Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

do you trade on fridays

For me it does not matter whether it is friday or sunday I trade whenever I think and like to do so, so in simple I do not see the day I just do it when I feel like it. However I know that some traders don't but it does not matter to me. I think if we would make profit we can make it any day using good predictions and knowledge.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There no a fixed day for forex trading you can do your job at any time from your home at your leaser time. So this job is most popular all over the world and I also like it and I want to be a good trader and I want to make unlimited money from here.

Well there are reasons for that. On a Friday, the market is about to close off for two days so a lot of traders close their positions. When they close it off, the price will go downhill so not good for selling your week long trade. Perhaps you will make more money on Thursday as you sell it off. This could be why people don't like selling on Friday or buying on Friday and also you will pay swap when you leave it over the weekend. 

Well now I see that traders close their postions at weekend, before now I did not knew about that so I did not have a reason to support my statement about trading at fridays however if market somehow goes up in weekend it would be a good day for traders doing trade at weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

hi everybody l have heard from so many traders and also read on so many e-books mostly they dont advice trading on friday.what do you think?is there any disadvantage to trade on friday?and what can be the reason that most of the expert traders dont prefer to trade on friday?please share your idea thnak you.

I'm trade on Friday but have to close my position before market is close. :)

I don't really think that there is a good reason not to trade on Fridays as there has been traders who trade on that day and there is nothing wrong. I think that they believe it is more risky to trade on Fridays, therefore less action. Thus, not allowing them to have a decent trade. But for me, till you can grab profit then the days do not count.

Having tried trading on a Friday twice without success, I decided to call it quit trying. I really didn't like the movement on the day as it was so slow for my liking. However, it doesn't mean that trading on a Friday is generally bad for all but not my day.

• 3 months later...

I trade on friday but it is not all the fridays that I do trade in. It will depend on the type of market that is what is going to determine if I am going to trade on friday or not. The forex trader can be able to make profit from trading in the forex market whether it is on friday or any other day when he or she already know how to trade and how to manage his or her account. It is this thing that is the most important thing in forex.

Most often, I am more occupied on Fridays and even though I'm not, I really don't like to trade on Fridays because of the way the market looks. It is also the end of the market week which leaves it with a lot of uncertainties that could lead your trade to losses.

• 2 months later...

If I don't see any opportunity I usually close my position on friday except those position that is long term position. Usually since I do averaging and hedging I close all position that is getting me swap interest fee and left those position that going to earn me swap interest. In this way some how I can build my trading account and not getting much loses.

It's a no for me. I don't really have the time of Fridays to trade. Not because there is anything much about the Friday stuff but because I am not so comfortable combining trades with some other things I need to take care of on a Friday. I prefer things about Forex done between Tuesday and Thursday.

Some how I slow down on friday also. I do analysis for weekly analysis during sunday so on monday I open a pending order and all order for daily and weekly strategy I use I closed in on friday and just open again on monday. For me this is some how safer because I have no control if the news come on saturday or sunday. At least on monday I can so something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many traders I know who still try to avoid the market on Fridays. Some perhaps may have had some ill experience while others are just followup what others think and do for the market. Well, everyday is a trading day. What matters more is if we made an effective analysis to take advantage of the market that day.

Its not really that they have ill experience. Its more on how you understand forex trading also. Because friday is a closing day of the market and if you do short term trading you prefer to cashout your profit so you close your position each week. That's some how what I do also. I check my profit each week and its can only be materials if I close an open position. Except of course to my accounts that I do use hedging.

There is no harm in trading on friday but if you want the best then I will advice you to trade with stoploss which is what that will help you alot to win more trade.

Forex is very risky business if you want to earn on friday then dont trade naked to avoid explosive or collision trade

I think some people just develop allergy to those Fridays and Mondays trading. They try to avoid entering the market when it's either opening or closing. It really matters more when the trader should trade but that is seen from the analysis that he has made and it is the most important thing to consider.

I always try to close my position on friday and just open another position on monday. For me its good to open position on monday and close on friday and in this way you will know if you make profit that week or not. But sometime I do monthly also. meaning I close my open position on every end of the month and open new position on the first day of the next month.

• 2 months later...

For me it is completely dependent on the market situation not the day so in case if the market is moving well and has shown good opportunity than i would definitely trade and why not and from my experience so far in trading i think Friday is a ideal way for scalping since the movement is always in a range.

I trade only with OctaFX brokerage company as they allow me to do scalping with complete freedom as firstly there is so low spread just 0.2 pips and then they also give us no requote system so doing scalping even in high movement is ideal because we always get exact price we want instead of having to face requotes every time.