Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

What risk management strategy that you used?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to identify stop loss and profit taking levels. 

Rule of thumb: In a bull market, be long or neutral - in a bear market, be short or neutral. And never add to a losing position. On Easy-Forex the trader can change their trade orders as many times as they wish free of charge, either as a stop loss or as a take profit. The trader can also close the trade manually without a stop loss or profit take order being hit. 

Ah i agree with you that is why i did, stop loss and take profit is a must tool to use. With only few setting my position already secure enough. I set around 25-30 for stop loss and around 50-100 pips for take profit. I think by never spend more than 5% of my total equity is the other way to set my risk to right level.

I think that there are three elements at play here:

1) the Risk-Reward ratio itself;
2) the type of currency pair and its value-per-pip;
3) the size of Stops and Limits used, and the pair's expected volatility.

Point 1 by itself is a very mechanistic view of trading: no two currency pairs are created equal, so points 2 and 3 must be part of the calculation of your risk management and exposure

@kaitokid: For SL and TP i have my own ratio, using 2:1. So my Take Profit is bigger than my Stop Loss. For example i set around 40 for SL then my TP is 80 or more if i want. As for pairs of course i will prefer pairs that has bigger volatility or major pair such as EURUSD, GPBUSD, or USDJPY. AUDUSD and NZDUSD still acceptable.

Trade like a technical analyst. Understanding the fundamentals behind an investment also requires understanding the technical analysis method. When your fundamental and technical signals point to the same direction, you have a good chance to have a successful trade, especially with good money management skills. Use simple support and resistance technical analysis, Fibonacci Retracement and reversal days. Be disciplined. Create a position and understand your reasons for having that position, and establish stop loss and profit taking levels. Discipline includes hitting your stops and not following the temptation to stay with a losing position that has gone through your stop/loss level

• 2 months later...

That is why we must preserve our own money and make sure that if we loss we can rebuild our strenght and also if we are making profit we will be able to make our position stronger than before. If you can apply your risk management to the most fundamental part i am sure that is what you will see and experienced.