Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Forex trading questions?

The USD/JPY is trading now at about 80.4900 so how much would it cost me to buy 3000 shares of that currency? Also how much money am i required to have to day trade Forex? Because i know you need like 20 grand to day trade stocks. I have been trading stocks now for a couple months and i have a good trading strategy down using MA stochastic and a couple other indicators but will they still be effective in forex trading? Thank You

• 4 weeks later...

The USD/JPY is trading now at about 80.4900 so how much would it cost me to buy 3000 shares of that currency? Also how much money am i required to have to day trade Forex? Because i know you need like 20 grand to day trade stocks. I have been trading stocks now for a couple months and i have a good trading strategy down using MA stochastic and a couple other indicators but will they still be effective in forex trading? Thank You

I'm not too keen to use the JPY in perdaganganku. pair because I think it's too aggressive at any time and it is difficult for us to know where prices will follow the previous of history price

Forex trading depends on the amount per lot you will be purchasing your position at. Say, you are looking to open each lot worth $0.01 then you will be requiring $3000 to purchase 3000 shares of USD/JPY. Additionally, your account should have additional funds to keep your position active which can be as much as you desire but I will prefer $30000 as then 10% will be your position worth and the risk management would be better then.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah forex-trading is different than stock trading, and the leverage you select applies until you dont close your trades,

So if you have 100x leverage you can buy as 100 times the capital and no need to worry if you dont close your trade the same day except that you may have to pay a little in form of swap fee.

Well, there are a lot of differece between the stock markets and Forex markets. Forex markets are available 24 hours a day as compared to any other stock markets which closes on daily basis. Infact, about 1 trillion dollars are traded daily in Forex, which is just thrice as big as the US stock market and futures markets combined.

• 2 months later...

Yeah forex-trading is different than stock trading, and the leverage you select applies until you dont close your trades,

So if you have 100x leverage you can buy as 100 times the capital and no need to worry if you dont close your trade the same day except that you may have to pay a little in form of swap fee.

In term of leverage its the same no matter if its in forex or in stocks trading. Once you go below the margin its going to be automatic sell. Although I still don't encounter a stocks broker that offer a 1: 100 leverage in stocks. Because in stocks theirs what we called put and options. So using leverage in stocks is not normal. May I know what stocks brokers that offer this kind of leverage?

• 5 weeks later...

I think the answer to this question may vary from one trader to another because of different technical analysis of each and every one of us because we adopt a fascination for the indicators

First what is the question? Because no matter what is the question theirs only two answer. Its either you earn or you loss. theirs no safe haven in forex trading. If you want to earn you must learn. That's what its take to be a good trader. In forex and in stocks. No matter what indicators you use theirs only one aim and that is to make profit.

• 2 months later...

I an not certain whether your indicators and the combination of period with which you trade with them in the stock market will still work in the forex market. It is better to test your strategy again on the demo accounts and see if the results are replicable in the forex market as it were in the stock market in which you were previously trading.

I an not certain whether your indicators and the combination of period with which you trade with them in the stock market will still work in the forex market. It is better to test your strategy again on the demo accounts and see if the results are replicable in the forex market as it were in the stock market in which you were previously trading.

The author question is not about strategy in forex and in stocks trading. The question is in lots and share and that has nothing to do with indicators.

In forex if we trade we call the size of our position in lots. While in stocks we call it shares. Now in forex we use leverage. that's why we can trade even less than 1 lot. Some mini accounts or lites accounts even has 0.01 lots size.

• 2 weeks later...

You question is difficult to answer is correct figures. Your first questions requires you to tell the lot you will be trading your 3000 shares on? If you are trading at $1 per share, then your locked amount in bringing 3000 shares would by $3000 but you might have to keep additional funds to cope up with the price movements. Now how much should be in your account? To stay safe, 90% should be available as free margin as per my views. So, I guess you should start off with $30,000 in your account.

• 3 weeks later...

Well,with the little knowlegde i got in forex trading i would have like giving a good answer to that question perhaps just that the pairs that is in question ain't the pairs i can give an anwser because its really hard to trade though yeild good profit.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't understand the question but I'm sure as a newbie, you should first try to use the demo account in other to understand how to trade in the yen. It is when you can do this that you will be able to know how much you can buy and when to sell.

• 2 weeks later...

I only have one answer and that is try to trade in forex in both demo and real account. Just keep on trading and observe. Because in the long run you really going to make some profit in here. I'm really excited to see myself making so much profit in forex that I want to grow my trading account and become a millionaire. Some how I'm really happy with the way things are for me in here. I'm sure I can become a rich trader in forex.

• 1 month later...

I do not fully grasp the issue but I'm sure for a newbie, you must initially seek to utilize the demo account in other to understand how to trade in the yen. It's when you can do this that you will be in the position to know how Substantially You should purchase and when to promote.

Well, it is the lot size you wish to use and your leverage that counts more. If you use a low lot and then a low leverage, you can buy a up to 3000 shares when you increase your leverage to a higher one. But then, you have to realize that it is also equal to the amount you are going to lose per pip provided you increased your lot size as well.

• 4 months later...

That is depend on your leverage, if your leverage is at 1:100 then you need  $30  for 3000 shares and if you have leverage at 1:400 then you only need $7.5 to spend for 3000 shares. In spot trading/forex you don't need something like how many money you required, but i think you should invest as low as $1000 for the best result, as long as you can hold the position for around 1 week i think that is not a big deal.