Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Take Profit.. Worthy?

Tariq777

Take profit is worthy provided that it is something that you do in other to be sure you have gotten a positive part of the business. The main dream of a trader is to make profit from the market and the best way to make that profit work out for you is when you have the skills to trade. Take profit is a good means to take advantage of the market and this is only possible when the trader understands how to make this work.

Many people will realize about it sooner or later, take profit as far as i know still worthy for a lot o trader no matter what. TP in fact is one of the best feature that exist aside from SL, with TP people don't have to worry about their greediness and i think they can control it

• 1 month later...

Many people will realize about it sooner or later, take profit as far as i know still worthy for a lot o trader no matter what. TP in fact is one of the best feature that exist aside from SL, with TP people don't have to worry about their greediness and i think they can control it

SL and TP as far as i know still worthy for trader. Since trader can minimize the risk and able to trade better with this kind of feature, before you must stay awake to cut the profit or your loss but right now thanks to invention of Stop Loss and Take Profit you don't have to do that, also to be honest the precision of TP and SL are bigger than manual click of human.

You seems right, before no one get TP and it means we must cut the profit by ourselves, there is no just leave and let it work strategy. So far, i think it is worthy for trader to use it even maybe they said it won't be so flexible for them but it is worth. for trader's time and make their trading is easier.

You seems right, before no one get TP and it means we must cut the profit by ourselves, there is no just leave and let it work strategy. So far, i think it is worthy for trader to use it even maybe they said it won't be so flexible for them but it is worth. for trader's time and make their trading is easier.

I don't know what was happened, but with TP people don't have to cut the profit by theirselves, we don't have to stare computer for long period. Overall, i must say it is useful but there are few cases where TP is not worthy for example when you can't reach your TP and the price suddenly go towards your SL, if you do it manually you can cut the loss and still make profit.

Yeah of course it is definitely worthy to use Take Profit, it is ideal way to keep the risk factor gain and have more chance of success while another benefit is that we will never be required to make larger investment, it’s just perfect way to step up on the gas as far success is concerned, but we definitely need to make sure we have plenty of knowledge and experience to make it work. I trade with OctaFX broker where I can use TP or SL without any worry given that they are a true ECN broker, so there is no risk of manipulation or anything like that and that really helps me trade at my best, so that’s why I love to work with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Take Profit is simply worthy tools for each traders, it is a decent yet very useful. For my cases i can depend on it since my click isn't so fast and also i already calculated how much i want to get per trading that i open, and i will set it in TP. It also limit my greediness and control it for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

As worthy as stop loss, take profit also will be able to optimized trader's trading. With this optimization trader won't have to think twice when trade and the good thing is that you don't have to keep monitoring your account over and over again. It is just simply open and place TP.

Yeah, I definitely believe take profit is a good tool to have because we can’t be around the market forever, I do know about mobile trading and all that, but we at least have sleep for 6-8 hours a day, so in that period, I believe it is vital that we know we are in safe zone and that can happen when we learn to use SL/TP wisely, it is also about confidence and experience. I use SL all the time while for TP, I don’t use it too often given that mostly my SL is like my TP, I set it on 15 pips from the opened target, it is of course if it gets into profits and I have no fear of manipulation, as I am working with OctaFX broker, it is a 11 times award winning company.

Of course you don't have to see the monitor over and over again, this is what makes take profit is just another worthy feature to manage our own money and risk. This important for many kind of traders no matter what is their status, are they pros or newbie all of them need take profit.

• 2 weeks later...

From over the other feature metatrader has i see only 2 features which give significant impact to traders. Those are either Stop Loss or Take Profit. Those two feature are worthy for traders to take not just once but for each trading they do. As long as trader set it up their risk management would be wrong.

• 2 months later...

As long as you can reach that take profit @kim. There is a time when the price is keep moving to your take profit but what happened suddenly the price step by step getting further against your position and ended up to pass your SL not your TP. Is this means that TP is worthy? Maybe you could think that if i keep monitoring my position i could cut my position later before it passed SL.

That would be really bad for you and for the others, well TP isn't a guarantee that you will reach it and make profit from it. There's no such a guarantee for that and that is why it's not really necessary. I myself prefer TP only to cut profit so if in this case i am totally greedy but in fact the most which closed my position is Trailing Stops.

Absolutely worthy, I strongly believe that the person who is able to figure out the right take profit and stop loss point is going to be a successful trader. Over the years, I have learned one thing very well and that’s about strategies and methods, it’s never ever going to be possible to create any strategy that gives 100% results, so this means we got to know when to exit wrong trades, the moment we learn this then even the average strategy could turn out to be absolutely brilliant, but without this even greatest strategies will look useless. I always create various strategies and due to OctaFX broker with their demo contest, I’m able to regularly do it with full of enjoyment!

If your take profit works well then that is worthy, but if no that is a mess. Not your TP to be exact but your strategy which is a mess. Overall, take profit should be taken as a good investment for all people. With take profit you shouldn't stay awake for few hours just for the sake to cut your profit. Just let your TP do it for you.

both of them are Important, you should to use a specified take profit and stop loss.

also it depends on the opened order, if it is going with the main trend, so you can make the take profit big.

in other side you should to use stop loss which must be lower than the take profit, because if you put a stop loss higher than take profit you will be have a total losses higher than the profits in all of your trades.

• 4 weeks later...

If the both which we are talking right now is Take Profit and Stop Loss then that is worthy, but actually i prefer to see my position to hit my take profit rather than stop loss, or at least it would hit my Trailing Stop rather than SL. SL is the worst thing i should see but with SL i don't have to stay in front of computer like forever. So my conclusion is that take profit is totally worthy.

Of course you don't have to see the monitor over and over again, this is what makes take profit is just another worthy feature to manage our own money and risk. This important for many kind of traders no matter what is their status, are they pros or newbie all of them need take profit.

With put take profit in our trades, and also stop loss, hence although we can't always  have time to minitoring account, but still forget enjoy and comfortale because already have plan trading with use risk management and target profit, but also will better maybe if trader have reasonable target profit

Take profit means make our trading more automatic and there is nothing wrong with it. TP still worthy as long as you planned to get bigger profit. If your profit is small enough, just say around 5-15 pips then you can skip that it is better to cutting your profit. SL also is a good automatized way stopping loss.

Nothing wrong as long as you can reap profit from it. If you don't? That is not really good for you. I do recommend TP with Trailing Stops. This would give you much more benefit, since if you cannot reach your TP but on the positive floating positions, you still able to reap profit when the price is against you.

• 3 weeks later...

Take profit is worthy tools which we should take for granted and should use it in each trading, not just it make our trading easier later but also take profit provide us a worthy way to earn money, you don't have to think so much about the profit and focusing more on how to make profit rather than cut the profit.

some think its no worthy while others do, i mean it works both ways, lately im trying to do trades with no SL or TP its risky but it has its perks, on the other hand most my trades are pre determined parameters and i stick to it no matter the out comes, having no sl or TP can be disastrous especially if one cant keep an eye on the trade all the time, but so far trades are doing good on my hotforex account, no complaints, for newbies i would say stick to your SL and TP.