Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Forex Trading Is Like stacking a Pack of Cards.

Forex Trading Is Like stacking a Pack of Cards.

cards.jpg

Have you ever tried stacking a pile of cards? If you haven’t perhaps you should try it now.

Placing every piece of card, trying to find the precise angle, and with a calm collected touch is the key to building your stack of cards.

First you must have a solid and stable ground

Next you must have got the surroundings covered. No open windows – in case the wind blows, no direct fan blowing at you. etc

Whilst placing that card, you must keep all distractions at bay.

With a cool & calm collected mind, you will be playing it off better than someone who is anxious and excited.

Now while you have built your first layer of cards, you begin to gain confidence. Confidence is good, it shows that whatever you have been doing all this while is working.

However, confidence usually leads to being conceited. And that’s when the trouble begins.

As you begin to feel conceited and feel that this is easy stuff. You tend not to disregard the basis you have put in at the start that had built your base (first layer).

You begin placing the cards faster, with lesser precision and with a conceited heart. No longer calm & compose as you feel that this is a piece of cake and you are able to get the stack of cards growing faster than it should.

You lose the consistency that brought you this far, and with one slight wrong movement.

- Be it the lack of precision – placing it at the wrong angle.

- The lack of planning, without looking at the overall stack to see if the fundamentals are firm enough.

- The speed of the anxious & conceited hand that placed the card.

You let distractions come to you because you thought you had it already.

You let the wind in because you thought it wouldn’t matter.

If either one of the above happens, with one wrong move. You would have caused your whole stack of cards to tumble and fall.

Do the above scenarios sound familiar?

This is the same thing that happens to most traders. Traders always forget what got them winning in the first place. They let the same things to happen to them which eventually caused them to lose it all. Even their initial capital.

Here’s how it relates.

Be it the lack of precision – placing it at the wrong angle.

- In forex trading: It could be entering the trade just based on gut feel, no price action confirmation, trading against the main trend.

The lack of planning – without looking at the overall stack to see if the fundamentals are firm enough.

- In forex trading: Lack of planning would refer to not planning your stop loss, target profit, money management and risk reward ratio.

The speed of the anxious & conceited hand that placed the card.

- In forex trading: It refers to trading psychology and emotions. That’s the key component that caused majority of traders to fail. Greed, fear of loss, getting revenge on the market, afraid of missing a good trade. All this will blind the judgment of a proper trade least say a good trade.

You let distractions come to you because you thought you had it already.

- In forex trading: You let lose of your sight on goal, you bit the hand that had feed you. You begin concentrating on other things – other than forex. You begin boasting on how good you are. You watch the tv while placing a trade. Etc.

Remember: Successful forex trading is mastering all of the above. Its about being consistent on all trades, and not to forget the fundamentals that got you going.

Look forward to seeing you in our group,

Ezekiel

Asia #1 Forex Mentor

We know that forex trading is the best way to make fast money. So we need some huge units of different currencies. I completely agreed with their way of thinking that forex stock is similar of card stock, because in poker game we need to have some higher value of card by which we can give better stroke against the opponents - so here also need higher value of different currencies, just need to sale during buyer's emergency.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

One thing is to plan aas a trader and then another thing is to implement the plan that has been made. Experience has shown that some traders tend to forget that they actually have a trading plan when they are met by the market forces.

The job of a trader therefore does not end by developing a good plan. Sticking to his plans is also equally difficult and important. A trader may be driven by greed and other emotions to swerve from his plans.

Ya well said implemention is more important than having a plan . If we cant execute what we think overnight and learn from over mistake then we should not doing anything. Forex is quick money but really when somebody sell you buy but who sells you dont know it is as simpler as it get but some as difficults as anything in the world.

• 1 month later...

forex trading is a risky business . when a man start her trading she would be cool minded and start her trading and then she would be success in forex . so it is most and most important to be peace and cool

• 2 weeks later...

Its easy to fall but its hard to build. I guess I can say yeah. Forex is like a stack of cards. I do try to keep on growing my account hoping that in the long run I can have a stable account. My main earning points right now is via bonus funds from ptp forums that I'm posting and earning bonus funds. But I'm hoping that some day I can say I'm really earning good with my own investments.

Forex trading is good for every one. Every man can earn by forex. So he need some skills and some knowledge. To increase his knowledge he can take a sort training or can join a forex school for learn more about forex. Then he can earn more and be a good trader in forex market. He can bring a success in his live.

Pleas leave the greed and then you will be success in forex market, it is true that greed is most harmful for forex and other all work and it is also a great sin . So I think to leave the greed is better for all people and they can make money by their honesty and hard work. So be care.

Please leave your greed and then you will be able to earn money. So I think if you want to learn more and you will be rich a sort time you can join here. But for the success you need to leave your greed properly then you can earn more and you will be happy in forex market,so be care.

Really forex is a good business for me and I like it so much. But there are no man who are not like it . I think it is a most important business for now a days and man can earn money by the forex. So we should to learn more and try again to be success in forex.

• 2 months later...

What a good explanation for Forex. Others also describe it as a new born baby that develops in stages. Actually, Forex needs a very good base or foundation to stand on before you can successfully grow in it. This foundation mainly comes from the perspective of the trader accepting to be patient and maintain a good faith even amidst adverseries.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed a very good post. Yes, forex is just like packing a stack of cards and its a sensitive game. We can have all our cards fallen at any time if the support is not strong enough. We need a strong foundation to support the highest cards and that is knowledge and practice and understand and experiences. Once we have those set and we can see the whole view of the stacks then we can do ok to protect it. The foundation in forex is knowledge of course. We need it and so learn all that you can. 

• 3 months later...

This is quite a good analogy of what Forex can be. It is not out of place to place it side by side with stacking a pack of cards. It requires a careful management of it and pampering for the trader to really overcome it and make things from it. Actually, Forex can really get so difficult to traders if there is no adequate knowledge.

a card can't stand alone. require other card to make it precise and construct formation. in trading, we need to construct a plan which contain strategy and risk management plan. strategy help traders to trade in effective way while risk management lead traders to manage the risk properly.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

We can also say that Forex is too fragile for a lot of people to handle. It requires carefulness and knowledge about the business for you to make profit from it. It looks quite easy to some and a lot of people would see it as a place they can make profit but in the real sense, it is delicate.

A pack of card can't stand when construction design doesn't strong enough. if we are doesn't create a plan and make ourselves knowledgeable, gain profit consistently is something unreachable. that is why someone new in this business should take practice and observe the market. they need to create a strategy, rules and plan first. before start to trade with real money.