Welcome to Digital Money Talk Forum - Forex, Ecurrency exchange and Cryptocurrency Forum Sponsored By Soft-mining.net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

DMT EXCHANGE BLOG          DMT FOREX BLOG          DMT CRYPTOCURRENCY BLOG

Soft-mining

Read our Advertising Disclaimers

Refund Policy

Photo

Importance of stop loss placement in forex trading.

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

CahCuncun

CahCuncun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Stop loss will helpful for us. By using SL when trading, it means we have tried to minimize the risk. But we must know when we should place SL when trading. I usually use SL when trading with TenkoFx. But if we use SL, we also must understand the characteristic of forex market too.

waseemilyas

waseemilyas

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Protect against lower is usually a variety of pending obtain that he forex trader locations in anticipation that if a trade or an open up situation goes the alternative way spherical into your adverse facet, then the trade actually ought to be shut instantly over the put in place get Value and that is the cease minimize. 

Decub

Decub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts
One other thing that makes the SL tool a thing to behold is that it doesn't only protect your trade but also gives you more time to do other things especially if you have other pending orders set. The trader can always use it at any time he wants to trade and endeavour to locate a good point for it.

waseemilyas

waseemilyas

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

prevent loos for me is a terrific way to Harmless guard your fund ,halt loos Take satisfaction in an important roles when it arrive to purchasing and offering. Along with the guidance of halt loos you are able to minimize the future hazard of loosing .

Ajitesh Roy

Ajitesh Roy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Stop Loss placement is definitely very important because it can help us be more relax while it can increase our chance of regular profits, if we are not having right stop loss placement then we might struggle, so that’s why it’s so crucial that our placement has to be correct in order to succeed or at least survive.

I am extremely fortunate that I am working with OctaFX broker, it’s a really great company with having all the great benefits whether it’s with their low spread of 0.2 pips, stop out level just 15% or even the margin levels at 25%, so it’s all to favor us and that makes me feel so happy working with such a fabulous and reliable company like them.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Stop Loss placement is definitely very important because it can help us be more relax while it can increase our chance of regular profits, if we are not having right stop loss placement then we might struggle, so that’s why it’s so crucial that our placement has to be correct in order to succeed or at least survive.

But also if you don't careful or placing your pips too high  there or too low your chance will be blasted instantly. What you actually need to do here is to have right amount of SL. Around 30-50 pips are good enough all are depend on your total capital as long as that can support your trading then it is okay.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts

I never placed Stop Loss in my trades when I was a newbie but later understood the importance of placing a SL, when I had to suffer a few account blow ups. For a newbie or even for the professionals, placing a SL is a vital option as it Leads to avoiding losses far beyond expectations...

Usually newbie doesn`t know what they do or they barely know that SL and TP is exist this is why many newbie does not know and use this useful feature for thei own good.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Usually newbie doesn`t know what they do or they barely know that SL and TP is exist this is why many newbie does not know and use this useful feature for thei own good.

That is because they are newbie and don't really paid attention to what is important for them. SL for sure will bring more benefit if a trader can use it wisely, we can see a lot of articles said about this thing, and of course they won't lie for sure.

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts

Mostly newbie will be like that even some of them still aware how important that SL and TP for their trading sooner or later. Of course, those articles have low chance to fool us all, but let me remind you that SL isn't only the answer, there is one time when the price keep falling and nearly reach your SL but after few minutes to some hours later rise confidentally and even break your TP before.

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

SL is between important or not, to be honest it is hard to say it is important because i think that will reduce flexibility, i changed my state to this because i retrace my history back and see there are many times where it touches my SL but few hours later the price start to going at other direction even to lower/higher level than my opening position.

sasanka

sasanka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka

Stoploss is the only safe guard we can use to protect our account from unsuccessful trade. It helps us to protect our funds from unpredictable market movements, i guess it is a one way of admitting your decision is wrong. But choosing the stoploss level is bit tricky. If you choose small stop loss you will end up in loss as well. Most of the time i use support and resistance levels to set the stop loss. 

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

SL is very important to me and i am sure to most of the traders that posted here. First of all, SL help us to see which is fit to us more when we trade. Some traders prefer to use this way because they don't want to wait for cutting loss, they just open position after analyze the market and let SL to cut the loss if they lose their position.

omar-profits

omar-profits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

yes of course that is absloutely right, I believe that his feature is the most important feature that traders should know and use so well, if they can use it and know to put which is the best time to use it, then i am sure that forex will be a great thing for them and will minimize the risk that they will suffer later.

radex78

radex78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

I am still using stop loss in my trades, beacuse actualy as trader they will never know where the price will move on direction, might can up and down after submit order in the market, with stop loss although leaving account more tha a day still felt comfortable because still in risk management plan, if get loss hence still many new opportunity next day

sidejob

sidejob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Yes that is also the problem which i am facing right now, SL is truly not suitable for me nowadays, i have even 10 consecutive loss because of this feature, and 5 of that is irony because only few  minutes after it cross my SL, the price is turning against my SL, sometimes i even think that my broker playing with me.

radex78

radex78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Yes that is also the problem which i am facing right now, SL is truly not suitable for me nowadays, i have even 10 consecutive loss because of this feature, and 5 of that is irony because only few  minutes after it cross my SL, the price is turning against my SL, sometimes i even think that my broker playing with me.

I think if you more confidence trading without stop loss , hence you can try out these strategy, but of course also you must ready with consequence if possible occur the trend against order larger and larger again untl margin can't withstand price movemnt and get margin call account, but yes often I am hear in discussion about stop loss hunter, if broker put this software so will giving disadvantage for trader

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts

It seems that my view about stop loss right now is a bit change. I still think that is useful feature but only if you know the right way to use it. I use it and still suffering 10 consecutive losses and what makes me surprise that all loss is marked as completed while the profit i get only few that market as completed(reaching its TP LOL). What a irony if think that stop loss is holy grail solution. 

I'm sure that you ever exprienced that the price is either rise or fall against your prediction and touch your SL but after touch or pass your SL, the price step by step or even worse in fast speed match with your but unfortunately SL is executed and you let with nothing.

Levie

Levie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Stop loss is a type of pending order that he forex trader places in anticipation that if a trade or an open position goes the other way round to the negative side, then the trade should be closed automatically at the set order price which is the stop loss. It prevents a trader from losing more than required amount while trading. 

myregister

myregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,864 posts

The advantage of a stop loss is you don't have to monitor on a daily basis of how the currency price is performing. Just set it and forget about it. So it is not like you must have to stay awake for 24 hours just for the sake of cutting loss by you personally. With these you can trade with ease and don't have to burden yourself so much.

skyrock

skyrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
Without stoploss I dont think that we can get anything good like protecting our fund so it is better to place stoploss in our trade for safety of it as this will help us go a long way far so dont just left it behind its for your own safety as a trader