Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

Litecoin (LTC) is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency and open source software project released under the MIT/X11 license. Inspired by and technically nearly identical to Bitcoin (BTC), Litecoin creation and transfer is based on an open source protocol and is not managed by any central authority. Litecoin is intended by its developers to improve upon Bitcoin and offers three key differences.

As of September 11, 2014, 1 LTC is worth approximately 5.405 USD.

Each Litecoin is subdivided into 100,000,000 smaller units, defined by eight decimal places.

Getting started with LTC :- Well LTC is the second most biggest crypto currency in net , BTC is Gold and LTC is silver.

To start with LTC , you have to download its client. Download LTC client here :- https://litecoin.org/ (win/linux/mac) . After downloading client , install it and wait for all the blocks to be download , as always it will take time. After that go to receive tab and get your LTC address.

288bdhs.jpg

• 9 months later...

I don't know what is the difference between litecoin and bitcoin for me it is just the other same cryptocurrency. This is why i am a bit skeptic about litecoin and other cryptocurrency basically they are just money like others at the moment litecoin positioned at $1.8 per 30,638 LTC.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some claims that LTC is better than BTC when it comes for transaction. In the site it said that LTC blockchain is capable of handling higher transaction volume. So, due to more frequent block generation, the network supports more transactions without a need to modify the software in the future.

Litecoin has faster block time and also it reduces the risk of double spending attacks and for a merchant they who waited for a minimum of two confirmations would only need to wait five minutes, whereas they would have to wait 10 minutes for just one confirmation with bitcoin.

Litecoin has faster block time and also it reduces the risk of double spending attacks and for a merchant they who waited for a minimum of two confirmations would only need to wait five minutes, whereas they would have to wait 10 minutes for just one confirmation with bitcoin.

But BTC still the king up to now the number of coins circulated is bigger and more than what we expected, also BTC has better price compared to LTC. I don't know what will happen in future but i think LTC must be more attractive to the users so they could gain more shares in future and the price is rising.

• 3 weeks later...

BTC still the king because of the rate which is higher compared to the others not to mention the pioneer of something like this is BTC. But LTC offers something different, with many good features which BTC left behind this is why LTC is getting popular and someday might be replace BTC.

@sidejob: Yeah i know with  faster block time make Litecoin as one of the best competitor of Bitcoin out there rather than for saying DogeCoin. However, Litecoin has its own disadvantage like litecoin blockchain will be proportionately larger than bitcoin's, plus it is just another copycat since Bitcoin is open source everyone can copy the source with smaller changes like this one.