Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How many pips is your daily target?

@tray, I tried to comprehend you but it was hard for me. And in worst market days when you couldn't make any pip and end up losing, what would your pip target be. In days when the market it trend was against and you couldn't hedge, what would you do, revenge a trade or something. Setting a pip target is good but meeting your pip target everyday is not always possible.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't trade daily but when i open a positon whether it is EUR/USD pair or GBP/USD or USD/JPY i will set pips target at least 30 pips for the lowest one and 120 pips for the highest pips i must achieve with that position. Just information that i trade with the news so i don't have much chance to trade in a month, only around 6-12 times per month.

I don't have daily target right now. I just base my TP on the daily volatility. For example in aud/usd my TP is 25 to 40 pips  only since its has less than 50 pips volatility right now. I am hoping to increase it if theirs an increase of volatility or decrease it if theirs weak volatility. So in short my earnings will depends on how volatile the market is.

• 3 months later...

Well for me I dont target too much profit I always set my target to what I can be able to afford in this business and this is how to do forex trading which is always the best for sure so its better for us to always learn how to trade and follow our analysis

It is not a big deal as long as you are in profit, every trader make sure they can earn something per day and not losing their money, even there are some traders that said earning less is better with smaller risk that we could bear because we can earn in other time.

• 1 month later...

I don’t target in pips because I deal in money only so whenever I get enough profits I just close the profit and I don’t look at pips that I make. I am trading with OctaFX broker and there every trade is always in profits thanks to the low spread of just 0.2 pips that I am required to pay on all pair’s mostly so right way in good trade I get profits due to such low amount of spread.

I think you should worry about your trading, well i don't mean to judge yours but calculating how much profit and loss you could take into an account is important thing for mastering forex and reducing more unecessary losses. Make sure you have target for profit bigger than your loss in one trading.