Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

why some pairs moves so slow?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a function of the transaction volume. It is the volatility of any pair that gives rise to the pace of movement of the pair. That is why it sounds as if the GBP/USD, EUR/USD are the most volatile and the most traded. Those popular pairs will definitely move faster.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure this thing will be because some of the pairs are more popular than the others and it will make them to move faster than the others. When a pair is popular in the forex market, the movement is going to increase more than the one that is not popular because of the demand of that particular pair.

Yes, some pairs are just more liquid than the others. When we come to pairs like pairing the base currency which us the US dollar and some unpopular currencies new Zealand dollar or singaporian dollar, they are bound to move slowly considering a lot of factors.

• 2 weeks later...

exotic pair serve good result but it for long period of time. it move very slow which not enabling traders to implement scalping method. if want to catch quick profit from market, traders should choose to trade on major pairs. it has good daily average range movement. 50 pips or more around.

Theirs many major pairs that we can trade and all have potential to become volatile. Theirs some thing that trigger a pair to become volatile. One is that most pair end up making big volatility if theirs a chance in government rules and policy in both political and economic consideration. This is the main reason why we need to learn how to do fundamental analysis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because of their nature !

you have to learn more about their owner econmic ! 

Their nature? owner economics? Its seems you totally have no idea what your talking about. Forex trading has no nature. Theirs nothing natural in here. And theirs no owners in forex trading as well. The main reason why theirs a volatility is because of supply and demand. The more supply and the more the demand the more volatile the pair is.

• 2 weeks later...

Some cross currencies move very slowly, and the trend is good. Other cross currency pairs move very quickly, and more than 100 average daily pips.l want to ask you a very dynamic movement is on the USD / JPY on a daily basis, only a small movement, so that "they are very flexible, as some pairs.

Each pair in Forex market has its own nature. There must be different volatility on every time. Major pairs may move faster than other pairs. And cross pairs may move slower. The reason behind this should be a logical reasons related to correlation. I like to trade in London Session and when the high news will be release

I imagine that is nearly proper. If there are a lot of transactions then the gain is apparently greater or movement will be better. Perhaps you enter in a Erroneous time or Erroneous industry time or Incorrect times when its lousy. I mean motion is different every day you realize. No two days are exactly the same and if there are news that inadequately impact the pairs then much less people would also purchase. 

Its depends on supply and demands and political and economic policies of that country. If the economy is good and theirs a lot of demands then I'm sure the activity will going to increase and I'm so sure I will going to end up making big profit in forex trading. But if the market is trading sideway I don't suggest it as its more risky if the market shift.

Forex is controlled by liquidity and market movement. The main reason some pairs move slow is just the demand of the pair and the other factors which move the market. Those popular pairs move faster because they are in very high demand and that is as well, the major reason their spread is low.

• 3 months later...

Because the pair does not have much trader yet. The volume of trading is low there. This is not same like iliquidity but just the volume which is low. If you find time like this it is better not to open a position, i advice to keep waiting or close your platform and called it end for today.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Forex is controlled by liquidity and market movement. The main reason some pairs move slow is just the demand of the pair and the other factors which move the market. Those popular pairs move faster because they are in very high demand and that is as well, the major reason their spread is low.

Even there is movement i think that won't be so high, lack of liquidity what makes the price is move so high even it is moving. Pairs that moving slow also because there are demand it is really bad for the currency but it seems only currency that is not so popular.

You can see that there are some pairs that moving slowly around yes that is because lack of demand. People that for example sell will make the price lower and if there are more people that sell the price might be fall even lower, so this is demand and supply that affect one pair so great.