Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How many lot size that you use in trading?

Every trader has different view of lot size that they used in single transaction. So what do you think about lot size that you used in single transaction?

How many lot size that you usually used in your method and why do you use that much amount of lot size?

@Nikhil

Yeah, you're right. using high lot size will be risky to our account because it will risk our account to lose higher too.

It's good to use high lot size in scalping, and you should use it in scalping only because you won't lose too much if

you limited your loss with cut loss it when you suffered floating minus.

• 4 weeks later...

Lot sizes in forex trading should depend on the amount of money that we have in our trading accounts, a trader who has 1000 dollars in his account can use a lot size of 2 or 3, but for little amounts like 300 dollars and below, a small lot like 0.20, 0.40 or 0.50 are recommended, for me, i use a lot size of 0.60 in most of my trades.

• 5 weeks later...

I still use .01 lot size at it help me buy several times as i ususally go only long

and when the rates comes down i can buy more and when the trend changes and my trades give legit profit i start closing them.

use a lot with the size like that, it is very safe because the defense is stronger margins than large lots. but please note that the profit generated will also be equal as the lot sizee,, lol

• 2 weeks later...

@boniez

Yes, it's really safe to use 0.01 lot in each of our transaction but it will give us really small amount of profit.

It's okay if we wanted to learn about how to trade well but it's not good for earning. If we wanted to get good profit,

it's better to use 1 lot as the lowest lot size except if you used low leverages.

• 2 weeks later...

I select lot size depending how strong the signal (Parabolic/MACD) if M151H,4H are supporting then i will open a trade of 1 lot . (since i'm a small investor that is my largest lot). Or else i'll open .3/ .5 lots. You have to consider how much risk you are will to take.

Every trader will use different lot size based on how many dollars is capital in trading. It's really important to use proper lot size with your

capabilities to take the risk of losing. And if you wanted to know how many lot sizes, it will depend on how is your style in trading that

you used. If you used short-term trading, usually you will use higher lot size than long-term trading.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most of the time i prefer to use 0.10 lot but when there is some confusion then try to open 0.05 . actually before sometime used big lot size like 1 but for this i lost many and also earn but its more risky . for this now not taking so much risk because now know if there is mistake then its hard to servive long time here.

• 2 weeks later...

@standart

That was good to use small lot size in trading because it will be lower risk for us but it will be lower profits too. It was good as starting point

to know how to get consistent profit and if we could get consistent profit, we can improve our lot size so our profit will be increased too with

same pips that we earned.

To me, various lot sizes are just part of the trading strategy. You can adjust your lot size according to your total account balance if you target a certain percentage of profit. Or you can double or triple your lot size when you are practising strategies such as hedging. For me, I vary my lot size a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use 0.5 lot per trade that cause me a 2% risk of my account. If I can make my account bigger then I will increase my lot size to earn more profit. I feel little unsatisfied with my current trade because I only get small amount of money in my single trade because I have a mini size account. Hope can develop my account into a big and can use this business to fulfill my life.

I use 0.5 lot per trade that cause me a 2% risk of my account. If I can make my account bigger then I will increase my lot size to earn more profit. I feel little unsatisfied with my current trade because I only get small amount of money in my single trade because I have a mini size account. Hope can develop my account into a big and can use this business to fulfill my life.

What account do you use? If it is a standard account you can make a good profits too if you can get many pips in one trading. The best way to make you account bigger in short time is using compound method but i not suggest it cause it is very risky. Maybe you can open more lot for every position cause I see you only risk 2% of margin so it still safe if you can make it 5% on every trading.

I prefer to use the lowest lot size in the first time of my trade but it's not always the lowest lot size that I used.

It will depend on condition of market and also it will depend on style that I used in each condition but mostly I will use

normal lot size (1 lot) with leverage 1:1000 or 1:500 so in each movement, its value will be 10 cents per pips.

I aslo use the leverage 1:500, it makes me can open a bigger lot size. Definitely for new trader will try to use the lowest lot and make them can settle in this forex. Most of them like to compound their lot size and that's will cause a huge loss then got margin call. When I trade in live acc for the first time I use a smallest lot 0.01, it always different feeling to start a trade in live account after demoing in virtual account.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I used the minimum lot size or the smallest lot size which is 0.01. Since it is good for me not to lose easily. And can trade for longer time and able to have analysis and try to figure if its time to close the trade if ever have profit. I dont yet tried higher lot size since i still not that fully understand how small lot size will be used in good trading.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...