Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Are you a long term or short term trader

euro

Do you do long term or short term? Which one has proved to be more profitable? I trade long term only after I noticed more profit for sure on long term trades and less profit on short term trades. Scalping is way too risky for me but possible but the pips movement is way too low but in long term trade, the pips is very high in movement. So, I guess I will focus on long term trade to lose less and gain more. How about you? 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really would have loved to try out trading in the short term. I mean being a scalper, trading at a very short time frame and taking the profits thereof but it seems to sharp for me to handle. Have tried it some times but only was able to pick pips a little time over these periods. It is quite fun when you can make profits from forex over a short period of time.

personally, I am choose to use swing style. it form of long term approach in trading. I am let my positions floating till the target being hit. previously I am use short term trading strategy. however, it doesn't give me good result and even I am always end up with margin call. while with my current approach, I am able to make profit. though it small and sometimes even I am struggle very hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Long term trading in my view has benefits if compared to short term trading, one can make more profits out of long term trading rather than in short term trading, but it also increases risk if we opt for doing long term trading, I have seen many traders going for long term trading but I would like to stick with the safer one that is for me short term trading.

• 2 weeks later...

I am use swing trading technique which it including long term trading style. the goal is riding the trend movement and take high pips profit. not necessary to deal with daily volatility of price movement. for me, long term style of trading give calmness since it risking small margin only per trades.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't really matter the kind of trader the person is. Either long term or short term, what plays the more role is his ability to turn in some profits. Short term trading can still be as good as long term and can prove the melt long term trading proves if only the trader is ever ready and Willing to be serious with it.

In my view long term trading is for those traders who have more experience in this field of forex trading, as experts traders can analyse the market for long term and can do this better than newbie traders so I think unless we are an expert in forex trading we should not go for long term trading.

I am a short term trader because I like to scalp. Scalping is good because it will make you to be able to make profit from your trading very fast than the long term type if trading. If you are a scalper, you will be able to make profit in one hour and continue with what you want to do. I don't have the enough time to trade and that is why I like scalping.

• 1 month later...

Adhering to Have a demo shopping for and internet marketing we have the ability to Increase our capabilities then we is likely to help make An ever-increasing number of funds from in the subsequent paragraphs. So at first we wish Possess a demo obtaining and marketing then we can easily start out  a trusted searching for and marketing.

It is not going to be a problem in which type of trader the trader is because what will matter is that the trader should be able to make profit by trading. If he or she is a short term trader, he or she should be able to learn how to make profit without losing too much of his or her account. Long term trader should also know how to trade without losing too much of their account.

Long term trading is more favourable to the newbies than trading short term. With long term trading, there is a chance for them to better understand the market and make profit from it than coping with the volatility that is inherent in short term trading especially when it comes to scalping.

• 2 months later...

Trading in Forex is beneficial both ways. What I think is that which the trader on his own earns. Forex sometimes don't really mean earning so much of a fund in the real sense and it's not also about losing all your capital. The real factor lies between earning that which is considerable fine for you as a trader.

Trading in Forex is beneficial both ways. What I think is that which the trader on his own earns. Forex sometimes don't really mean earning so much of a fund in the real sense and it's not also about losing all your capital. The real factor lies between earning that which is considerable fine for you as a trader.

• 3 months later...

I love trading short term because by that i am able to make profits quickly but with long term i have to wait for the profits which i hate. OctaFX my broker really make is easier for me to trade with any style as for short term which is scalping there is very low spread of just 0.2 pips and also a very healthy rebate where we receive 50-60% while with long term trade there is no swap as they have special swap free account so i can trade even with that way.