Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Forex Trading – Gaps

Forex Trading – Gaps

nzdusdgaps.gif

Gaps happen when the forex market closes and the forex market have some movements before the market opens.

When the gap forms, What will they happen.

If you had read out previous post about gaps.

It will come as no surprise to you.

Ans: Gaps usually closes. The market will usually close back the gap that is formed.

There are plently of gaps the formed when monday opened, such a wonderful thing.

Got quite a number of pips just by closing the gaps.

These 2 charts are some of the example of the gaps these week, but there were plenty besides these 2.

audusdgaps.gif

Ezekiel Chew

Asia's #1 Forex Mentor

Gaps in forex trading usually occur during the weekend between previous friday's close cost and current monday's start cost. The gap itself appears due to the fact that forex trading investments 24 hours, 7 days a week whilst most foreign exchange brokers are start for forex trading from Wednesday 0:00 am ET – Friday 4:00 pm ET. Thus on thursday, the broker needs to upgrade its forex costs which may be different from friday's closing costs.

That's because when market is close their some weekend transaction that is not reflected in the market and once the market is open that's the time theirs some reflection of prices. That's how gap price happen. But it just a matter of seconds. So if you don't have an open position on friday you can't take advantage of it. The only way to take advantage of gap strategy is to anticipate the price movement on friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Well as you know that Gaps in forex trading usually occur during the weekend between previous friday's close cost and current monday's start cost. The gap itself appears due to the fact that forex trading investments 24 hours, 7 days a week whilst most foreign exchange brokers are start for forex trading from Wednesday 0:00 am ET – Friday 4:00 pm ET. Thus on thursday, the broker needs to upgrade its forex costs which may be different from friday's closing costs.

• 2 weeks later...

GAP trading can be very profitable whether magnumfreak believe it or not.

Whether its the market, the broker or whatever the reason might be i don't care. The Gap is there in every currency pairs every sunday evening(sometimes small gaps sometimes huge gap up to 70 pips).

• 1 year later...

The gap in trading is in the weekend or in public holidays because the market don't usually open at this time. It is this time that the traders will be able to take their rest and be able to prepare for their next trade that they are going to do in the next week. This is why it is good that the traders should have a rest during weekends to refresh their mind for the week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My Hotforex broker has no gaps in their MT4. Is it good for me?

Do you understand what gaps means? Its does not matter if you are trading different forex broker sites and different platforms. What matter is that when the closing price on friday and opening price on monday is different the difference is called price gap. But I do know that some forex broker sites does not automatically execute TP 5 minutes more or less before opening of the market.

I don't understand how to point out the gap outcome. because sometimes, it doesn't move according to the trend movement. however, thanks to the explanation. in my point of view, better if we are trade normal by take advantage from trend and volatility movement.

I do not understand how to indicate the gap result. due to the fact sometimes, it isn't going to go in accordance with the craze movement. however, thanks to the explanation. in my viewpoint, better if we have been trade regular by consider benefit from trend and volatility motion.