Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How many pips is your daily target?

I don't target pips earning anymore. I just do hedging and either way I don't mind what direction the price goes as I'm sure I will going to earn and make money. In forex trading its all about strategy and not about our target earnings. Because we don't really know what will going to happen next and the best way to earn good amount of money in forex is via our strategy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only target of 20pips in trading profits every day and I never take a trade advantage over it because I'm learning consistent with the benefits I get, and also trying to control the emotions trading well, despite the advantages that I get is not too large but the target is not too big Inio can I minimize my risk on the trade

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have daily target but on average right now I do make 100 pips daily profit in all six accounts that I have right now. And so far I'm happy with how much I earn and the best part is that I can earn more than that on volatile day. I hope I can make good income month after month after month. Right now forex trading is very important source of my income.

• 2 weeks later...

This means that you have a very good working strategy which you can use to get this because as far as I know if you trade without a good working strategy then the chances of making that much is slim.

As for me the pips which i do make and target per day is just 20pips in my two account and sometime i made more than that sometime i dont.

there is no fix target because according to my trading system, every level price is possibility continuation and in other hand, every level price is possibility retracement. my target is when the price movement momentum already over. I will keep hold my order if still there is movement momentum.

• 1 month later...

What we can see here, if we are old and long enough to trade on forex trading here, we can not make the daily target based on pip too high. Because every day here, the market is moving different. Sometimes, the market can move in high volatility here, if there is high impact news. Sometimes not.

My target for pips depends upon the market conditions and the trading strategy I am using. When my investment is small I usually do scalping with high leverage and try to capture over 100 pips in a series of trades which would come to around 5 or more in a single transaction. However when My trade is news driven I keep the leverage small and do not compromise anything less than 50 pips. therefore I am always flexible and try to adapt to the market conditions.

• 8 months later...

I don't have a daily pips target since the market is so unpredictable, I can only have profit as a goal. As long as I make money, I will keep at it. Forex is a profitable business but it does come with risks too so I think we can all make some bucks daily. That is good enough for me. As long as I make money I will not complain about it. I do not think I will reach my desired target pips though.

I don't have a daily pips target since the market is so unpredictable, I can only have profit as a goal. As long as I make money, I will keep at it. Forex is a profitable business but it does come with risks too so I think we can all make some bucks daily. That is good enough for me. As long as I make money I will not complain about it. I do not think I will reach my desired target pips though.

i guess you are like me,i dont have a daily target as well,though the market is always moving up and down and one might think the market will be moving in one direction and it will move in the other direction,i guess the market is about the situation and we analyze the market to our understanding

well friends yes looking to repeating this in addition to obtaining accomplishment but really i don't like to state that 10 to 15 pips daily is my target and i focus on this in addition to each day. i start 3 to 5 trade but some time i not open any trade as well.

well friends yes looking to repeating this in addition to obtaining accomplishment but really i don't like to state that 10 to 15 pips daily is my target and i focus on this in addition to each day. i start 3 to 5 trade but some time i not open any trade as well.

I think 10 to 15 pip is not too hard per trade. It can move that much as a scalper but if you do long term trading like per day you can get up to 90 pips so that is better and less risky and less stressful cause if you enter the market low enough, you will be able to sell it higher at the afternoon when market is moving upward naturally by popular demand so you will make good profit for sure. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

each trader have their own target, some traders maybe only prefer 10 pips per day or 20 pips, but for me i don't trade daily so i will answer that i don't have daily target but i only have per position target. Well, each position that i trade i hope to get at least 30 pips depend on the news that released by market, so if that is NFP or GDP news usually i will set more than 50 pips target like 60-80 pips.

• 2 weeks later...

There are pips per profit goals for some people but for me I don't think I can make any money from it at all. I think I have goals but I can never reach it since the market is so bad sometimes even a ten pips goals is not doable so I just take whatever that will come my way. I think making money is hard if you have to get a certain point and more so when it comes to forex. Forex is too risky to make sure that I can have my goals. 

• 3 weeks later...

When i haven't any preset volume of everyday focus on when it comes to Foreign currency trading. On the other hand, when i am a intranet trader I do love to consider 30-40 pips benefit from my personal every positions and carry out look for win these kinds of 3-4 positions in one day this means I do focus on in relation to 100-120 pips everyday even though exchanging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I used to make a minimum of ten pips in each of my trade that I want to make. I target ten pips and when I am able to scalp on a very good day, I can be able to make up to twenty pips and close my position in other for me not to over trade. This target help me to stay focused.

You are right, sometimes having a pip target can really lead one to over trade and that is why it is important that we try and trade according to what the market brings. It is not all days that we will make profit and at such times when the going is tough, we just have to accept the circumstances the way it is rather than pushing hard.

@Decub you are talking as if you are not a trader anymore trading forex like that will make you become a gambler and that is you dont have a trading plan it is important to have a good trading plan when its come to forex trading market.

No matter how the pips target is small we need to have it and my daily target is always 20.....50pips if cant make it up to that i exit my trade when time reach