Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Can I lose more than the fund I deposited?

Its depends on how you consider your deposit. for example. You deposited 500 dollars. You earn and increase your funds to 600 dollars. And since you only invested 500 dollars when your funds goes down to 50 dollars your total loss is 550 dollars since your fund reach 600 dollars because of your earnings. So in short you loss more than you deposited. Because you deposited 500 dollars and loss 550 dollars but still have 50 dollars in your balance. Is this your question?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I think only careful money management that can assure us long staying in this market, and moreover making profits regularly, also patience and discipline are very important, so as we can learn how to act with all the market conditions without any fear, and bad emotions that can make everything upside down!

Money management is only part of forex trading. Money management has nothing to do with earnings at all. You can't earn if you just going to use money management. The only thing money management do is to lessen your loss each time you trade. But if you want to earn in forex what you really need is good trading strategy. Combine it with money management in the long run you will really earn.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Its possible for one to loos more than the fund deposited even in multiple of that ,the reason is lack of skill and commitment lack of trading plan and inexperiaence can wipesaw your entire account which this has hapan to so many traders whom I know very well

Its possible for one to loos more than the fund deposited even in multiple of that ,the reason is lack of skill and commitment lack of trading plan and inexperiaence can wipesaw your entire account which this has hapan to so many traders whom I know very well

Just one question. how can you loss more than you deposited? its just commonsense. If you invested 100 dollars at most you going to loss is 100 dollars. how can you loss more than 100 dollars that you deposited? You mean to say that if you deposited 100 dollars you can loss more than that. lets say 120 dollars? then how can you loss 20 dollars more?

• 2 weeks later...

All trading broker has the facility to automatically close the positions when a trader has reached the minimum margin which can be held in their account. However, your account can only end up loosing more than what you can when you have an open position on the weekend and the new week takes up your margin upto a great extent.

• 2 months later...

Though brokers have automatic stop on your trades when your balance comes near 0 but some time due to huge market volatility broker may not be able to close trade at right level and so there happen more losses than your capital. Still i dont think broker demand you this negative amount and is bore by themselves though it may be adjusted if you redposit.

• 2 weeks later...

Its much more possible for us to loss more than the fund we deposited even in multiple ,so for a trader to avoid all this all we need is to make sure that we learn and trade properly to gain much knowledge and if you are a newbie make sure that you demo trade properly to avoid all this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I said in my previous posts, we can get losses greater than our account balances in the case of keeping your position open during weekdays. I recently faced a similar situation while trading with DEMO account where my position ended up with -$200 balance due to opening gap of my trading pair after weekdays.

• 1 month later...

I also do not understand what is written, maybe it's about trade issues of interest or discuss other issues as far as I know every time I had lost my balance a blank until I make a deposit and any further then my balance is not reduced at all, and maybe if it happens to you maybe you can ask more clearly to your broker

• 2 weeks later...

what a question. you cannot lose anything which you don't have. you can only lose what you have because the other you already don't have it so how you lose.

We can loose more than what we have in forex. But some situations rarely takes place in forex. I did come across one of such situations on my demo account where I kept a position open during weekend and the market started off with a big gap causing my account to not only get blown up but at the same time cause a -$200 on my demo account which was shocking.

I think that is difficult if we could reduce more than we placed except our consideration has been loaded with no cost richesse of resources in our stability.

If our consideration is genuine from down payment only, that won't occur to reduce more than we got.

it all depends on the knowledge we have because forex is not an investment like any other business who only invest the amount of money we have and receive benefits without having to do anything in this business and we are the ones who determine what we want to get profit by trading

If you invested 100 dollars an earn and reach 200 dollars then you get MC then you loss 200 dollars. so in short your can loss more than you invest if you already make profit. Unless if you don't count your profit also. In forex trading we must always count our profit since that's what forex trading is all about. Its about profit vs loses and you must make sure that your loses will always be more than your profit.