Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

How do you trade? Are you a Fundamental or a Technical Trader?

dhanpreet

Every trader has his/her own trading style. Each of them uses different approaches, methodology to profit from every trade.

I use technical analysis for trading in forex. I look at fundamental news , but dont get stuck with the news item and analyse and dig deep. that will be simply waste of time. that is the duty of the analysts and new reporters. they will do the work for us. I feel that we need to immediately grasp things as fast as we hear them. just read/hear it, analyze for a moment, arrive at a decision as to what can happen if it happened now.

In TA, I use Simple Moving Averages (SMA), MACD, RSI. Sometimes I use Stochastics, Bollinger Bands or Money flow Index also. generally i stick to first set for my major decisions. Using too many indicators generally confuse and sometimes takes away precious time and distract us from acting while an opportunity is at hand.

My SMAs are set at 3, 13, 39 periods. whenever the shorter ones cuts the longer ones - either Up or Down one has to go long or short. I also look at the MACD to confirm if the move is right or wrong. RSI should be showing strength, else its sure that the move wont last long.

most platforms offer charting facility on which we can plot the chart of any duration. I look at 5 min, 15 min, 4 hours and daily as I trade in short burst and do not carry any position over-night. at the end of the day, my positions are NIL.

I have been quite successful this method.

What is your style of Trading? Lets share and profit from each others experiences.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In TA, I use Simple Moving Averages (SMA), MACD, RSI. Sometimes I use Stochastics, Bollinger Bands or Money flow Index also. generally i stick to first set for my major decisions. Using too many indicators generally confuse and sometimes takes away precious time and distract us from acting while an opportunity is at hand. very nice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am basically a technical trader but trading news would be a very good and rapid trading style to get fast profits or even losses.Technical trading involves following of a trend and sticking to some rules of a strategy etc.but while trading news it all depends on how the news comes out.But fundamental trading doesnt need much time involvment and is a fastest way of trading

• 2 months later...

I think I am choosing technical analysis although I tried to learn about fundamental analysis too right now. Since I was newbie in forex,

I feel that technical analysis is easier to understand than fundamental analysis. I didn't have background of economic so it's a little bit

hard for me to learn about economic in some countries so I prefer to learn technical analysis first :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a technical trader because hardly to learn the fundamental part. I use a candlestick chart and only use standard indicator. My open position is base on the price action combine it with a S/R line and trendline. Using much indicator make me fell pain, I can hardly see the clear candle or movement price. So I decided to use only 2 indi and all are standard indicator. Still learning the characteristic of the price action and far from the profit. Techinal is hard but I think not as hard as fundamental.

• 4 months later...

I do often trade using technicals but while chosing the instrument to trade i prefer that it has good fundamentals - because when a pair is supported by both fundamental and technicals the chances of profit becomes higher and even if i could not close my trade on right time of i did not trigger stop loss it pays to wait being good fundamentals.

• 3 months later...

Fundamental and technical analysis. Actually my first step is fundamental analysis. read the news, read the sentiments, read forecast next I check my indicators and confirm if those sentiments and forecast I read do have weights. Because its no all the time that forecast and sentiments are true.

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty much a little bit of both with a heavier tendency towards technical trading. I'm more into following the charts. I also look at the news in order to get a grasp at what to expect with the market that I am trading in. While they were both complicated to me, I was able to catch on to the technical side of Forex trading more easily than the fundamental aspect.

• 6 months later...

I am technical trader and mostly my decision based on technical analysis. I am read fundamental news also but not make analysis till I open the cart and see the real situation in the market. if those fundamental news support with the possibly technical outcome analysis, I will not ignore them.

• 9 months later...

I prefer both actually. You need to know technical but fundamentals will help you make more profit if you can predict the movement in advance. Fundamentals will have a lot to do with the technical. You should trade when there is a real movement if you're a scalper. Now, its hard to trade if you don't know the technical side o fit or know how to read the chart. You should know how to read charts so you can trade better. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

that is true that traders has own preferred method. some choose to use technical and they are comfort with it. and thus, able to generate profit even in consistent way. but some other choose to use fundamental analysis which basic approach is use news and economic data to analyze the market. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am 99% fundamental trader and 1% Technical trader. I am dominated by news that i love to trade with so with this fundamental analysis i can trade lesser and trying to obtain bigger profit. Fundamental traders only depend on news and sometimes rumours, but technical traders depend on data and sometimes past movement.

• 2 months later...

I also prefer both trading strategies.Both technical and fundamental analysis are good to a trader and can yield great results if taken into account.Technical is easy to learn and use for a newbie.I love it most but we also need to understand the market fundermentals in order to predict the market movement.Both methods will be good to a trader and we should learn them if we want to make t in forex.

• 2 weeks later...

I also prefer both trading strategies.Both technical and fundamental analysis are good to a trader and can yield great results if taken into account.Technical is easy to learn and use for a newbie.I love it most but we also need to understand the market fundermentals in order to predict the market movement.Both methods will be good to a trader and we should learn them if we want to make t in forex.

I wonder how you put them together As for me technical analysis is a good analysis too but sometimes or in most of time it got so complex and need more time while with fundamental analysis that i did before, every trading become more simple compared to before.

• 7 months later...

You can do that by price action for example, some candle has various meaning and also you can use it when news coming look at high frame like H1 or H4 and compared with M5 or M15 after the news result out just see the candle (price action) to know when the right time to enter the market, usually it is around 5-10 minutes later.

• 2 months later...

You can do that by price action for example, some candle has various meaning and also you can use it when news coming look at high frame like H1 or H4 and compared with M5 or M15 after the news result out just see the candle (price action) to know when the right time to enter the market, usually it is around 5-10 minutes later.

Price action is technical analysis which means if you use it or even combine it with something like RSI or MA100/50/20/30 , then it is safe to assume you are technical traders but if you solely prefer to analyze the news and rumours or even has principal like this " buy the rumour, sell the fact" then you are fundamental trader