Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How many lot size that you use in trading?

Using in aproriate amount dude, never using more than you can afford, it will only make you lose more of your money. Also always control your greedy make sure it wil never overcome you, if you cannot do that you will use bigger lot size even though you cannot make profit with it

Of course, we must use amount which we are ready to lose it. but it doesn't mean that we make our fund lose in forex. We must prepare ourselves with knowledge and skills to maximize capital which  we are use for trading

"Invite your friend, get $10 and win $5,000"

Of course, we must use amount which we are ready to lose it. but it doesn't mean that we make our fund lose in forex. We must prepare ourselves with knowledge and skills to maximize capital which  we are use for trading

So that is why you should do some kind of calculation in your account, see how much that you can spend or risking and after that keep trade with it and stick with that, and it means as discipline. At the moment with my 3 digit capital i am still using 1 to 2 micro lot.

depend on how high the capital we are has. if small only, mean that we should trade with small margin. we should satisfied with small profit, like or not. while if we are has big capital, has chance to gain big profit due to that we are has ability to use big margin size in trading.

If you have small amount of money account then you can only using small lot size, but to increase how much lot size you are able to use you need what we called as leverage. It helps leveraging your account and make you able to afford higher lot size but of course with more risk.

Yes, we should use small lot size when we are still use small amount. The most important is how we can make our account survive although we only get small profit. Then we also must learn how to make our profit be more consistent.

when we are has good knowledge regarding with the risk, we will know how to make it stand minimize. market move uncertain and sometimes, we are deal with loss result. make no proper analysis and thus, we are open trades at the wrong timing. tried to be effective, mean that we are able to look for profit opportunity. good knowledge and experience will lead us to undersatand what we should do or avoid.

According to me a new trader must rely on small lot size, as using high lot sizes is very risky. There is a great chance of losing your money. However a professional trader can take benefit from high lot sizes. Because high lot sizes have large profit too. Hence a professional trader always trade with high lot size.

According to me a new trader must rely on small lot size, as using high lot sizes is very risky. There is a great chance of losing your money. However a professional trader can take benefit from high lot sizes. Because high lot sizes have large profit too. Hence a professional trader always trade with high lot size.

In this case i do agree with you, newcomers should rely on small lot size until they are getting used with their strategy and already proven it to be profitable. Step by Step they could increase those small lot size to the bigger size and obtain bigger profit if they are making more pips. Usually a professional trade at least with 1 lot size.

• 1 month later...

I mostly use 1 lot size as I am able to get enough profits with it given I am trading in the right direction. Also, it is great for me use this lot size because of rebate as I straight away earn 15 USD, it’s a service provided by OctaFX broker and it’s really superb as now I don’t even need to worry about winning or losing because this amount is given to me in every conditions that happens with me.

when we are has good knowledge regarding with the risk, we will know how to make it stand minimize. market move uncertain and sometimes, we are deal with loss result. make no proper analysis and thus, we are open trades at the wrong timing. tried to be effective, mean that we are able to look for profit opportunity. good knowledge and experience will lead us to undersatand what we should do or avoid.

I think that we are talking about how much lot size that we should use isn't it? It seems you don't have much answer with it, not to mention even you are using proper analysis or anything if you are using small lot size, your profit will be small and it is harder to obtain bigger profit because you must get bigger pips.

• 1 month later...

Right at the start of my trading career I used massive lot size, it was due to having no fear and that happened because of Nova FX broker, it is a fascinating company with even greater options like Risk Free Trade, it is a kind of insurance policy where we are free to do whatever we wish on the first 3 opened trades, I can use as high lot size as my capital allows and if I lose I have this insurance and if I win it’s awesome!

That was really bad practice i hope you don't do that in future. Using bigger lot size because we are sure that we can do that does not enough to protect us. Just measure how much lot size you are using to your total equity and leverage for sure. If that is not more than 5% then try it but if more you better forget it and using lower amount for your safety sake.

• 4 weeks later...

Of course, the less will be the better but at least it should not be too small because the possibility to achieve optimal profit will tend to wane, i suggest around 3% of your total capital which i see more appropriate with the budget and provide more flexible trading experience.

I don’t exactly have fixed lot size as it’s all depending on situation, but I prefer to go with at least 1 lot size and that’s to do with OctaFX broker, it has wonderful rebate service, it helps me earn 15 USD profits per lot size trade. I can make good profits from it while also with rebate there is strong rebate available to be had, so that’s what makes it superb and highly profitable adventure for one and all.

• 1 month later...

The lot size I make use of varies according to the pair I'm trading in it and I might just be tempted to increase the lot size depending on what my analysis gives about the market. It might just range from 0.01-0.2 and also depending on the capital I have at that time. It is not always what is determined at random but dependent on these factors.

1 micro lot size is the best lot that i could afford at the moment, first because that is the lowest and also the only lot size that i could afford right now without much worry and with using my own total capital right now i only risk around 3% of my total capital with that much lot size.

I don't use so much lot size in trading because of the risks that it has. It will be good for you when you are able to earn but the bad one will come when you are not able to earn or when your analysis is not going well. For you to be able to understand how to make a very judicious use of your lot, you need to learn how to make a good Forex trading analysis too.

• 3 weeks later...

True, total capital is important to use how big our lot size i think many traders usually forget about this. 10 lot size is the biggest that many traders even use since it is equal to around 1000000 unit. I think in Meta Trader 10 lot also the biggest size.

I don't use so much lot size in trading because of the risks that it has. It will be good for you when you are able to earn but the bad one will come when you are not able to earn or when your analysis is not going well. For you to be able to understand how to make a very judicious use of your lot, you need to learn how to make a good Forex trading analysis too.

I think, we should use small lot size when trading. We need to know that forex trading is risky. We need to consider with our trading fund in forex trading

Use that only when you have small capital but if you have big amount of capital then you can start using bigger lot size. That will help you a lot as you increase your lot size you only need small amount of pips to get the same or bigger amount of money you targetted before.

• 4 months later...

Use that only when you have small capital but if you have big amount of capital then you can start using bigger lot size. That will help you a lot as you increase your lot size you only need small amount of pips to get the same or bigger amount of money you targetted before.

You can use small lot size even if you have bigger capital, eg: You capital is $10000 but still use 0.01 lot/ micro lot. That is possible because you want as small risk as possible. But i agree with you if our capital is getting bigger then it is good to use bigger lot size too. That will give us more chance to earn in bigger amount.

I use low lots in trading as 0.03 . I never used more than 0.05 per trade. As much you choose higher lot it uses more money as margin from your trading account. With an average investment this lot size is suitable for  me . I can make reasonable profit with it if my analysis is good.

I prefer been aggressive, so I use high lot size and that’s usually around 1.00, I have short targets with this high lot size, but due to tight use of SL, I am able to manage it well and it is also thanks to OctaFX broker for their rebate program, it is a cash back scheme where I am able to get 50% back according to the paid spread, so this means I can short cut any trade early if I feel it is not good for me and due to the cash back policy, I am able to do it with ease. Also, it is only due to this option that I can be aggressive if needed without fearing too much, so it’s all really good for me with them.