Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Long term trading for newbie will be more profitable

euro

we had to be disciplined in trading with maximally, traders can trade with effective analysis certainly result is profit. I also want to be able to get consistency in trading that I did in this TICKMILL while trying to run MM in every trade I did with my ECN accounts at this broker

Agree, discipline to our own trading plan and to stick to it. Some who are lack of emotion control are also lack of their own discipline.

Agree, discipline to our own trading plan and to stick to it. Some who are lack of emotion control are also lack of their own discipline.

Discipline will can to keep better if any trader already having good psychology trading, and how to built good psychology trading here as trader also need good mindset in forex business, don't treat forex like as gambling but must treat forex as business, many gambler they fail and never long run in forex, but trader that alaready treat forex as business and they can work well in trading, they can making good money here

Yes, but if you don't have huge amount of investment, you can try to use cent account to train your money and risk management. Make sure to control your own greed since it's only in cent, not in pure dollars.

Sure it is not such a big deal to me, but the huge investment is a big obstacle. If that is just discipline i am confident that i can follow the strict rules after familiarizing myself with that rules in 3-6 months. Long term however , is good strategy for someone who willing to use it. For me now i don't see why long term is so much profitable to me when i have a better strategy.

• 2 months later...

evaluation is one business that can be carried by the trader. because if we continue to evaluate the self and the ability of our trading, we certainly will continue to look for our own shortcomings and will be improved in other words every time evaluation must be seusatu new and positive that are useful to us in the trading process in order to get their profits maximum .

the best way to newbies is taking learning no matter the approach they will use in trading. however, before decide to become scalper or use other short/long term approach in trading, better if traders start learning to understand the market with long term strategy. traders should learn how to determine the trend first before modify the approach by take advantage from retrace movement.

Indeed long term trading plan making more enjoy I think because although they not monitoring the chart a day or two day still fine because they having long term target, but usually also their stop loss also larger than scalping trader and need strong margin to withstand price movement

Although, it’s fair that long term trading is better for all involved because it’s less risky and also easier to manage as well. However, it’s wrong to think that we can’t succeed with scalping, if we are truly good as trader then technique shouldn’t be any issue because real traders don’t worry about which technique they use. I too don’t worry about scalping or long term trading. I believe it should be all about the situation and we should only trade what’s profitable at the given time. I love to do both accordingly and thanks to OctaFX broker, I find it relatively easier with their lowest possible spread at 0.1 pips while there is also massive cash back that further helps me.

I think we have own choice will trading with short term plan trading or we will prefer trade with long term plan trading, I think short term trading also possible to making profit if any trader already having good experience and knowledge using these strategy, but also we can using long term plan trading as long as we can follow the trend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

well, if we really take advantage of long-term trading, we should really serious in learning and training. thus we will be more able to improve trading skills and management is good and right. I was always trying to improve trading skills I have.

Actually we can trying any kinds system trading even long term trading or short term trading, and we can making comparison which one that better and giving us profitable system and then if we already suitable with these system hence we only need keep discipline

I don't think that long term will make more money than short term, because in few cases or in some cases to be exact short term would be profitable for newbie. Long term requires tedious work, and you need far insight to see will the market not turn against the trend i choose in relatively shorter time? And short term trading only require smaller profits than long terms which usually around hundred pips, right?

I don't think that long term will make more money than short term, because in few cases or in some cases to be exact short term would be profitable for newbie. Long term requires tedious work, and you need far insight to see will the market not turn against the trend i choose in relatively shorter time? And short term trading only require smaller profits than long terms which usually around hundred pips, right?

Indeed all will depending with each trader skill, I am ever reading on certain contest which as winner he play scalping and this is included as short term plan trading and with many accumulation transaction and often making profit then the end result eventually can defeat another strategy even use long term trading straregy, but will depending with each trader skill and sometime one trader can work properly with scalping but another trader become weak if they work as scalping

• 2 weeks later...

Talking about the strategy and how we define that then i must say long term is good in value not short term. I mean in short term trading you may earn something like 20 pips, if not 50 pips, or like 80 pips. But with long term trading the target is bigger, i remember many weekly traders shared their own profit screenshots few years ago, where their account profit was like 200 pips or 230 pips or something like that not less than hundred.

But in sense of stability i still prefer short term, because we can cut the profit faster thus securing our profit, remember this is forex where it full of speculator and the market in some cases harder to predict.

You got the point there, that's make a sense since bigger capital means we can hold bigger floating loss position. I never thought something like that which actually a crucial part. I see that long term trader tend to be a big trader with 4 or 5 digits capital in their account, while short term trader around 3 digits to 4 digits.

But newcomers usually have small capital, i only see few which has bigger capital more than i ever imagine, but that kind of people usually not a newcomer in financial business, like stock trader who convert to a forex trader, so i think that is not really true when someone said that newbie will get more profit with long term trading since aside from skill, it needs bigger capital.