Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

therefore in choosing the leverage it has to be adapted to the abilities and conditions of our trading psychology, if we are an emotional then it would be better if you choose to trade using small leverage. so we will be able to avoid trading with greed

Also you need to look of how much money you have in your account, if you have small capital then using higher leverage is the only way so you can afford at least one micro lot and does not have to spend more.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@myregister you are right that we also need to see how much our account balance is before selecting the leverage for our trade since if the amount is minimal first of all it is not good to trade with very low amounts but instead a little more investment should be added and trade should be made with normal balance using low leverage.

I think that managed accounts are somewhat better for newbies, newbies should probably try to give as much time as possible to demo account meanwhile enjoy little profit by managed accounts if they so desperately want returns from forex trading. They can in the time increase their skills.

I think that managed accounts are somewhat better for newbies, newbies should probably try to give as much time as possible to demo account meanwhile enjoy little profit by managed accounts if they so desperately want returns from forex trading. They can in the time increase their skills.

Yes, beginners must learn from demo account because there will be many knowledge and more trading experience that we will get. If we want to use real account, small amount is very recommended. Try to use cent account in TenkoFx.

Lower leverage is a self-built wall by us, it hardly makes a difference to me, if we have knowledge, experience, skills and enough patience than high or low leverage, it does not matter. Yes, for a newbie that has no control over him it’s wise to use a very low leverage, so even if he wants to use high lot he won’t be able to.

I always feel to have self-control instead of this stuff. I trade with OctaFX and they have all the facilities available for us to use. They have high and flexible leverage up to 1.500 and we can trade with just 5 USD minimum, so for beginners that is perfect way to start their careers and if results are encouraging than they could continue.

I also think so. Newbies should go for a lower leverage which apparently means a lower risk. Forex is risky and it is wiser to be cautious of this risk during trade as that is the only way a trader can get the best from the market without having to lose all of his or her trading capital to it. Lower leverage ensures a lower concentration of risks in the business.

I also think so. Newbies should go for a lower leverage which apparently means a lower risk. Forex is risky and it is wiser to be cautious of this risk during trade as that is the only way a trader can get the best from the market without having to lose all of his or her trading capital to it. Lower leverage ensures a lower concentration of risks in the business.

Lower leverage is a self-built wall by us, it hardly makes a difference to me, if we have knowledge, experience, skills and enough patience than high or low leverage, it does not matter. Yes, for a newbie that has no control over him it’s wise to use a very low leverage, so even if he wants to use high lot he won’t be able to.

I always feel to have self-control instead of this stuff. I trade with OctaFX and they have all the facilities available for us to use. They have high and flexible leverage up to 1.500 and we can trade with just 5 USD minimum, so for beginners that is perfect way to start their careers and if results are encouraging than they could continue.

I agree with your first paragraph, at first people said 1:100 or as high as 1:200 is good but after i learn more and experiecing loss and profit i see that high leverage is better, especially if you know what you are going to do and just spend what you want to spend, Unfortunately my broker only offers 1:400 as the highest leverage.

Excellent little leverage to trade us especially if we have a bad trading psychology it is advisable to trade with low leverage. but it depends on the ability of each trader if we are able to control emotions well then trading with high leverage is also very beneficial

Excellent little leverage to trade us especially if we have a bad trading psychology it is advisable to trade with low leverage. but it depends on the ability of each trader if we are able to control emotions well then trading with high leverage is also very beneficial

If you have good control over your emotion and also stick with your strategy i think using higher leverage isn't bad at all, just like what jacob said, lower leverage is just self built wall especially for someone who can control their emotion fully.

Lower leverage is something we should use in two terms, first is the time when we do not have much skills and knowledge while second is the thing when our investment or capital is big in our account that is the time we should not risk our investments with big leverages since losses could be high in that time and it could wash our accounts.

• 1 month later...

Lower leverage is something we should use in two terms, first is the time when we do not have much skills and knowledge while second is the thing when our investment or capital is big in our account that is the time we should not risk our investments with big leverages since losses could be high in that time and it could wash our accounts.

