Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

bollingerbands

ellliottt

bollingerbands

Bollinger Bands Introduction:

Bollinger Bands are a technical trading tool created by John Bollinger in the early 1980s. They arose from the need for adaptive trading bands and the observation that volatility was dynamic, not static as was widely believed at the time.

The purpose of Bollinger Bands is to provide a relative definition of high and low. By definition prices are high at the upper band and low at the lower band. This definition can aid in rigorous pattern recognition and is useful in comparing price action to the action of indicators to arrive at systematic trading decisions.

Bollinger Bands consist of a set of three curves drawn in relation to securities prices. The middle band is a measure of the intermediate-term trend, usually a simple moving average, that serves as the base for the upper band and lower band. The interval between the upper and lower bands and the middle band is determined by volatility, typically the standard deviation of the same data that were used for the average. The default parameters, 20 periods and two standard deviations, may be adjusted to suit your purposes.

bb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this is them most easy indicator to learn. as we need to check where the price is at on the bands. if the candles or the prices touched the lower band already then make a buy order if it touch the upper band make a sell order. so it is quite easy for me. but i am still mastering this one though. there is still some other things to learn. but still this is the easiest indicator to learn.

• 3 weeks later...

this is them most easy indicator to learn. as we need to check where the price is at on the bands. if the candles or the prices touched the lower band already then make a buy order if it touch the upper band make a sell order. so it is quite easy for me. but i am still mastering this one though. there is still some other things to learn. but still this is the easiest indicator to learn.

indeed those are the way to read this indicator, but its too dangerous if you just enter the market like your prepare, first as you know that BB indicator is such as passive indicator and needed some action indicator to decide your order. upper band and lower band just for clearing the support and ressistance point, because surely i know that you sure dont know how the market moement in the fututre if you just like that

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

This indicator is quite confusing and I am not a big fan of this indicator and neither use it on my charts. However, I have heard several traders say that this indicator is quite useful when it comes to price movement in a range bound. This indicator confirms if their is a break on the either sides and which results in either selling or buying of a new position.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would throw this one out there.

1. Setup a 20,2 Bollinger Bands.

2. Setup an RSI 14-day

Long ONLY when:

When the RSI drops below 30, the RSI drops below the 'Lower Bollinger Band' and when the Price drops below the 'Lower Bollinger Band'.

This is an hybrid of a system I saw posted(on a major forum) by an "FX Instructor" and the Fozzy.

What would this work in general? Why? Why not?

What would you change?

As you can see I am a bit of Technical Analysis junkie.

• 2 months later...

This indicator is quite confusing and I am not a big fan of this indicator and neither use it on my charts. However, I have heard several traders say that this indicator is quite useful when it comes to price movement in a range bound. This indicator confirms if their is a break on the either sides and which results in either selling or buying of a new position.

as well as you . I don't use this indicator now. But i studied it , And i find that it is not hard to use but it is hard to catch the signal that it show.

• 5 weeks later...

one of good indicator and I also agree if there is trader said that this indicator work very well in range bound. but actually BB also work well when the market trending. the difficulties maybe is when figuring out the period setting. it will take the traders time to make research.

• 2 weeks later...

bollingerbands arose from the need for adaptive trading bands and the observation that violent was dynamic, not static as was widely believed at the time. by definition prices are high at the upper band and low at the lower band. this definition can aid in rigorous pattern recognition and is useful in comparing price action of indicators to arrive at systematic trading decisions. the interval between the upper anbd lower band and the middle band is determined by volatile, typically, the standard deviation of the same data that were used for the average.

• 1 month later...

bollingerbands is the most powerful indicator for forex trading. actually it will not give you any signal but traders can take decision for buy/sell with this indicator. It is noticed that all popular successful traders follow bollingerbands must for their must getting profit. when market is still calm then its bands are getting close. on the other hand when the volatile of market is so high then the three upper bands and the lower bands spread their position with the price.

• 1 year later...

Bollinger bands is an indicator used to measure the volatility of a pasar.Pada Basically, this indicator tells us whether the market is quiet or the market is crowded. So that we can determine what strategies will be used to calm the market and what strategies we use in a crowded market.