Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Should I put a lot of indicators on my trading chart?

flybiz08

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is better to become an expert in using one or two kind of indicators at most, trying them is not a bad thing but that should be done in the demo account so we should not go for this approach in the real account since things get confused in this manner and so there is a high chance of loss due to it.

• 1 month later...

we are put a lot of indicators since we are want to get complete information, regarding with current situations and potential next movement of market. however, too many indicators make us to be over analysis usually. the best is remain simple, put necessary indicators only which enabling us to get clear sight regarding with next potential movement of market.

standard: Well, to certain extent that is right that if we want to get more information putting more indicators is one of the solution, but it is not always like that, it also could lead to confusion and also sometimes different indicators is oppose to each other and that is not good isn't it? To me just put around as much as 4 or if you must 5 indicators at the same pair.

• 2 weeks later...

it depends, but my opinion it is enough two or three indicators such as moving average and stoacastic is enough. don't complicated you trade wth fancy colurful indicators. make it simple as you can.

You are right, many traders just cannot see the advantage that they could get with a clean chart. Also use too many trading indicators can make your head dizzy because many things that you need to oversee first, like you said 2 or 3 indicators alone is enough.

• 4 months later...

Too crowd and really bad it is a bad idea for you and never do that. It is better to stick with few (but not so much). You can focusing yourself more to trading and analysis rather than distracted by a lot of less important aspect such as  more indicators.

• 2 months later...

How to choose a Forex Broker

ow to choose a Forex Broker: Nowadays can be very difficult, specially if you are a Novice Trader and it’s your first time to choose a Broker to use for your Trading Activity. We suggest you to do not rush: you have plenty of time to choose a Forex Broker and it’s better losing few hours more to wisely pick a good Forex Broker instead of finding yourself, after that you will have done you decision, with a “shady” Forex Broker or a Scam Forex Broker and loosing your money. After reading this article, we would suggest you reading this other article: Shady & Scam Forex Broker, so that you will understand more on how easy is to run a Scam Forex Broker and then, how to avoid these types of Brokers.

to know more: http://alpari.com/

Well i don't see any reason why putting a lot of indicators could help trader a lot compared when you don't put that much indicators. Just as i said before it will make the screen crowd and in the end it will make you harder to focus with your trading.

A lot of indicators will never help the trader but there are those who think that because indicators are signs of signals, putting so much of it will make them successful but this thing is not true because so much clustering of the chart will only lead you to more and more losses and you will end up losing more also.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I am not in favor of that, I feel it is a horrible thing to enter too much and that is always going to lead into trouble, if we want to be successful then we must put only quality stuff, it’s always better than quantity. I am using Nova FX broker where I have got excellent platform where I can put all the useful indicators like Moving Average or Bollinger Band while I usually avoid all the other ones.

As a newbie, the person is bound to ask so many questions in other to get the best when it comes to skills. As a matter of fact, it is even recommended that newbies always ask questions in other to also understand things about Forex well enough so that they can always make better choices and decision when trading. Lack of understanding has always been the major reason so many find it difficult moving to the success line.

Newbies can also learn how to be fundamental traders and with this one, they will not need to have clusters of indicators. Trading with indicators is optional and when we talk about using so much indicators, it is the choice of the trader and it varies from trader to trader because while there are those that like it so much, there are some that do not like it at all.

That is a really bad idea to put a lot of indicator imagine there are more than 5 indicators on the chart alone, will you be able to read the trend quickly?. I am not favouring this way because it just make a trader become dizzy, just 2 to 3 indicators used, and this could have an impact fine on the trader.

• 3 months later...

This is so wrong. Putting a lot of indicators in your chart would only lead to confusion, such state would be so bad for traders and reduce their chance to make more profits. I think a trader that cannot make their trading strategy or analysis as simple as they can be without sacrifice its accuracy still cannot obtain optimized profit.

This against our common sense. Well as long as you put the right amount of indicators on your trading charts everything won't going wrong. As far as i know around 3-5 charts should be good but it is better to choose not just one type of indicators, it is better to have more than one type.

Yes, against our common sense and that isn't an effective method for traders since would leave many confusion to traders and maybe there is or are problems where the signal isn't match to each others. I recommmend just 3-4 indicators, if you want to combine old and new. Usually 2-3 indicators already enough.

• 1 month later...

Confusion will only wait trader in the end if they insist to put a lot of indicators you can ask many traders all of them prefer not so much indicators so they could achieve simplicity and also accuracy at the same time. Many newbie think that put a lot of indicators will always or often give accurate prediction but in contrast usually it doesn't.

When you see too many indicators you are confused. reading may differ from one another so try to add 1 or 2 indicators if you like any. Make your analysis not rely only on indicators for trading. I think one should get just help from these tools they are not final for getting positive results.

@onyx: But there are some indicators that complement each others, give trader a better insight of trend and with that a trader may predict movement in accurate way rather than just employ one indicator. But as i said before put too much or a lot of indicators will lead to confusion, just put in right amount 2, 3 or even up to 4 or 5 are enough.

This is so wrong an action where trader will surely confuse theirselves, if you don't believe me just try it. I tried it before and the result is so confusing 10 indicators and what i get confusion since there are some convincing indicator which contracted to each other and i don't now what i have to do. I simply withdraw from my trading's chance for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Just LEAD to CONFUSION, I don't think 5 or even more indicators would help traders to achieve an accurate prediction of one trend. It is not really simple also one indicator could give the bull result while the other gives bearish result. What do you think you would do in this kind of situation?