Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

why some pairs moves so slow?

Why some pairs moves slow is because of the liquidity problem or if not there are few people who speculate there makes the price rise slowly. Yes, there are some low liquidity pairs that moves so great but only during certain times and because that is popular currency too.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just like the world isn't it? Some fast some slow, some big some small. Usually pairs that move slow because there are lack of people who do buy and sell so the price tend to move in narrow range only and this is what people called as sideways, only 1-10 pips and then move back and the so on.

It is just like the world isn't it? Some fast some slow, some big some small. Usually pairs that move slow because there are lack of people who do buy and sell so the price tend to move in narrow range only and this is what people called as sideways, only 1-10 pips and then move back and the so on.

But i think you don't answer the question why some pairs moves so slow compared to the others You just stated the fact. If you know lack of liquidity also let the price to soar further and more volatile then high liquidity especially when two sides keep pulling the price and make a zig zag movement.

This is mainly to do with their countries activity, so basically if there is any news it going to make the pair move more, but there are certain pairs (countries) which are stable and you won’t find too many surprises as say with Dollar, Euro or these sort of currencies where you will get surprise stuff every now and then. So, this is another reason why you see pairs moving slowly since there are investors very comfortable and relax and that shows in stable movements. I love to trade on violate pairs like EJ or UJ, it helps me with scalping while I am already getting a lot of benefit with low spreads, high leverage and many more such benefits with OctaFX.

They move slow because they might be low demanding pairs like some of the ones on the list that not a lot of traders trade cause of high spread or stagnant growth or being unpopular which will all lead to lower price. They move slow also cause the relationship between them is not too far off so they pretty much move in the same direction. Like the gbp and euro. They pretty much flow in the same direction economically. So there isn't much to move among themselves but pairs with differences in economics will move very sharply. 

• 2 months later...

Well according to the FreshForex mentors, the reason why some pair move so slow is due to some economics factors which affect the currency and make the currency move at the particular time,as for me I dont think that there is any other thing which do make currency or pair to move slowly except the economic factors of the country.

I only do see this movement in a pair called usd/jpy this movement is base on yen so there is no point to be thinking of it so never give up always wait for the right time for you to trade and this is what that produce success

On last few month pair usdjpy has good movement with high average movement, usually this pair has low spread, and will profitable for trader if they can analyze the trend market properly, but as trader also need pay attention wth news that related with usd and jpy because sometime techncial anaysis not work on news high impact

It depends on which pair you’re talking about, if you talk about major pairs like EUR/USD then it moves slowly because there are so many  traders there up working, so it’s obvious that when there is so much trading going on, we will see the pair been stable, but obviously you can’t call that slow, but if there is clear one way terrific for positive or negative side then we will obviously find huge movement quickly, so we got to be careful of all these things in order to succeed. I like trading on pairs like EUR/JPY especially when scalping and thanks to OctaFX broker with their tiny spread from 0.1 pips, It’s ever easier especially during tough situations or news time.

So it is just the matter of words? Well, i think trend is predicted with using all analysis which we could use, not to mention some pairs usually moves slow because of low rate liquidity, this is normal if youhave small amount of traders to drive the price then it won't make much movement. Aside from that this pair usually doesn't have much speculator, it is moving but not so much.

@myregisterd, what do you mean by that word, yes I agree with you that forex trading need our analysis without good analysis you can never get anything successful so the first step and the first thing first is enable your indicators to get the right market signal

Analysis is the right and best thing which any trader need here if you never know how to trade then retake a course on fundamental and technical analysis which this can produce to you a very good respond and it is the best step for us

It is what that happen here some pair do move very slow it is the way to build a better understanding and ensure that you win forex is not that easy but first of all learn with passion to understand things here the most some pair will always move slowly because you never can tell what will happen to the country economic

• 1 month later...

Yes the economic of any country must surely affect the forex exchange because for example when the u.s economic is down the dollar will experience free fall and this affect the currency and other currency to be exchange to it

It is the matter of liquidity, some currency such as GBPUSD has many people trade with it and also EURUSD. I see both currency as one of the currency which has highest movement. If many people speculate in relatively shorter time then it means the pair will move towards the speculated position and create volatility in the market which moving the price.

It is the matter of liquidity, some currency such as GBPUSD has many people trade with it and also EURUSD. I see both currency as one of the currency which has highest movement. If many people speculate in relatively shorter time then it means the pair will move towards the speculated position and create volatility in the market which moving the price.

Yes logically if pair major which many trader choose to traded will has good average movement due volume demand and supply will arise, and if any pair move slowly, it's mean on the market not occured big volume trasnaction because up and down currency will depending also with demand and supply in the market, but there are cross pair also often occur good average movement but spread is higher like as on gbpjpy

Well, i don't think we need always be keep patient about this case, we also can be aggressive which of course depend on the time. In this case if the pair move slowly we could be aggressive, just look at scalper when the market is calmer they become more aggressive to take small profit open and close position and usuallly open more than one position.

I don't like too much aggressive in trading, open multiple order like as scalping with small target might easy to achieved logically, but actually we never know when the trend will begin, sometime suddenly to breakout and open multiple order also will increasing the risk