Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Swing Vs Intraday trading

ellliottt

welcome members

there has been a long debate about which is more effective and profitable Swing Trading Or intraday trading

IMO,i think Swing Trading is the right way to trade ... big time frames , less trades , less swaps , bigger TP and the price respects the S&R levels on big time frames more often than not

so what is your trading style ??

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

If me, I prefer to choose Intraday trading if we compared Intraday with swing trading although sometimes I used scalping too.

In intraday, our loss won't be as much pips as we did swing but in other hand our profit will be same not as much as swing too.

I don't use swing because it's more risky.

• 4 weeks later...

@tony

What suggestion which you said good friend because there are many opinions from members in here. Please don't do spamming in here,

because it will make you get banned from moderators or admin. Please tell here the detail informations which you think is good and helpful

so we can continue to discuss it.

I prefer swing trading because it is less stressful. In swing trading, positions are held for very long periods of times and it is good for traders who are busy with something else. Day trading is more risky for me because it is usually done with fairly tight stop losses.

@chuna

It's harder to do swing trading right now because the condition of market which is unstable and anything could happen.

I think it's not good idea to use swing trading right now but I don't know if you still think that swing trading is profitable enough

as your style.

@ Andry777, i know the situation of the forex market right now. You might be right that swing trading is risky now more than as it is before because of the wars and political crisis in the middle east, but it is all about the news. Follow the news effectively and manually cut at your trades at appropriate times. If you do this, you will not have any problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Well in my view it depends on the trading style and time one devotes to trading

for intra-day trading one need to have tighter stop losses and has to be more active in trading

but swing traders ride the trend until clear sign of reversal appears. Yet i believe intra-day/short term/scalp traders may make more money.

• 2 weeks later...

Intraday trading will be shorter time to wait our trading account to get profit or loss. It's almost same in activity of swing and intraday

but in swing trading, we usually will leave the condition for more than a day and it won't happen in Intraday trading.

• 1 month later...

swing trader is also have name long term trader who open position once for long period, they make analysis for next few week, month and even year because their purpose is long term. intraday is trader who open position in a day and close in the same day, they can make many order in a day but its different with scalper.

• 3 weeks later...

@standart

I never knew there is swing trader who made analysis for next month or next year with only one transaction. As I knew, swing trader will make analysis

for movement in few days or at most few weeks. It was too long if trader made analysis for a month or a year, there are many things which will happen

in that long time and our analysis couldn't be right.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Both the trading forms are profitable but I prefer Intraday trading as I am an Intraday day who takes his positions on the basis of technical analysis. Swing trading is also beneficial if a trader knows the best entry and exit points on every positions he take.

Do you mean day trading? This is the most risky way of trading. Do you know that 90% of those who day trade loss their account in six months? That how unprofitable day trade is. What the pair do you use and what indicator do you use? And how much pips you earn per day? and also your stop loss? I tried many times to day trade but its really don't work for me.

• 5 weeks later...

welcome members

there has been a long debate about which is more effective and profitable Swing Trading Or intraday trading

IMO,i think Swing Trading is the right way to trade ... big time frames , less trades , less swaps , bigger TP and the price respects the S&R levels on big time frames more often than not

so what is your trading style ??

I agree except on less swaps. I mean what is the connection of swap in a trade? because as far as I know once you reach certain time period either you like it or not your trade will get interest. And its depends on your pair or your trade .For example if you trade USD/CAD if you sell you earn interest in swap if you buy you pay interest.

• 2 months later...

With the swing trading, a trader is likely to spend lees time making forecasts and also less time with the computer screen. Swing traders often have other activities that engage them since not all the time is spent on the charts but usually they have to wait for days to weeks before a target is hit.

• 2 years later...

I prefer to trade intra day. I even prefer to scalp because it is with scalping strategy that I Wilmington be able to make quick profit from trading. Scalping is my best style of trading and in other for the trader to know how to trade in it, he or she should first of all practice it in the demo account.

I prefer to trade intra day. I even prefer to scalp because it is with scalping strategy that I Wilmington be able to make quick profit from trading. Scalping is my best style of trading and in other for the trader to know how to trade in it, he or she should first of all practice it in the demo account.

So do i. I also prefer to trade intra day in TenkoFx and sometimes also try to scalp when trading. I try to maximize the best trading condition which i have get from TenkoFx. Demo account is good for looking for which the best trading style for us. So beginners should use demo account first.

swing trading require traders to open less position. which mean, traders search opportunity by riding the trend. swing traders doesn't open position everyday. while if traders doing trade everyday, they are implement intraday trading. in intraday trading, traders does not look for high target. enough by small target only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer to trade intra day. I even prefer to scalp since it is with scalping system which i Wilmington be able to make brief profit from buying and selling. Scalping is my most effective kind of buying and selling As well as in other for that trader to learn how to trade in it, he or she should really To begin with apply it from the demo account.