Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Forex gap

Just look at the gap between your candlesticks and that is what means as forex gap, this gap is usually happened in the first week closing of the market and the next opening of the market in monday. Many traders trying to exploit this issue and there are 2 results they make profit or lose it.

• 2 months later...

Yes, we can see the gap between candlesticks but not always happen, this night i see that USDCAD got one gap after Canada's GDP released, if you have some time you can check it. Gap usually a sign that the price relatively fall down deeper and some people would love to trade during this time.

That is good if someone trade and then around 5 or 10 minutes later there is gap, i think gap also one of the good sign for trader and as you said the price seems in most cases relatively fall deeper or rise higher rather than before when there is a quite big gap, even small gap could bring your elsewhere.

That is from my own observation when gap is happening you should be happy because there was long term trend that the price will continue to that trend even not always, but if something is happening usually it is just normal correction and will following that gap direction once again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gap will give a strong  movement to pair either it is bullish or bearish. Gap also become a clear indication that the price has the higher chance of following the trend, but remember it is not always happen, just usually happened all them, even correction cannot turn back the price especially with large gaps.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I think that gap is actually an indication that forex is under bullish pressure and not just simple bullish pressure but this is one of the biggest bullish pressure. As far as i know, forex gap in forex will be such an opening for foreign exchange trader to make decision because in most cases gap in forex is a strong indication and pretty much accurate.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just look at the gap between your candlesticks and that is what means as forex gap, this gap is usually happened in the first week closing of the market and the next opening of the market in monday. Many traders trying to exploit this issue and there are 2 results they make profit or lose it.

You are right but the problem with gap strategy is that we don't know whether they will appear or not. If Friday has a big movement on a pair then there is a chance that on next market opening there will be a gap. But that's not sure fire as well.

• 4 weeks later...

You are right but the problem with gap strategy is that we don't know whether they will appear or not. If Friday has a big movement on a pair then there is a chance that on next market opening there will be a gap. But that's not sure fire as well.

I can't say much about how it will come to us but the market is clearly unexpected in this case, forex gap is seductive but never try that since it is actually unexpected and only traders with sharp anlaytical skill which can do that with higher rate of success, i just say gap which happened in my previous trading as LUCK.

I can't say much about how it will come to us but the market is clearly unexpected in this case, forex gap is seductive but never try that since it is actually unexpected and only traders with sharp anlaytical skill which can do that with higher rate of success, i just say gap which happened in my previous trading as LUCK.

In past there were several of my trades were hold overnight and market opened with a positive gap. The profit was surely satisfying because it was more than what I have expected. And I am not sure if there is a analytical mechanism to predict gap. Do you know of any sources?

• 2 weeks later...

In past there were several of my trades were hold overnight and market opened with a positive gap. The profit was surely satisfying because it was more than what I have expected. And I am not sure if there is a analytical mechanism to predict gap. Do you know of any sources?

The same happened here too. It wa a very great moment, 10 pips positive slippage or what some people called as gap. But the gap is not always a good strategy because it is basically hope for the price to slip which is quite hard to determine especially in a risky and wild market such as forex where anything could happen. Some people applied this strategy so far with high ratio of losing but that is i think for ultra risk trader.

The same happened here too. It wa a very great moment, 10 pips positive slippage or what some people called as gap. But the gap is not always a good strategy because it is basically hope for the price to slip which is quite hard to determine especially in a risky and wild market such as forex where anything could happen. Some people applied this strategy so far with high ratio of losing but that is i think for ultra risk trader.

Slippage is one thing and weekend gap is another. I myself don't like slippage because it does goes against the outcome of the trade. Though positive slippage on take profit is good but other types of slippage comes along so none is better.

Market gap could be good or bad to us, when the market has longer good trend then it will make the price rise higher/lower than what we expect.  Another slippage actually a bad thing, lose more than what we expect is something we must deal. Forex gap actually hard to predict but the consequences is pretty good/bad to all kind of traders

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...