losing all your money, rather it would be better to set your eyes on the expected profits and work hard for it.

The leverage system allows us to lose more than the money we invest. It is happened so many times here, specially in the local brokers. If we invest the money in the real futures companies, it is often happened like this one. So, the investors have to sell the belonging beside the money invested

Theirs no way you can loss more than you deposit. How will you going to loss more than you deposit? I guess a simple commonsense is already enough to answer this type of question. But same time if you going to count your previous profits as earnings already then I can say yes. For example you invest 100 dollars and reach 200 dollars then you loss all of 200 dollars. Then you can say you loss 200 dollars even though you only deposited 100 dollars.

• 4 weeks later...

no there is something called margin call when you lose the free margin you will lose your account therefore do not enter more than 3% of your account

And if ever you get MC. Some has 20% to 50% capital left after you get MC. So you still have some funds to trade. But usually that 20% to 50% is not 20 to 50% of your capital but rather 20 to 50% of your free margin and that means what left to you you can't even trade as you need at least 100% free margin to trade and make money. But that's a clear sign that you can stil have some capital left even if you get MC.

• 1 year later...

No this can’t happen in Forex trading because whatever we have deposit the margin will allow us to go till then after that we will face margin call which will close out the order automatically but I am trading with a quality broker like OctaFX, it has really low stop out level (when we will face margin call) it is just 15%, so that really helps us trade with more confident and great chance of success is possible due to this.

No this can’t happen in Forex trading because whatever we have deposit the margin will allow us to go till then after that we will face margin call which will close out the order automatically but I am trading with a quality broker like OctaFX, it has really low stop out level (when we will face margin call) it is just 15%, so that really helps us trade with more confident and great chance of success is possible due to this.

any condition which we get from our broker, if it makes us in convenience when trading, i think it will be not a problem. As a trader, we just have to try improve our trading skills to make more maximal profit.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it is possible that you will lose more than your invested amount. In this way if you have invested 100$ and have a loss of 120$, your balance in trading account will be -20$. It means you have to deposit 20$ more to overcome that loss. It came to be really awful and many traders leave trading due to this reason.

Yes it is possible that you will lose more than your invested amount. In this way if you have invested 100$ and have a loss of 120$, your balance in trading account will be -20$. It means you have to deposit 20$ more to overcome that loss. It came to be really awful and many traders leave trading due to this reason.

As a trader, we must try to more improve our trading skills in forex. When we get loss, we should make it as lesson to make us be better trader.  We can try to maximize demo account to more improve our trading skill.

I never heard that there is someone who lose more than they could fund. As for margin call there will be few amount of money in our account before we can reach it. So i can say you cannot lose more than you can deposited in forex, since forex is a real business and not just another scamming program.

• 1 month later...

It’s really rare that we could lose more then what we fund or deposit. It happened only once with me when I was trading with a new broker where apart from cheating me into losing my investment they went further ahead and made my account show in minus it was thanks to their massive slippage where instead of trade stopping it wipe through capital and ended in some losses.

Now I never lose anything more then I deposit with OctaFX broker. In fact, ever since starting with them I have only gained not lost and anyone works with them is surely a winner due to superb smooth service and platform where we never get any slippage or spikes when our trades are on.