Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Is forex and gambling the same ?

gbengustic

Many people think that forex is gambling because future market uncertain. however, its different when we tried to conduct analysis and make profit probability higher than loss, with we are just guess and rely on luck to point out the result. traders who conduct analysis is trading. while for traders who rely on luck only mean they are just gambling.

maybe they do not understand how to do this trade so they think that forex is a gamble that's why I think it will be very important in this trade before they are involved in the trade must seek to understand the trade well

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, what distinguishes the forex trading with gambling is good money management. In gambling, we do not need a good money management. But forex, we need good money management. If we make trades without good money management, then forex trading is tantamount to gambling.

• 1 month later...

If you really analyze it then its not the same but if you trade on a bad day then losing is just as quick as in gambling so beware. Its very difficult to trade in a bad day or to trade overall. Also it depends on what brokers you trade with too. It just seems that some brokers will make you lose and lose and lose and there is nothing you can do about it. I think they might hedge against you. So beware of many market conditions that makes you lose. The losing is just the same in gambling. 

• 2 weeks later...

Forex trading is usually betting if you don't really know what you do in forex trading. Yet for those who have ability and know the fundamental forex trading rules and methods next you aren't betting the investing. this is why all of us phone our-self merchants but not bettors in forex trading. Because if all of us state all of us risk in forex trading next all of us phone the self bettors.

Do many people try to relate this two thing a lot but to me, they are entirely different things. Gambling is just a game while Forex is a business. That I'd where the bulk of the difference come. No doubt, they might be sharing a lot of things in common but they are simply not the same. For example, I am yet to see someone who takes gambling as his means of earning.

Do many people try to relate this two thing a lot but to me, they are entirely different things. Gambling is just a game while Forex is a business. That I'd where the bulk of the difference come. No doubt, they might be sharing a lot of things in common but they are simply not the same. For example, I am yet to see someone who takes gambling as his means of earning.

I believe that Forex and gambling cannot be the same. In Forex business, you make use of your experience and skills whereas in gambling most of the time you need luck only, except in some markets where you have to use experience and skills. Despite Forex is a risky job, it is not as risky as gambling. If you know very well about Forex trading then there are much chances of making profits and people do get rich with Forex only, whereas I don't know much people who got rich with gambling only.

Forex and Gambling are not the same. Gambling is a game of chance with expectations to make huge sums of money. The underlying effects (panic, fear, greed, anxiety, e.t.c.) are the same but much greater for gamblers. Unfortunately some Forex Trader trade the market in a gambling manner, which is wrong.

Forex trading requires lots of intellect and experience. If you are right you are right and if you're wrong you're wrong.

Gambling is not a good investment as it can be addictive lacks moral ethics.

• 2 weeks later...

in gambling, profit and loss chance will always remain 50/50. while in trading, traders can make profit chance or probability higher than 50%. with analysis and knowledge about market, traders can predict the next price movement outcome in accurate way. so, traders not necessary to rely on luck to point out the outcome. because they are not guessing.

Forex and gambling are not the same thing but they look like they are the same thing. Forex will give a trader the chance to make profit more than gambling because gambling is a lucky game. When a gambler is gambling, he or she is depending on luck. When a trader is trading he or she is depending on the analysis.

• 4 weeks later...

No I would not agree with this point that forex trading and gambling are the same, forex trading is in means of investment same with gambling other than that I do not think that there would be any other similarity in gambling we only need money to invest not any other much knowledge, forex is more harder than gambling as well.

Forex trading and gambling can never be the same so what I know is that if you just want to get something that is good then accept learning when you accept learning then you can easyly get succees easyly as compare to when you dont have knowledge gambling is just a luck base game

@standart, I think that's really one of the main points to behold. There is no chance to manage risks when it comes to gambling while in Forex, you can still control and manage your risks well and make a better outcome when it comes to results. Trading in Forex is just parallel to gambling because gambling is a winner takes it all thing.

• 2 weeks later...

we all deal with possibilities which it could turn to profit or loss result. basically all trading business could be gambling. though we are manage the risk, we has chance to get loss still. the only way to make it different is we has a plan and strategy before make decision. and not just guessing.

There are so many ties binding them together which might make one assume to a great extent that the both of them are of the same way but in the real sense, a lot of difference abound too. Yes, it's all about probabilities and the ability or tendency to lose but not all really lose out of it completely the way it is in gambling.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a general concept of many people on Forex that Forex is gambling where as some people say that Forex is betting and few say that Forex is like stock market,  but they are completely different to each other in many respects. May be it is true that there is a role of luck in all of them still they have grate difference in them both in presumption, speculation, calculation, statistical analysis and many more factors too.

Both are different thing. Do we need have analyzing skills and managing skills in gambling? I think gambles just rely on luck only. They do not control themselves, control their emotions. Forex trading is better than gambling. We also do not need to trade if we invest our money in PAMM account to earn money. And we also must improve our trading skills if we want to get maximal result. I also improve my skills by taking part in demo contest by maximizing demo account from TenkoFx.

• 2 months later...

for me forex and gambling it is very different. to be able to get profit from forex, we need to have a lot of skill and a good trading psychology to make good trading analysis while gambling, we do not need to analyze it to make a profit. and gambling, it does not have a science while  forex having science

for me forex and gambling it is very different. to be able to get profit from forex, we need to have a lot of skill and a good trading psychology to make good trading analysis while gambling, we do not need to analyze it to make a profit. and gambling, it does not have a science while  forex having science

Its two different things gambling and forex. Forex is buying and selling, so you're right. But in forex, we can see the transactions transparently and less cheating whereas there are markedly apparent cheating in all gambling so its very risky due to cheating. Also, you can't stop loss your bad cards but you can stop loss a bad trade. You can leverage in forex so you can't do that in gambling and you pay heavy interest and need good credit in order to leverage. They're two different things. You can buy low and sell high in long term and gain but you can't do that in gambling.

• 2 weeks later...

Trading forex and gambling will not be the same.

Forex is trading. U sell something (others called it 'open position). Then close it at some interval time.

Gambling is betting. You put some money to bet a possibly depend on luck.

So, there's a big solid difference between them.