Exchange Blog Cryptocurrency Blog

All Pips

6 Critical Factors For Successful Forex Trading

abdulla1

Online, Day trading has exploded across America. Some investors have been very successful and boast of huge gains made in incredibly short periods of time. However, there are many others who experience devastating losses because they have not tapped into the 6 critical factors necessary for successful Futures and FOREX Trading.

Success in any profession can be broken down into a number of critical factors. Trading is no different. A successful trading strategy incorporates the following 6 factors.

1. Determination of An Edge: Trading Futures is a zero sum game. There must be an identifiable edge over the other market participants.

2. Disciplined Execution:There is no point in identifying an edge if there is no discipline to follow thru. Create a plan, stick with it, then determine if the plan is successful. If it is not, change the plan. The important thing is disciplined execution.

3. Money Management: If the risk per trade is too aggressive, then there is the risk of blowing an account. If trades are too conservative, then the opportunity to optimize returns is missed. It is critical to establish the maximum expected draw down of any system and set money management rules accordingly.

4. Create a Trading Plan: A trading plan will determine what will be done in any given situation during the trade day. A plan helps keep one focused on execution and not distractions.

5. Responsibility: Responsibility lies with the trader. Gains, losses, success, or failure is determined by the skill, determination and discipline of the trader.

6. Commitment: There must be commitment to placing every trade according to plan, even through the losing periods where every trade seems to end up a loser. Trading seems to throw up extremes of good times and bad times. One must not be over confident during the good times, and one must not give up in the bad times. There also must be adequate time every day to compare actual performances against the trading plan.

• 7 months later...

I completely agree with all the points on how to be a successful forex trader.. its very important that a trader dont allow his thoughts to get mixed with others, what i do is to listen to some daily forex videos and see if it confirms with my views... if then ill have more confidence in my trades... and one u are in that zone u can play the market accordingly and make lot of profits, u know exactly that the market will move from point a to point b and between this time is the best time to trade. It is also important they you dont tell people how much u make from the forex market.. coz they will not even be able to understand your language.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Those are good points. Some to remember is to trade long term to absorbs more risks and to reduce risks and long term trading is more profitable and more sure than short term scalping. Short term works but its very high risks as well. You can make money but then again the risks is just as high in scalping. Therefore I try to do long term trading or at least one day so that the risk is lower and profit is for sure. Also, use stop loss and take profit when it peaks and don't wait too long or else it will dip. 

• 2 weeks later...

I say you need to keep up with news daily as it changes your currency performance so much that you will be shock to find out if you haven't follow it. Also, have it email to your email or follow it on facebook. Make sure you use low capital and low leverage to prevent high loss and high risk and mc losses or total wipe out. Make sure you use stop loss in long term trade as you will need it cause the market dip really low overnight sometimes. Make sure you use the best brokers as possible cause there are scammy ones out there. 

• 2 weeks later...

news included in fundamental analysis and fundamental analysis to understand how these traders should really learn to develop themselves well in this business because we know that this news analysis will not be easy to do as well in

I say you need to keep up with news daily as it changes your currency performance so much that you will be shock to find out if you haven't follow it. Also, have it email to your email or follow it on facebook. Make sure you use low capital and low leverage to prevent high loss and high risk and mc losses or total wipe out. Make sure you use stop loss in long term trade as you will need it cause the market dip really low overnight sometimes. Make sure you use the best brokers as possible cause there are scammy ones out there. 

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I agree with most of your list especially the 3rd one, that is the most suitable for me, everytime i trade i must know the risk that i want to take, if that is blur i won't go there. Also calculated risk is better because it is already calculated and we can recover easily later rather than forcing ourselves and hoping for luck.

• 5 years later...

Frankly speaking, it’s important not to over-think when it comes to figuring out critical factors. We need to just do the basics right and that very much will be it. And that to me is around having discipline, patience, seriousness and willingness to do hard yards. Thankfully, I am able to do that just right, as it’s simpler with eInvestment. One of the finest investment fund platform which is fully licensed and backed by a team of finest brains having over 200+ years of experience combined.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...