Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Are we just plain scared to trade the lower time frames in forex trading?

Are we just plain scared to trade the lower time frames in forex trading?

difficulty.jpg

Are we just plain scared?

Here’s the fact:

Most of the full time forex traders out that trade the HIGHER Time Frame.

Not the 1min, the 5 min, the 15min or the 30min.

Most people have the misconceptions that to be successful in forex, the trader must trade the lower time frame.

Hell NO!

In fact its the newbies that trade the lower time frame and the professionals that trade the higher time frame! lol..

New guys who enter the forex market thinking that they could make a killing in it within minutes. But to realise that it is not as easy as it seems yea?!

Like every pair, the lower the time frame, the higher the volatility.

Now with that kind of volatility, it really takes years of experience to do those shit.

If one started off with the 5 min chart, i can’t tell you how many times will his/her account blow before they even realised what hit them.

Start off with the higher time frame Eg. the daily chart. Which has way lower volatility than the 5 min chart.

If one cannot even conquer the daily chart, what makes them think they can conquer the 5 min chart?

And now for those who had mastered the daily chart, the pips are good, the lifestyle is good as little screen time is needed.

Do you think they will crack their brain cells to go down the 5 min time frame?

Forex Trading is like a GAME.

Higher time frame = Easy Mode

Lower the time frame = Difficulty level increases.

But here’s the catch, there’s no reward for playing the Difficult mode compared to the Easy mode.

The profits you get will NOT be higher. But your white hair will grow faster due to the high speed stress and reaction involved in the lower time frame.

So Now Its your choice to choose the Difficulty level in playing the Forex Game…

Talk soon,

Ezekiel Chew

Asia's #1 Forex Mentor

Well, I dont know about the others but I myself am scared of trading in shorter time frames and the major reason for this is the fact that, it more riskier to trade in shorter time frames because we never know when would that trend reversal come into play. Shorter time frames does help us to earn small amount of profits but the losses are far more if we come across one such loss.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm not scared of the lower time frame because I trade in the m5. It is a good frame to trade in but before you will do that, it is good that you have to be a good trader that has been trading in the higher time frame like the weekly chart before so that you can be able to understand it very well.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see any thing wrong trading with lower time frame. But me It does not matter what time frame what I'm using. What matter to me is that I do analysis and if the analysis result say the trend is going side way then I trade scalping if its say its going to be volatile then I just do swing strategy or even naked strategy. For me its all depends on the market conditions.

• 1 month later...

I don't see any factor Completely wrong buying and selling with reduced time period. But me It would not matter what time period what I am utilizing. What subject to me is that I do Examination and when the Investigation consequence say the trend goes facet way then I trade scalping if its say its gonna be unstable then I just do swing tactic as well as naked strategy. For me its all depends available on the market conditions

In forex trading its not about what time frame to use. The time frame will depends on what analysis you going to do and for what strategy. So I really don't get the point why will you going to be afraid to use lower time frame. Since its only a time frame. Its like a zoom. The lower the time frame the nearer you see. The higher the time frame the farther you see.

many newbies choose to trade with small time frame since they are want to catch quick profit. however, many successful traders trade with high time frame chart. they are use 1H or more time frame to trade and point out market circumstances. there are no traders who able to gain consistent profit by trade with small time frame.

Not that there are traders who are scared of trading in the lower time frames because there are still those who base their analysis on a lower time frame. The fact is that it is more accurate predicting on a higher time frame and with this, the trader can get more effective analysis than analyzing from a lower time frame.

• 3 months later...

I am not scared with the lower frame, most of my trading with M5 or M15 at most, H1 and H4 only as trend viewer that i use sometimes also to take an action. Lower or higher frame does not even matter, it is all depend on your strategy that you use i am sure scalpers will prefer M5 or M15 over H4.

• 7 months later...

No way, I really enjoy trading with lower time frame, I find it to be quite profitable since I am able to get ideal opportunities for scalping, it’s not possible to get this with higher time frame, I am also lucky to have supportive broker like Nova FX, it has excellent platform where I get chance to analysis much better and all my trading orders are executed instantly without ever facing issue with delay or rejections on any of my trades.

Well even scared, i trade with M5 and M15. By using both i can see the short trend clearer rather than before. Using long term frame like H1 is plausible but i think with my style of trading i won't get anywhere with that, only swing trader could do that effectively, also what TS said only stated his words by not to mention the fact clearly.

I don't see it as a fear thing rather, as a knowledge thing. In the broadest imagination, people don't trade a particular time frame for fun, they do it because of the type of knowledge they have and there are so many who trade H4 and survive it the same way others will trade very short time frames like the M5.

People don't know that lower frame is useful in their context just like long term frame. Don't mean to offend anyone here but that is the fact, depend on what kind of strategy that you are using then lower time frame will bring more benefit as you can see the trend clearly.

Using higher time frame does not always means you can make profit with that sometimes you also can loss and in bigger amount than you always considered before. They are just simply plain scared or they just heard that from their friend or acquintance and never try it before, lower frames also risky but it does not make higher frames such a solution to all problems in forex.

• 6 months later...

Frankly speaking, I am not scared or any timeframe, I mean we should trade on what we understand. Now if we are not able to understand how to trade on lower timeframe then how can we do that? I mean that’s the only thing for me at least. I am not scared of using lower timeframe, but I am definitely scared of trading without been confident. I always like using higher timeframe while currently on cTrader platform, I have got all timeframe from 1 minute to 1 year, it’s powered by OctaFX broker, so with such platform, it is obviously easier to do analysis, but still I put my confidence on higher timeframe, but still if we have experience then we can win from low timeframe as well.

1m is too low and i can only see that through my metatrader 5 not metatrader 4. I often use M5 and in some cases M15. Nothing we should worry and i agree with you there are some traders who also make fortune like you and me and many others, even i am not as scalper M5 help me a lot to see the trend clearly.

There is no need for us to be afraid to trade on the shorter time frame infact I do make my fortune from lower time frame by trading news in 1m time frame its an excellent way to make fast profit

It is an indication that someone plain scared to lower frame, nonsensical believe about lower frame isn't good for their health. Since you can see 1m frame it seems you use MT5, i prefer M5 or M15 only in few cases to be honest lower frame makes me able to react faster rather than the big frame.