I will prefer the second one if you ask me. When my investment is big enough maybe around 5 or 6 digits of USD i will lower it even 1:25. I never want to use 1:1 since that means no leverage but 1:50 already enough with that much total equity plus we still need high risk in order to obtain bigger profit.

I will prefer the second one if you ask me. When my investment is big enough maybe around 5 or 6 digits of USD i will lower it even 1:25. I never want to use 1:1 since that means no leverage but 1:50 already enough with that much total equity plus we still need high risk in order to obtain bigger profit.

Lower leverage is better because it will help us to keep discipline. Although we can get more chance if we use high leverage, but it also will make trader will loss control, even we will be tempted to use big lot size when trading.

"Invite your friend, get $10 and win $5,000"

• 2 weeks later...

Lower leverage is better because it will help us to keep discipline. Although we can get more chance if we use high leverage, but it also will make trader will loss control, even we will be tempted to use big lot size when trading.

"Invite your friend, get $10 and win $5,000"

That doesn't have any correlation, i am trading with high leverage now(1:400) but still discipline and never trade more than 2 micro lot size. Even there is a chance to make profit like such a big news impact. That is right that high leverage is tempting but with lower leverage you won't be go anywhere and discipline is not all about leverage, it is all about the chance and also yourself.

newbies in learning phase still and thus, risky if they are use big capital to trade. better if they are spend the money they can afford to lose only. and due to that they are use small capital, will be better if they are trade by use small leverage ratio. which enabling them to trade with minimum lot size value.

If you have good control over your emotion and also stick with your strategy i think using higher leverage isn't bad at all, just like what jacob said, lower leverage is just self built wall especially for someone who can control their emotion fully.

yes, it is the key to a good trading psychology. By having a good trading psychology that trading using high leverage will be very profitable indeed. but if we do not have a good trading psychology it is too dangerous if we are trading with high leverage

yes, it is the key to a good trading psychology. By having a good trading psychology that trading using high leverage will be very profitable indeed. but if we do not have a good trading psychology it is too dangerous if we are trading with high leverage

All traders should have a good psychology, at least they could sustain their earning. Also with a good psychology something like you said would coming true. Lower Leverage in this case less than 1:100, is bad for new traders. As for advice, i think maybe they can stick with 1:100 first.

All traders should have a good psychology, at least they could sustain their earning. Also with a good psychology something like you said would coming true. Lower Leverage in this case less than 1:100, is bad for new traders. As for advice, i think maybe they can stick with 1:100 first.

Of course. It will make us be able to control our emotion when trading. For trading psychology, trader can try to use small amount to test it. We also can hone our management skills using small amount. In TenkoFx, trader can try to maximize cent account.

low leverage ratio mean that we are has chance to trade with minimum lot size. though we are has small capital, we will able to make capital stand sustainable. but if we are has big capital, we can choose to trade with big leverage ratio. and get chance to generate big profit even in single trade.

low leverage ratio mean that we are has chance to trade with minimum lot size. though we are has small capital, we will able to make capital stand sustainable. but if we are has big capital, we can choose to trade with big leverage ratio. and get chance to generate big profit even in single trade.

But your profit will be low and also if you have small capital you cannot even trade all, also with lower leverage you need bigger money as margin, 1000 lot with 1:100= $10 while with 1:400 you only need to spend $2.5 as margin, see i think you know about it, about the sustainability that is depend on a trader how to manage the risk.

trading using high leverage I think it is more profitable than trading with low leverage. the most important thing we can use it well. So that the maximum result we can get. for that I prefer trading with leverage 1: 1000 of instaforex

Leverage 1:500 is enough for me. We still be able to trade using that leverage, even trader also can start trading with small amount because there is leverage in forex. In TenkoFx, trader can try to maximize maximum leverage with  $10 using in cent account

If you don't mind how much your total equity right now? If that is around hundred dollars then my recommendation is around 1:200-1:1000 if you prefer that high, but if your total equity is more than $1000 then 1:100 still fine and to the lower but if i am at that position i will lowering a bit or even keep the current leverage because this is so profitable.