Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

objectoriented or procedural?

hi everybody which Language is best for programming. according to me oops is best from procedure oriented languages. what's your views ?

me the best is object oriented because of drop and drag factor. in procedural you need more codes before you gain what you want and you need to think and search more.

oops is always better for the following reasons

1. oops has features like abstraction,encapsulation,inheritance,polymorhism.

2. in procedural language declaration of function has to be done above main() whereas in oops it is not compulsory.

3. we have to mention return type in procedural languages while not in oops.

4. drag and drop is other advantage in oops.

5. pointers are not used in oops.

• 4 weeks later...

This is right that oops is more structured than procedural, but to begin with procedural style of programming gives better understanding of programming. Lot of programs are written in procedural languages like Cobol or C, so without adequate knowledge it would not be possible to maintain existing modules. So procedural is never less important than the oop.

This is right that oops is more structured than procedural, but to begin with procedural style of programming gives better understanding of programming. Lot of programs are written in procedural languages like Cobol or C, so without adequate knowledge it would not be possible to maintain existing modules. So procedural is never less important than the oop.

yes , i agree to what you said but after understanding procedural languages one should do through practise with oops such as c++ because the oops structure is widely implemented in many upgraded languages.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

OOP is an art, it takes time to master but once you master it, you're a great "artist" and you can code clean, understandable, maintainable and in summary GREAT codes :D. There are many higher concepts and "higher art" of OOP you should learn, like Design Patterns, Unit Testing... There're many things but just because OOP is a real art! ^^. Don't be scared and get ready for the great journey in the OOP world, you'll be a better and better programmer on each step :D

• 2 weeks later...

I find it easy for me to have fast and comfortable programming language having object oriented feature. This will lessen the time to study the codes and be familiar to the codes. In object oriented atleast we are sure of the codes inputted in the program so we will just think of the design and other finishing features. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I prefer the object oriented rather than procedural due by using objeck oriented, I could more easily do the work that is given, especially if it concerned the task of creating a program to counter. but procedurally we should also know, because that is what should be done by the programmer

• 3 months later...

OO or Procedure? hmm well you can use both of them, and use them properly in the right, place. one of my opinion is make your coding more efficient and more clearly rather than forcing yourself you use OO while you can create better coding with Procedure lol.

• 1 year later...